This thorough article will explain how to install The Boys addon on Kodi and then use the addon. The Boys is compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix. The instructions in this article will work the same way for all devices compatible with Kodi, such as Amazon Fire TV Stick (FireStick Lite, FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube), NVIDIA SHIELD, Android TV boxes, Windows PC, Mac, tablets, and smartphones. Here’s a quick overview of The Boys Kodi addon before I show you how to install it.
Are you looking for new sources of entertainment in your free time? Well, signing up for multiple streaming platforms to access your favorite content will send your monthly subscription bills through the roof.
Update: This add-on is not working at this time. You may try other popular and working Add-ons from this list.
What if you could stream movies, TV shows, and documentaries for free without paying a dime? Meet The Boys Kodi addon from The Crew repository. This addon is a one-stop destination for all your entertainment needs. You can stream tons of content with the addon, from the latest movies to old-time classics.
The Boys Kodi addon has a section for you, your dad, your kids (if you have any), and your neighbors too. You can integrate the addon with Trakt, Furk, and Easynew accounts too. Since the addon supports Real-Debrid, you can use it to get high-quality content.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Is The Boys Kodi Addon Safe and Legal?
Users sometimes ask these questions about third-party Kodi addons because they’re not verified by Kodi. That means the addons may or may not have the legal licenses to stream the content they offer to their users.
But it can be hard to know the source of an addon’s content, and it’s impossible to know every single licensing agreement between all media companies in the world. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t have enough resources to determine if every video on The Boys is legal for you to watch. You need to do your own due diligence before streaming anything, especially because your government and ISP (internet service provider) may monitor your activities.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install The Boy Kodi Addon
Installing a third-party Kodi addon is a bit of a process. But don’t worry, I’ll walk you through it step by step.
First, we need to change the Kodi setting. Then we’ll add a source, download the repository at that source, and install The Boys from the repository.
Let’s get started.
Part 1: Change a Kodi Setting
1. Launch Kodi.
2. Select Settings (the cog icon) at the top of the left panel.
3. Select System on the bottom right.
4. Select the Add-ons tab. Scroll over to the right portion of the screen and select Unknown sources to turn the toggle on.
Note: Due to privacy and security concerns, the toggle will be disabled by default. After installing the third-party addon, I recommend you disable the option.
5. Click Yes if a warning window pops.
6. The Unknown sources toggle is now enabled.
Part 2: Add a Repository Source
1. Press the back button on your device one time to return to the page with System in the top-left corner. Then select File manager.
2. Select Add source in either column.
3. Click <None>
4. Type http://team-crew.github.io using the virtual keyboard and click OK.
Note: Check for typos. Try replacing http with https if you encounter a problem.
5. Select the box under Enter a name for this media source, then enter the name crew and click OK. Back on the Add file source window, click OK again.
Part 3: Install the Repository
1. Head back to Kodi’s home screen and scroll down to the Add-ons tab on the left side.
2. On the right side, choose Install from zip file, under Categories.
Note: Click Yes to close the pop-up warning. It notifies you that addons installed from zip (excluding the official repository) must be manually updated. Nothing to worry about.
3. Choose Crew.
4. Select repository.thecrew-0.3.4.zip and click OK. It doesn’t matter if the numbers in the file name are different.
5. Wait for a minute until you get a notification saying THE CREW REPO Add-on installed. Stay on this screen for the next step.
Part 4: Install The Boys Kodi Addon
1. On the same screen, select Install from repository.
2. Select THE CREW REPO.
3. Choose Video add-ons.
4. Scroll down to select The Boys
5. Hit Install.
6. Click OK if it asks you to install additional addons.
7. Wait a few seconds until the installation completes. Once it’s done, you will get the message The Boys Add-on installed.
8. Go back to the Kodi home screen and scroll down to the Add-ons tab on the left. The Boys should show up under Video add-ons on the right portion of the screen.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with The Boys Kodi addon
You need to integrate a debrid service into The Boys Kodi addon to make it work properly. Debrid services help you access premium content files hosted by different sources that usually require payment. Before we start, make sure you have a subscription to a debrid service that you can integrate. If you don’t have one, sign up for a Real-Debrid account before proceeding.
1. Launch The Boys.
2. From The Boys home screen, select Settings.
3. Scroll down the tabs on the left and select the Debrid tab.
4. Select Enable debrid service to turn the toggle on.
5. Make sure Real-Debrid is selected for Choose debrid service. If you’re using a different debrid service, select that one instead.
6. Select Re-auth Real-Debrid (or your respective debrid service).
7. You will now receive an authorization code for connecting your Real-Debrid account. Leave it up on your screen, as you need it for the next step.
8. On a convenient device like your smartphone or laptop, go to https://real-debrid.com/device using a web browser.
Note: You must be logged in to your Real-Debrid account.
9. Type in the code provided in The Boys and click Continue.
10. Now just set a name for the connection.
11. You’re done! Now you’re ready to use The Boys addon on Kodi.
The Boys Kodi addon Overview
The home screen of The Boys Kodi addon consists of very few sections compared to other video streaming addons like Black Lightning, Aliunde, and Diamond Shadow. The main menu has categories that include
- The Boys
- TV Shows
- Last Link Played
The Movies section has neatly organized content. This is important since categorizing movies makes it easier for users to find what they want. The section also provides a Search Movie function to help you find movies alphabetically or by keyword.
Similar to other folders, TV Shows categorized its content based on popularity, genre, year, network, and new releases. You can Search here as well. The Advance Content selection allows you to filter TV shows based on specific criteria, including year and genre.
The Boys Kodi addon also allows Trakt integration. Trakt automatically keeps a record of every TV show and movie you watch in your media center. To use it in The Boys, you must authenticate Trakt the same way you did for Real-Debrid. Within the settings for The Boys is a Trakt tab, where you can complete the integration.
The Boys Kodi addon also has a dedicated Search option on the home screen, which will search through all of the addon’s content.
From the Settings menu, you can customize or tweak The Boys Kodi addon in terms of streaming quality, the context menu, the available external sources, and integration of external addons, including Open Scrapers, Universal Scrapers, The Crew, and Fen. On top of that, there are options for subtitles, debug, an adult filter, and more.
I hope you understand how to install The Boys Kodi addon now! With The Boys Kodi addon, you can watch all your favorite content in one place, and for free. Did you install The Boys on Kodi and start using it? What do you think of the addon? Do share your experience in the comments section below.
- How to Install Mad Titan Sports Kodi Addon
- How to Install Kaito Kodi Addon
- How to Install 4k Kodi Addon
- How to Install Q Sports Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More