In this tutorial, I will show you how to install the LaPlaza addon on Kodi. This addon is available on all the Kodi devices, including FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, Raspberry Pi, Nvidia Shield, and more.
LaPlaza is essentially an on-demand streaming Kodi addon for Movies & Shows. However, it also packs tons of other streaming options including Documentaries, Kids Corner, Fitness Zone, Music, Radio, and more.
In fact, this addon also has an IPTV section. You may find some working channels here.
LaPlaza addon is available via the cy4root Repository, which is a part of our list for the best Kodi repositories.
How to install Laplaza addon on Kodi
In this section, I will provide the steps to install this addon on Kodi. However, I am breaking this section into two parts in the order they need to be followed. This makes the process a bit easier to understand. Here is what we will do:
- Allow or enable the option Unknown Sources in the Settings on Kodi
- Install the Laplaza addon on Kodi
Part 1: Allow or enable Unknown Sources
The reason why we need to do this first is that Kodi would not allow the installation of the third-party addons by default. This is a setting that must be first changed.
Follow the steps below:
1. After launching the Kodi app, stay on the home screen or the main screen.
This is what it looks like
Here, go to the top-left corner where you see the Kodi logo. Click the gear icon and open Settings
2. This will be the Settings menu of Kodi.
Now, we click the option System
3. Within the System window, you will find some options on the left menu.
4. You will now find new options on the right and one of them is Unknown Sources (as highlighted in the image below)
This must be turned ON (if it is currently OFF). Click it!
5. Before turning Unknown Sources on, Kodi will ask for your confirmation.
We will click Yes to proceed
This is how Kodi is configured to install Laplaza addon (or for that matter any other third-party addon)
Part 2: Install Laplaza Kodi addon
This is the part where we follow the installation steps. Here is how it is done:
1. You want to go to the Kodi Settings one more time (by clicking the gear icon in the top-left section of the main window of Kodi)
2. From the Settings menu, open the option File manager.
3. You must now see the Add source option on the left as well as on the right.
You may click any one of them (double click if you use Kodi on a computer)
4. Now you are presented with the following dialog box or popup window.
Here, we will click where you see <None>
5. This is the part where you enter the source URL for the LaPlaza Kodi addon.
Type this path: https://cy4root2.github.io/zip
Type the link carefully and make sure there are no typos
6. You must now be back on this window.
Provide a name for the source URL you just added
I am choosing the name cy4root though you may type any other name if you like
Click OK again
7. We are now going to go back to the Settings menu. Press the back button once (or if you are on the home screen, again click the gear icon in the top-left corner).
8. Open the option Install from zip files when this window appears.
9. On this popup window, you will find the source name you added in Step 6.
I chose the name cy4root
Click the name
10. On the next screen, open the zip file repository.cy4root-master.
Clicking this file will install the cy4root Repository
11. Wait for a few seconds until the repository is installed.
Cy4root Repository Add-on installed notification appears in the top-right section of your display
12. On the same window, go ahead and click the option Install from repository.
13. Access the cy4root Repository you just installed.
14. Click the option Video add-ons on the window that appears next.
15. You will find the Laplaza addon here. Go ahead and click it.
16. Now, to install this addon, click the option Install on this window (bottom-right).
17. You should see this window with the list of all the addons that will be installed alongside Laplaza.
Click OK to continue
18. Installation will now begin. It may take a minute or two.
We will wait for the LaPlaza Add-on installed notification (displayed in the top-right section of the window)
19. If this prompt from YouTube addon is displayed during or after the installation, click NO
YouTube setup is not required for this addon to work
That’s it! You have successfully installed the LaPlaza addon on Kodi.
How to use LaPlaza Kodi addon
In this section, we will discuss the following:
- Access Laplaza Kodi addon
- Explore Laplaza Kodi addon
- Fix ‘no streams available’ issue
- Authorize Real Debrid
Part 1: Access Laplaza Kodi addon
If you already know how to access addons on Kodi, you may skip to the next section.
You may access video add-ons directly from the main screen of Kodi. Just highlight (without clicking) the Add-ons option on the left menu. You will find Laplaza under the Video add-ons section on the right
The other way is to click the Add-ons option on the main screen. On the next screen do not click, just highlight Video add-ons. LaPlaza addon is available on the right
Part 2: Explore LaPlaza Kodi addon
This is the main screen of the Laplaza addon. Here, you will find the various streaming categories, such as Movies, TV Shows, Documentary, Kids Corner, etc.
You may also explore some special categories like TMDb Lists, Fitness Zone, Legends of Music, and Radio.
Additionally, LaPlaza Kodi addon has an IPTV section if you want to stream cable TV channels. However, this section is not exactly very reliable.
You will notice that most of the categories are organized in various subcategories. For instance, when I open Movies on the mains screen, I find several subcategories including Genres, Year, People, Languages, People Watching, etc.
These subcategories may be further organized into more subcategories.
You may explore the categories and subcategories to find the content for streaming.
Part 3: Fix ‘no streams available’ issue
It is unlikely, but you may sometimes not find any streams for movies and shows. Or, sometimes the addon may display a very small number of streams. Usually, this can be fixed by following these steps:
1. Click Tools on the main screen of the Laplaza Kodi addon.
2. Click Settings: Providers on the next screen.
3. You will see this prompt asking you to install the OpenScrapers Module. Go ahead and click Yes.
4. Make sure that the Providers tab is selected on the left menu.
On the right, under Provider Settings, check which scraper is selected for Provider Choice. It would either be Open Scrapers or Lipton Module
Note: If the selected scraper doesn’t work, choose the other one
5. Depending upon the chosen scraper above, click the respective scraper on the same window (check the image below)
6. On the next window, make sure the General tab is selected.
Now, click Enable All Providers on the right
Go back to the main screen and navigate to the content you wish to play. You will find more streams.
Part 4: Authorize Real Debrid
I am going to give you the quick steps to pair Real Debrid with LaPlaza addon.
If you want detailed information, please visit our guide on How to set up and use Real Debrid with Kodi.
Follow these steps:
1. Click Tools on the main window of the LaPlaza Kodi addon.
2. Scroll down to the bottom and click ResolveURL: Settings.
3. Click Universal Resolvers on the left menu.
Scroll down to the Real Debrid section on the right
Change the Priority value to 90 (default is 100)
Click (Re)Authorize My Account
4. You should now see this popup with a code
Go to https://real-debrid.com/device in a web browser
Log in with your Real-Debrid account (if you haven’t done that already)
Enter this code
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
So, this is all about the LaPlaza addon on Kodi. This addon comes from the cy4root Repository, which is one of the most trusted repositories these days. LaPlaza gives you tons of streaming options including the regular movies and shows as well as special categories. It looks like a decent addon at this time.
- How to install Exodus Addon
- How to install Descent Kodi Addon
- How to install Kodi on Firestick
- How to update Kodi
- Best Kodi skins
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More