In this guide, I’ll share how and where you can enter the Amazon Fire Stick activation code, which is also known as the device registration process. This process applies to all Amazon Fire TV products, including FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube.
Have you just bought your first Fire TV device? And you’re stuck on the Amazon Fire TV activation code screen? Well, you are not alone. Many people have a similar first experience with Fire TV devices.
But if you’re an experienced user and you need to register your Fire TV again, you’ll find this information helpful as well.
First, I’ll explain how activation codes work. Then, I’ll walk you through how to use your activation code step by step.
What’s an Amazon Fire Stick Activation Code?
A Fire Stick activation code is a unique PIN code generated by the device to help users easily link their Fire TV device with their Amazon account. Using the activation code lets you avoid manually entering your Amazon account details on your Fire TV or FireStick.
The process asks you to either log in to an active Amazon account or create a new one. If you already have an account, you will need to get on a convenient device like a smartphone or computer and go to amazon.com/code. Then, you’ll log in and enter the activation code provided on your FireStick to complete the registration of your device. Once you have completed the process, your device will stay linked to your Amazon account until you decide to deregister it in the future.
Now that you know the basics, it’s time to get practical. In the section below, I’ll show you exactly how to enter your activation code and register your FireStick from scratch.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Register Your Fire Stick with an Activation Code
I have divided this section into two parts. Those who already have an Amazon account should refer to the first part about linking an existing account. Those who don’t have an account should refer to the second part about creating one.
Register with an Existing Amazon Account
If you already have an Amazon account, follow these steps to link it:
1. When setting up your Fire Stick, select Have an account Sign In on the Amazon Account screen.
2. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to visit amazon.com/code and enter the activation code on the screen to sign in to your account.
3. On your smartphone or computer, go to amazon.com/code, enter your account information, and Sign-In.
4. After signing in, you’ll be redirected to a screen where you can enter your activation code.
5. Enter the activation code shown on your Fire Stick and click on the Continue button.
6. You’ll receive a success message, and your device registration will be completed.
7. On your Fire Stick, you’ll see the following screen. Wait a bit while your device registers.
8. Then, you’ll be welcomed. To confirm the registration process, click on the Continue button.
9. You’ll be asked if you would like to save Wi-Fi passwords to Amazon. I recommend that you select Yes to continue.
10. Finally, you’ll land on the Profile page, where you can select your profile and start streaming.
Register with a New Amazon Account
If you don’t have an Amazon account, you’ll need to create one to start using FireStick. Follow these steps.
1. On the Fire Stick setup screen, select the button New to Amazon? Create an Account.
2. You’ll be asked to create an account at amazon.com/code and then enter the code when you are done.
3. Go to amazon.com/code on your smartphone or computer and click on the Create your Amazon account button.
4. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to fill out fields for Your name, Email, Password, and Re-enter password. Once done, click on the yellow Create your Amazon account button.
5. To verify your identity, Amazon will send a One-Time-Password (OTP) to the email address you provided.
6. Go to your email inbox in a new tab/window and find the recent email sent by Amazon. Copy the OTP.
7. Back on the Amazon site, enter the OTP and click on the yellow Create your Amazon Account button.
8. After this, you’ll be taken to the device registration page.
9. Enter the activation code shown on your Fire Stick and click on the yellow Continue button.
10. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter your address details. Fill in your information and click the Add and use this address button.
11. The Amazon site will tell you your Fire Stick registration is complete!
12. On your Fire TV Stick, you’ll see the following screen. Wait a bit while your device registers.
13. Next, you’ll be welcomed to your account. Click on the Continue button to confirm.
14. I recommend that you click on the Yes button to allow the device to save your Wi-Fi passwords to Amazon.
15. Finally, you’ll land on the profile selection page. Choose your profile to start streaming.
Do I need an Amazon account to register my Fire TV Stick?
Yes! You need to have an Amazon account to register/activate your Fire TV device. If you don’t have one, you can easily create one for free.
Why do I need to activate/register my Fire Stick?
Without activating/registering your Fire TV Stick with an Amazon account, you won’t be able to use it at all. Amazon has made it mandatory for all FireStick owners to link their entertainment hub with an Amazon account. This lets the device understand your interests and remember your streaming progress across Amazon content.
Can I set up my FireStick without entering an activation code?
If you have an Amazon account, you can set up your device without entering an activation code, but it’s more tedious. To do so, select the option Have an account Sign In as you’re setting up your FireStick. Then, press the options button (three horizontal lines) on your Fire TV remote. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your account manually and complete the device setup process.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
That’s everything you need to know about Amazon Fire Stick activation codes. I explained how and where to enter your activation code to register your Fire Stick device, whether you have an existing Amazon account or not. If you have any questions or suggestions about the topic, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
- How to Set Up Amazon FireStick
- How to Jailbreak a FireStick
- Best Apps for Amazon FireStick
- How to Control FireStick With a Phone
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More