In this informational guide, I will show you how to install HGTV Go On FireStick. This guide applies to various Fire TV devices, such as Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, FireStick 4K, FireStick 4K Max, and Amazon FireStick.
What Is HGTV Go?
HGTV Go is a dedicated app for the HGTV channel. HGTV is an acronym for Home and Garden Television. It is popular among Americans and ranks fourth in the United States. Surprisingly, HGTV came into the limelight in December 1994 by Discovery Inc and is still relevant.
HGTV Go app is essential for anyone who desires to be creative about architecture, construction, and other home innovation ideas. In addition, the streaming quality of HGTV Go is top-notch.
If you desire to know more about home decorations, gardening, cleaning, and so on, the HGTV Go app is an ideal way to get started.
Some famous TV shows on the HGTV Go app are House hunters, Fixer to fabulous, Flip or Flop, and a lot more. Additionally, the HGTV Go app provides live streaming and a schedule to check upcoming show timings.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Features of HGTV
- The app is available on Smartphones and FireStick
- It offers more than 150 TV series and different episodes to anyone who desires to stream services.
- Users get notified when a new episode is released.
- You can easily stream missed episodes online.
How to Subscribe to Various Streaming Services for HGTV Go
Interestingly, there is no fixed subscription package for HGTV. However, it is included with subscriptions to other platforms, including YouTube TV, Fubo TV, Amazon Prime, Vidgo, Sling TV, and Philo. Users who subscribe to these streaming services can stream HGTV Go without additional costs.
- Vidgo TV: This streaming service provides access to numerous movies and apps. You can easily access HGTV channels if you subscribe to the Vidgo TV plan, which begins at $55.95 monthly.
- Fubo TV: It provides live and on-demand programs. You can access more than 80 channels, including HGTV, when you subscribe to any of its service plans which are between $69.99 to $99.99.
- Sling TV: Considering that the HGTV channel is a lineup channel on Sling TV, you can access the contents of Sling TV by either subscribing to Sling Blue, which starts from $35 per month, or Sling Orange, which costs $35 every month.
- YouTube TV: If you want to stream HGTV, you can do that with YouTube TV. You only need to subscribe to a monthly fee of $64.99 to watch tons of channels, including HGTV.
How to Install HGTV Go on FireStick
1. Go to Find on the Home Screen and Click Search.
2. With the onscreen keyboard, type HGTV Go.
3. Select the HGTV Go app.
4. Tap on the Download or Get button. Wait for the app to install.
5. Click Open to launch the app.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Activate HGTV Go on FireStick
You will need to activate the HGTV app to get unrestricted access. With just five steps, the HGTV GO app gets activated on your FireStick.
1. Open the HGTV Go app.
2. Select Link TV provider.
3. Wait for the activation code to appear on your screen.
4. Type in https://watch.hgtv.com/link on the browser of your smartphone or computer.
4. Put the activation code into the box and click the activation button.
5. Choose your TV provider, follow the onscreen instructions, and your HGTV Go activates successfully.
How to Use HGTV Go on FireStick
1. Open HGTV Go
2. Go to Home to see the different categories of HGTV episodes and seasons.
3. Select Shows and pick from the options on the screen’s upper part.
4. Click Watch Live to see any live programs or shows.
5. Click Search and use the onscreen keyboard to select your desired program.
6. Click Start watching to see any episode of your preferred show.
7. Click Watch Now and catch all the fun.
If you need more help adding app shortcuts to your home screen, our complete guide to creating home screen shortcuts is available to help you achieve it.
Can I get HGTV on FireStick?
YES. You can get HGTV shows on FireStick using the HGTV Go app. Even if you cannot find the HGTV Go app on your FireStick, you can try an alternative method, such as screen mirroring, to access the app.
How much does it cost to download the HGTV Go app?
The HGTV Go app costs no money when downloading on your smart device. However, to use the app for free, you need to have a TV provider subscription.
Can I Stream HGTV without cable?
Yes, you can stream HGTV without cable. A lot of streaming services have HGTV as one of their lineup channels.
HGTV Go is one of the most trusted apps that provide innovative ideas for any creation. All you need to guide you on how to install HGTV Go on FireStick is available in this article. This guide will also help you understand how to use HGTV Go and get the best out of it. I would like to hear what you think about this guide. Has it been helpful? Please, kindly share your experience with installing HGTV Go on your FireStick.
- How to Install IMDb TV/ Freevee on FireStick
- How to Install & Watch Xfinity on FireStick
- How to Install JetBox on FireStick
- How to Install Apple TV App on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More