In this tutorial, you will find the easy instructions to download and install the Innovation Builds on Kodi 18.9 Leia. You can install this build on all the Kodi compatible devices including FireStick, Android TV Boxes, Computers, Mobiles, etc.
As I write this guide, Innovation Builds Wizard has two builds for Kodi 18. However, I liked its Colors Family build enough to write this guide and also to include it in our list of Best Kodi Builds.
Update: This build is currently unavailable. See our list of the best Kodi builds for some alternatives.
Innovation Kodi Builds are simple and moderately sized. The interface is intuitive and allows for easy navigation. These builds offer decent performance on all devices. They also have a solid library of addons for streaming movies, shows, live TV, sports and content for Kids.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install Innovation Builds on Kodi
I am now going to give you the detailed instructions to install the Innovation Kodi builds. However, before we begin, we need to make sure the Unknown Sources in the Kodi Settings has been allowed/enabled. Follow these steps first:
Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources on Kodi
1. On the home window of the Kodi application, you will find the Settings icon in the top-left corner. You should be looking for the gear icon, click it!
2. Now the following set of icons are displayed on the next window. Click System.
3. You will now see some options on the left menu. Click Add-ons. Go to the right section of the same window.
You will find Unknown Sources disabled by default. Simply click it and turn it on.
4. Click Yes next. This warning message is for malicious addons or builds. Innovation Kodi builds are safe.
This has configured Kodi to allow the installation of Innovation builds on Kodi.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 2: Steps to Install Innovation Kodi Builds
Now we get to the part where we actually install the builds. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the home window of Kodi again. Click Settings.
2. Now open the File manager option.
3. Choose the Add source item on the window that follows next.
4. You must now see this dialogue box. Click where it reads <None>.
5. This opens another window. Here, provide the URL https://kepler-22.github.io and click OK.
6. The URL we provided needs to be named. Select the input box under Enter a name for this media source.
7. Enter a custom name for the repo, I’m naming it innovation. Click OK to continue.
8. Click OK to save changes.
9. We will now go back to the home window of Kodi again. Click Settings one more time followed by Add-ons.
10. Click and open Install from zip file.
11. Now open the source name innovation (or any other source name you chose earlier).
12. Go ahead and click the zip file respository.innovation-x.x.zip (where x.x represents the current version of the file).
13. Now wait a minute for the notification InnovatiON Builds Repository Add-on installed to appear.
14. Next, click Install from repository (on the same window).
15. Go ahead and open the InnovatiON Builds Repository that we just installed.
16. Choose Program add-ons.
17. Click InnovatiON Builds Wizard on the following screen.
18. Near the bottom-right corner, click Install.
19. Wait again. It will take about a minute for the Wizard to install. The installation notification is displayed in the upper-right corner.
20. A pop-up will appear. Click Dismiss.
21. Next, another pop-up will appear. Click Continue.
22. Lastly, another window will open. Click Ignore.
23. Go back to the Kodi home window and navigate to Add-ons > Program add-ons. Click InnovatiON Builds Wizard.
24. Click Builds on the following window.
25. There are two builds each for Kodi 18 Leia and 17 Krypton.
Let’s pick the InnovatiON – COLORS FAMILY build for demonstration purposes.
26. Click Fresh Install to wipe Kodi clean before the installation (recommended). Click Standard Install if you intend to keep your existing add-ons and custom settings.
27. Click Continue to allow the Wizard to restore Kodi to default settings.
28. Wait for the wizard to download the required content. After that, the wizard will start installing, and once it’s done, Kodi will close automatically.
So, that’s how to install Innovation Builds on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Innovation Builds on Kodi: A Quick Overview
Innovation Builds are simple looking with a straightforward interface. The build loads up when you run Kodi after the installation.
Give the build a few minutes to finish the updates. This is important for the proper functioning of the build.
Here is the home screen of the build:
The Innovation Colors Family build features the following main-menu categories on the home window: Movies, TV Shows, Kiddos, AIO, Apps, System, Live TV, and Sports.
The related content or items line up on the screen depending upon the chosen main menu option.
The addon count isn’t that high, but there are still plenty of streaming options.
The build is moderately-sized allowing satisfactory performance on all sorts of devices, including FireStick and other low-RAM, low-spec devices.
The Innovation Builds Wizard has just two builds to offer presently. That’s not a big number. However, both builds offer decent Kodi experience. The Colors Family build is a great option for those who are looking for something light and functional.
The Innovation Kodi builds also offer a small, yet solid line-up of addons. Whether you like to stream movies, shows, live TV or sports, you will find many various options. We have also included Innovation to our list of Best Kodi Builds.
- How to Install SG Wizard Kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install No Limits kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install Silvo Kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install Misfit Mods Lite Kodi Build on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More