In this guide, I’ll show you how to install the Blink Kodi addon. Blink is available on Kodi 19 Matrix. These installation instructions can be used on all devices that support Kodi, devices like FireStick, Nvidia Shield, Android TV boxes, Windows PC, Mac, tablets, and smartphones.
Update: This addon no longer works. Please try one of the other working addons from our list of Top Addons for Kodi.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Blink is a debrid-based Kodi addon for streaming movies and TV shows. That means you won’t be able to use the addon unless you connect a paid debrid service. That said, this addon offers lighting-fast streams of classic and popular entertainment content. It is one of the best alternatives to addons like Nemesis, Seren, and Shadow.
Blink features a simple user interface. There are folders for Movies, Series, Last played, Trakt, and News (about updates to the addon). Inside the Movies and Series folders, you’ll find the content organized by popularity, genre, year, and rating. The addon has a search feature you can use to find specific content. Whether it’s a top-grossing TV show, the latest movie in the box office, or an old classic, you’ll find it on the Blink Kodi addon.
Regarding the quality of the links, I didn’t notice any buffering. As a matter of fact, the resolution was quite impressive for most of the links scrapped by Blink. In terms of sound, I found some links that supported popular sound formats like Dolby 5.1. The only downside to the experience was that some links to classic content were entirely broken.
But is Blink a safe and legal addon to use? I’ll talk about that next.
The safety of an addon refers to the security and privacy it provides to the people who use it on their devices. As for Blink, I’m more than sure that it’s safe to download, install, and use on any Kodi-supported device.
Since we have to install the Diamond Repository to get the Blink addon, I checked the entire Diamond Repository using VirusTotal. As expected, the result is more than comforting. The proof is below.
When it comes to whether Blink is legal, the answer is ambiguous because the addon is not available in the official Kodi repository. Blink scraps links of movies and TV shows from many unknown sources on the internet, and factors like content licenses and geo-restrictions add another layer of complexity.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
In this section, I’m going to show you how to install Blink on your Kodi-supported device.
I have divided the section into three parts: changing a setting, installing a repository, and installing the addon. Follow each part in order to complete the installation, using the screenshots for extra guidance.
Let’s get started!
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
To download and install any third-party Kodi addon, you first need to allow unknown sources to be installed via your Kodi settings. Without enabling the option, you won’t be able to access repositories that aren’t officially created by Kodi.
Here’s how you can enable unknown sources on Kodi:
1. Launch the Kodi application on your device.
2. Click on the Settings icon located at the top of the left-hand menu.
3. On the next screen, select System in the bottom-right corner.
4. Scroll down to the Add-ons tab, then scroll to the right side of the screen. Click on Unknown sources to turn it on.
5. Kodi will warn you about allowing unknown sources. Click on the Yes button to continue.
6. Lastly, double-check that the toggle has been switched to the right, meaning the option is enabled.
Part 2: Install the Diamond Repository
You can’t install Blink on Kodi without first installing the repository that hosts it. Blink addon is available in the Diamond Repository, so here’s how you can install it on your device.
1. Press the back button on your device to return to the settings page. Click on the File manager button.
2. Scroll all the way down and select Add Source.
3. When the window pops up, select <None>.
4. Enter http://diamondbuild.xyz/ and click on the OK button.
Update: This addon no longer works. Please try one of the other working addons from our list of Top Addons for Kodi.
Note: FireStickTricks.com doesn’t host or distribute the Diamond Repository. It is available at the URL provided above.
5. The box labeled Enter a name for this media source will be auto-filled with the word diamond. Select the box to set a proper name for the Diamond Repository.
6. Enter diamond and click on the OK button.
7. Click on the OK button to continue.
8. Press the back button on your device to return to the settings page again, then click on Add-ons.
9. On the next screen, scroll down and select Install from zip file.
10. If a warning appears, read it and click Yes to continue.
11. A new window will appear. Scroll down and select diamond.
12. Then, select the .zip file to download and install the repository on your device.
13. After a few seconds, you’ll receive a message confirming Diamond Build K19 And K18 Repo Add-on installed. Stay on this screen for the next step.
Now comes the final part of the installation. As we have successfully added the Diamond Repository to Kodi, it’s time to use it to install the Blink Kodi addon.
1. On the same screen from the previous step, click on Install from repository.
2. Scroll down and select Diamond Repo from the list of repositories that are installed on your Kodi app.
3. On the next screen, scroll all the way down and select Video add-ons.
4. You’ll land on a lots of the video addons available in the Diamond Repository. Select Blink from the list.
5. The dashboard for the addon will open. Click on Install on the bottom right.
6. Blink will start downloading. The download status will be shown to the right of the addon’s name.
7. After a few seconds, Blink will start installing. The installation status will be shown similarly.
8. Lastly, you’ll receive a pop-up notification in the top right that says Blink Add-on installed.
You successfully installed the Blink addon on Kodi. But what’s the point if you don’t know how to use it? So let’s learn! In the next sections, I’ll take you through some content folders, functions, and settings in Blink.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
Blink (Don’t Blink) brings a lot of entertainment to the table. From classic movies to the latest TV shows, this addon has something for everyone. If you want to jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the addon yourself, the first step is to launch Blink addon.
Starting on the Kodi home screen, scroll down to the Add-ons tab.
Scroll across to the right side of the screen. Under the category Video add-ons, find and select Blink.
After a few seconds, the addon will launch, and you’ll land on its home screen. The addon is organized into folders and subfolders. Clicking on a folder will take you deeper, and clicking on the two dots at the top of any list will back you out of your current folder.
Let’s quickly browse the Movies folder! Click on it to open it.
You’ll see multiple subfolders: Top, Genres, Years, Ratings, and Search. The content within each folder is pretty self-explanatory.
For the sake of demonstration, let’s explore one of them. Open the Top folder and you’ll see all the recent top movies.
Select any movie, and after a few seconds, Blink will start scraping links from the internet. Then, you can select any link to play the content you have chosen.
The other subfolders are organized similarly, according to their titles.
Now, if you want to search for a movie, select the Search option at the bottom.
Enter your search term and click on the OK button.
After a few seconds, you’ll see all the results that matched your search term. Now you can select any title to play it.
If you want to watch TV shows, go back to Blink’s home screen and select Series.
Just like in the Movies folder, you’ll find multiple subfolders in the Series folder. You can browse categories like Top, Genres, Years, and Ratings, and there’s a Search function here too.
Select the Top folder to see all the latest and greatest shows.
Now that we’ve looked at the Movies and Series folders, let’s go back to Blink’s home screen and check out the other folders. Here’s what the home screen looks like again.
Last played will list the movies and shows you’ve previously watched on the addon. That way, you don’t need to browse through countless subfolders every time you want to resume your content.
If you use Trakt to sync your watch progress across multiple devices or streaming services, you can easily integrate it with Blink. If you don’t use Trakt but you’re interested in giving it a try (it’s free!), sign up for Trakt here. Once you have an account, you can access Trakt integration settings by selecting the Trakt folder on Blink’s home screen.
To check detailed information about the addon and its history of updates, click on News on Blink’s home screen.
Blink relies on Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, and Premiumize to scrap high-quality streaming links for TV shows and movies from the internet. As I mentioned, you can’t watch content on Blink without setting up one of these paid services.
Real-Debrid is the best service of the three, so I’ll demonstrate how to integrate it.
1. Launch your Kodi app and scroll down to the Add-ons tab.
2. Scroll over to Blink on the right side of the screen, but don’t select the addon. Rather than selecting it, press the options button on your device (on a computer, right click the addon).
3. A small menu will come up. Choose Information.
4. Then on the dashboard, select Configure to open the settings page of the addon.
5. Select the Debrid tab on the left-hand side of the page.
6. Turn on Real debrid.
7. Next, click on Re. auth Rd.
8. A window will pop up and ask you to open a link in a web browser and enter the code, which will link Blink with your Real-Debrid account.
9. Fire up your internet browser on a convenient device and make sure you’re logged into Real-Debrid on it. Once you’re logged in, visit https://real-debrid.com/device. Enter your code from the Real-Debrid authentication window on Kodi and click the Continue button.
10. On the next screen, click Allow.
11. Then, enter any name and click on Set that name.
12. Once you see the confirmation message below, you may close your browser and return to Kodi.
13. After a few seconds, Kodi will show an Authorization Successful notification.
If you used this guide to install Blink on Kodi, you now have easy access to thousands of series and movies for free. I recommend all cord-cutters give this addon a shot, as it’s one of the best out there. Feel free to share your suggestions or ask questions about the Blink addon in the comments section.
- How to Install M-E-T-V Kodi Addon
- How to Install KodiVerse Kodi Addon
- How to Install Chains Kodi Addon
- How to Install VideoDevil Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More