Amazon Fire Stick has changed TV viewing by leaps and bounds ever since its inception. While it has dealt a huge blow to traditional television, but still it suffers from one major flaw. The Amazon Fire Stick offers ample multimedia content with Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, etc. but needless to say, all of this isn’t free or even available globally. Thus many users burn huge holes in their pockets to enjoy their Fire Stick to the fullest.
However, there is a way by which you can unlock the sea of amazing content absolutely free of cost. This would need you to jailbreak FireStick and before you panic, let us assure you that Jailbroken Fire Stick is not illegal. The Amazon Fire TV Stick is your private property and you’re free to do whatever you wish with it. However, if you stream pirated content on it, it would be illegal and hence your problem buddy!!!
How to Jailbreak FireStick
Although Amazon Fire Stick jailbreak process isn’t exactly a cakewalk, it’s not some rocket science either. Note that you will see many Jailbroken FireStick for sale around the internet, but I will strongly avoid buying jailbroken firestick. The reason is simple, one day you have to learn yourself all the process outlined below, so why to spend extra money on something which you can do yourself within minutes.
Just closely follow the steps mentioned below and you’ll easily be able to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick. We will perform all these steps on 2nd Gen FireStick with Alexa voice remote.
Note: We don’t encourage to use any software/hardware/service for accessing the illegal content. Please be a good judge of your actions.
STEP 1: Setting Up the Fire Stick
First of all, you need to do some tweaks on your Amazon Fire Stick so as to facilitate the hacking process. Also, if you are wondering, we do not need any computer to hack the FireStick. It is all very simple and requires nothing more than your FireStick, Remote, and an active Internet connection. So let’s see how to jailbreak firestick without a computer.
- This is the first and the most basic step. You need to navigate to Settings using your remote. Now select Device.
- Got to Developer Options.
- Once you’re there, you’ve to do two things. First of all, enable ADB debugging and then turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources.
- You need to do just one more thing so that you can easily hack the Fire Stick. Once again navigate to Settings and then select Applications. Finally, just turn OFF the Collect App Usage Data.
These steps will ensure that your Amazon Fire Stick is all set to be unlocked. Now get ready for the second step.
STEP 2: Install ES File Explorer on FireStick
ES Explorer is a very handy application and you would need it to jailbreak Amazon Fire Stick and run Kodi on it. It’s absolutely free and you can download and install ES File Explorer on your Fire Stick like any other application.
Just go to the Amazon App Store and search for ES File Explorer. The rest is simple. Just download and install it. Once you’ve installed the ES File Explorer on your device, your Fire Stick is now ready for hacking.
STEP 3: Install Kodi on Fire Stick
Installing Kodi is the last and final step to unlock Fire Stick to its fullest. Kodi is an application which will open the entire world of free multimedia content on your Amazon Fire TV Stick (Mind it that a lot of this content might be pirated or prohibited in your region and hence illegal!!). You can install Kodi on FireStick in a number of ways but we’ll install it using the ES File Explorer since it’s the simplest and most convenient way.
- Open the ES File Explorer menu on the left and navigate to Tools> Download Manager> +New
- Now a new menu will appear asking you for Path and Name. For the Path, put http://bit.ly/krypton176 and for the Name, put ‘Kodi Krypton’ and click ‘OK’.
- Once this is done, select ‘Download Now‘ which will begin the downloading of the installation file.
- Once the file is downloaded, click “Open File,” and then Install Kodi APK on your Amazon Fire Stick. Now just launch the Kodi app and enjoy.
- You might not find Kodi on your Fire TV home screen, so just navigate to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Installed Applications -> Kodi -> Launch Application.
- Please note that the app might take up some time in opening up for the first time, so don’t worry.
Video Guide on How to Jailbreak Amazon Fire TV Stick
Voila, you’re done. Just follow these above-mentioned steps to jailbreak Fire Stick and install Kodi on it successfully. So finally you have jailbroken Amazon Fire Stick for unlimited enjoyment. You can now just launch the Kodi app and enjoy the unlimited entertaining content. You’ll also need some Kodi add-ons or Kodi Builds for Fire Stick to use it to the full extent.
Furthermore, we would recommend you to use a Kodi VPN for Fire Stick to access channels which might be blocked in your region as well as secure your anonymity.
This how-to jailbreak FireStick tutorial has been tested on 2nd gen Amazon FireStick with Alexa voice and is working absolutely fine as on date. However, if you face any issue following any step, feel free to drop your queries in the comments box below.
Check Also: How to Update Kodi on FireStickDisclaimer - FireStickTricks.com guides are for educational purpose only. We do not in any way condone, promote or encourage any illegal use of these guides. Users are responsible for their actions. Read our full disclaimer.