In this article, I will explain how to install and then use Netflix on Kodi. The steps in this article work the same way for any Kodi-compatible device, including Amazon FireStick and Fire TV, New FireStick 4K, New FireStick 4K Max, NVIDIA SHIELD, Android TV boxes, smartphones, and PCs. First, I’ll provide some context for getting Netflix on Kodi, and then I’ll show you how to get it and start using it.
Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services available. From original TV shows to all-time classic movies, you can find it all on Netflix.
So what if you combine Netflix with the great versatility of Kodi? The result is world-class and unmatchable. With Netflix on Kodi, you get to enjoy tons of impressive features like library integration, watch status sync, and high-res playback.
However, as Netflix doesn’t have an official addon for Kodi, it’s a bit challenging to access Netflix on Kodi. But don’t worry, I’ve got your back. Today, I’m going to show you how you can unofficially but legally install the Netflix addon on Kodi.
Note: If you own an Amazon FireStick, you can install Netflix directly on FireStick.
Netflix’s unofficial addon on Kodi by CastagnaIT is simple, lightweight, and blazing fast. It doesn’t offer a fancy user interface, but the interface’s responsiveness and ease of use make up for it.
Before we get started, let’s talk about the nuances of installing and using Netflix on Kodi. The Netflix addon works on Kodi 20 Nexus and Kodi 19 Matrix.
Now let’s dive in and see how you can install the Netflix addon on Kodi.
How to Install Netflix Addon on Kodi
Installing Kodi’s Netflix addon will only take a few minutes. I have divided the installation into three parts for your convenience: adding the source of a new repository, installing the repository, and then installing the Netflix addon itself from that repository.
Just follow the steps below. By the end of the three parts, the Netflix addon will be installed on Kodi.
Part 1: Add a New Repository Source
First, we’ll add a source called Fusion TV, which hosts the CastagnaIT repository containing Netflix. So let’s get started:
1. Launch Kodi. Click on the Settings Icon.
2. Click System located on the bottom right.
3. Navigate to the Add-ons tab in the left panel, then scroll across and turn on Unknown sources in the right panel.
4. A window will pop up to confirm your action. Click on the Yes button to continue.
5. Go back to the settings screen by pressing the back button on your remote. Select the File manager option.
6. Click on the Add source option.
7. Select <None>.
8. A window will pop up. In that window, enter https://castagnait.github.io/repository.castagnait/ and click on the OK button.
9. You will see an alias name under Enter a name for this media source. You can either proceed ahead with the default name or choose your preferred alias. I am continuing with the default alias repository.castagnait.
10. Once again, click on the OK button to continue.
We’re done adding the source. Let’s move on to the second part of installing Netflix on Kodi.
Part 2: Install the CastagnaIT Repository
Now, we’ll use the source we added to install the CastagnaIT repository on Kodi. The CastagnaIT repository will then help us to install the Netflix addon.
1. On the Kodi home page, click on the settings gear again.
2. Click on the Add-ons button.
3. Select Install from zip file.
4. A window will pop up. From the list, select repository.castagnait.
5. From the list, select the option that says repository.castagnait-x.x.x.zip.
Note: You may see different numbers before .zip. There’s nothing to worry about. The numbers will change over time as the file version changes.
6. Wait a minute for a notification saying CastagnaIT Repository Add-on installed.
Congratulations, you have installed the CastagnaIT repository. In the third part, we’ll finally install the Netflix addon on Kodi.
Part 3: Install the Netflix Kodi Addon
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for. Without further ado, let’s install Netflix.
1. After installing the CastagnaIT repository in the previous step, you’ll automatically be sent to the Add-ons / Add-on browser screen.
2. From there, click Install from repository.
3. Select CastagnaIT Repository.
4. Click on Video add-ons.
5. Click on Netflix.
6. Now, you’ll see the installation page for the Netflix Kodi addon. Click on the Install button at the bottom right.
8. You will see the download with begin to progress.
9. Installation will begin. You’ll see a series of notifications for necessary addons that are being installed.
Finally, we are done installing the Netflix addon on the Kodi app. Now it’s time to watch some Netflix.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Watch Netflix on Kodi
Just like the true Netflix app, you have to set up the Netflix addon on Kodi the first time you use it. After that, you’ll be ready to start streaming.
So, I’ll show you how to set up Netflix on Kodi for the first time. Then we’ll take a look at the Netflix addon itself.
Setting up Netflix on Kodi
1. On Kodi’s home screen, scroll down the left panel and stop on Add-ons.
2. The Netflix addon for Kodi gives you two options to log in to your Netflix account: email and password, or authentication key. Click the E-mail/Password button.
3. Enter the email associated with your Netflix account and click on the OK button.
4. Type in the password for your Netflix account and click on the OK button.
5. Click on the OK button to continue. And after a few seconds, you’ll be logged in to your Netflix account.
Now we are ready to use the Netflix addon on Kodi.
Using Netflix on Kodi
Once you are signed in to your account on the Netflix addon, you’ll see your profiles.
Just like a typical Netflix app, you can choose any user profile.
Each profile lists a bunch of folders: My List, Continue Watching, New Releases, Trending Now, Recommendations, and more. When you select a folder, you’ll be shown content you can stream. For instance, click on the Top 10 folder to see the current top ten titles in your region.
To search for any content, scroll down and select Search. Then, select New search. You can search by term, audio language, subtitle language, and genre/subgenre ID.
Using the Netflix addon on Kodi is as simple as browsing the Netflix application or website. The main downside of the Netflix Kodi addon is that it’s not as visual. Otherwise, you’ll have no difficulty finding the content you want.
With Netflix on Kodi, you get to use Netflix to its full potential. From streaming 4k content to accessing multiple profiles and maintaining your content lists, you can do it all with the Kodi Netflix addon. If you unblock Netflix from other countries, check out our guide on using Netflix VPN.
If you run into any problems during installation, leave a comment and I will get back to you.
- How to Install Black Lightning Kodi Addon
- How to Install Tempest Kodi Addon
- How to Install TVOne Kodi Addon
- How to Install Gaia kodi Addon
Suberboost Your FireStick with My Free Guide
Stay Ahead: Weekly Insights on the Latest in Free Streaming!
No spam, ever. Unsubscribe anytime.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More