In this tutorial, I will show you how to install The USS Defiant addon on Kodi. This addon works on all the Kodi platforms including FireStick, Android TV devices, Android & iOS Mobiles, Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, and more.
The USS Defiant is a relatively new addon but is working great presently. You can use this addon to watch movies, shows, and more.
This addon works best when paired with Real Debrid.
Trakt support is available for a better streaming experience.
How to install the USS Defiant addon on Kodi
Let me break down this installation process into two important parts as follows:
- Allow Unknown Sources within the Kodi Settings
- Install the USS Defiant Addon
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Part 1: Allow the Unknown Sources within the Kodi Settings
You need to take care of this part first before you could install USS Defiant or any other third-party addon on Kodi. By default, the Kodi security settings won’t allow such installations. Here is how you change the settings:
- Launch the Kodi application on your device
- You should see the following home window. There is a cog/gear icon in the top-left corner. Click this icon to open the Kodi Settings
- Now, within the Settings menu, you will find several options. Open the one in the bottom-right called System
- Next, you will find the menu items on the left. Select or click the option Add-ons
- You are now going to find the related options on the right side of the window. Here, you want to click the option Unknown Sources
Note: Click this option if it is OFF or disabled. If it is already ON or enabled, leave it
- You must now see the following prompt. Go ahead and click Yes to continue
Here! You have enabled Unknown Sources and this will allow you to install the third-party addons on Kodi. Let’s get started
Part 2: Install the USS Defiant Kodi Addon
Your Kodi app has now been set up to allow USS Defiant addon. So, here are the steps we are going to follow:
1. Open the home window of the Kodi application (check the image below). Click the gear icon in the top-left corner and open Settings again.
2. Now, on the top-left, click the option File Manager.
3. This is the window you are going to see next.
Here, click Add source
Note: As you can see, there are two Add Source options – on the left and right. You can click any one of them. Also, you will need to double-click this option on a computer
4. This is the popup window that you see next. Here, we will click where it says <None>.
5. Now, go ahead and type the following path or URL in the text field
http://repo.rubyjewelwizard.comUse the new URL: http://diamondbuild.xyz/
Just make sure you have typed the URL correctly without any typos. The wrong URL means error during installation later
6. You would return to this window again.There is the source name field here. Highlight or click this field and then type in any source name you want.
I am choosing ruby
7. Now, the next thing you want to do is go back to the home window of the Kodi one more time. When on the home window, click Settings again.
8. Navigate to and then open the option Add-ons.
9. Here, you see the following set of options. Click Install from zip file.
10. This window will appear. Yours may look slightly different from mine.
Scroll down, find, and click the source name you provided earlier
It is ruby in my case
11. On this screen, we are going to click the zip file named repository.Diamond-Wizard-Repo (choose the version that says K18)
The version number of the file name in the image may be different in your case. Click the file regardless
12. Just wait now. The repository is being installed.
You should see the Diamond Build Repo Add-on installed message in just a few seconds
13. Stay on the same window. Click Install from repository.
14. Now, we open the Diamond Build Repo we installed.
15. Next, open Video add-ons.
16. Now, here is the list of all the add-ons this repository hosts. Find and click The USS Defiant add-on.
17. Go ahead and click Install on the next window.
18. This popup should now appear on your screen. It shows the list of all the additional add-ons that will be installed along with the USS Defiant Kodi addon.
19. Wait while The USS Defiant add-on is installed. This may take a few minutes.
20. You will see the confirmation The USS Defiant Add-on installed.
That’s it! You have successfully installed The USS Defiant addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to use The USS Defiant Kodi addon
The first thing you want to do after the installation is, go to the main window or home-screen of Kodi.
When you are there, click the option Add-ons in the left menu. Next, highlight Video add-ons on the next screen.
This is where you find The USS Defiant Kodi addon. Go ahead and click it to start using it.
This is the main screen of the addon. You will find the following categories for streaming:
- Movies Trakt
- TV Shows
- TV Shows Trakt
Scroll down a bit on the main screen of the addon to explore more categories titles ‘Begin Extended Categories.’
In the extended categories section, you will find the following options:
- Movie Time
- Kings of Horror
- Kung Fu
- MST3K / Sci-Fi
- Kids Corner
As you can see, there are plenty of streaming options available. You just need to pick the streaming category you like and start exploring the options. Most of these categories have further subcategories. For example, when I clicked Movies, the following window appeared with the options like:
- Movies “G” “PG” “PG-13” “R” “NC-17”
- In Theaters
- Movies New
- People Watching
- Most Popular
If you are experiencing streaming issues or if you aren’t getting enough streaming links, here is what you can do:
Click Tools on the main screen of the addon
Click SETTINGS: Providers on the next window
Click the Providers option in the left menu
On the right, click Open Scraper Settings
When this window is displayed, click Enable All Providers
Features of The USS Defiant Kodi Addon
Here are some of the top features of this addon:
- Offers multiple streaming categories including the regular categories as well as various specials
- It is pulling quality streaming links as of now
- Supports Real Debrid and gives you more streaming options in terms of links
- Trakt support is also available
- Works fine on all types of Kodi compatible platforms – FireStick, Mobiles, Computers, etc.
So, here is how you can install The USS Defiant addon on Kodi. With many streaming options and smooth navigation, this addon looks like a good option to watch movies, shows and more.
- How to install the Magic Dragon Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Maze Kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install Exodus Redux Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Asgard Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More