In this article, I will explain how to install and then use Netflix on Kodi. The steps in this article work the same way for any Kodi-compatible device, including Amazon FireStick and Fire TV, NVIDIA SHIELD, Android TV boxes, smartphones, and PCs. First, I’ll provide some context for getting Netflix on Kodi, and then I’ll show you how to get it and start using it.
Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services available. From original TV shows to all-time classic movies, you can find it all on Netflix.
So what if you combine Netflix with the great versatility with Kodi? The result is world-class and unmatchable. With Netflix on Kodi, you get to enjoy tons of impressive features like library integration, watch status sync, and high-res playback.
However, as Netflix doesn’t have an official addon for Kodi, it’s a bit challenging to access Netflix on Kodi. But don’t worry, I’ve got your back. Today, I’m going to show you how you can unofficially but legally install the Netflix addon on Kodi.
Note: If you own an Amazon FireStick, you can install Netflix directly on FireStick.
Netflix’s unofficial addon on Kodi by CastagnaIT is simple, lightweight, and blazing fast. It doesn’t offer a fancy user interface, but the interface’s responsiveness and ease of use make up for it.
Before we get started, let’s talk about the nuances of installing and using Netflix on Kodi.
The Netflix addon works on Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia. But the addon is recommended for Kodi 18 Leia, as it’s more stable with that Kodi version.
Now let’s dive in and see how you can install the Netflix addon on Kodi.
How to Install Netflix Addon on Kodi
Installing Kodi’s Netflix addon will only take a few minutes. I have divided the installation into three parts for your convenience: adding the source of a new repository, installing the repository, and then installing the Netflix addon itself from that repository.
Just follow the steps below. By the end of the three parts, the Netflix addon will be installed on Kodi.
Part 1: Add a New Repository Source
First, we’ll add a source called Fusion TV, which hosts the CastagnaIT repository containing Netflix.
So let’s get started:
1. Fire up the Kodi application on your FireStick.
2. Click on the settings gear located in the top-left corner of your Kodi home screen, just below the Kodi logo.
3. Click System located on the bottom right.
4. Navigate to the Add-ons tab in the left panel, then scroll across and turn on Unknown sources in the right panel.
5. A window will pop up to confirm your action. Click on the Yes button to continue.
6. Go back to the settings screen by pressing the back button on your remote. Select the File manager option.
7. Click on the Add source option.
8. Select <None>.
9. A window will pop up. In that window, enter http://fusion.tvaddons.co/ and click on the OK button.
10. Select the input box under Enter a name for this media source.
11. Type CastagnaIT. Then click on the OK button.
12. Once again, click on the OK button to continue.
We’re done adding the source. Let’s move on to the second part of installing Netflix on Kodi.
Part 2: Install the CastagnaIT Repository
Now, we’ll use the source we added to install the CastagnaIT repository on Kodi. The CastagnaIT repository will then help us to install the Netflix addon.
1. On the Kodi home page, click on the settings gear again.
2. Click on the Add-ons button.
3. Select Install from zip file.
4. A window will pop up. From the list, select CastagnaIT.
5. Click on kodi-repos.
6. After that, click on english.
7. From the list, select the option that says repository.castagnait-1.0.0.zip.
Note: You may see different numbers before .zip. There’s nothing to worry about. The numbers will change over time as the file version changes.
8. Wait a minute for a notification saying CastagnaIT Repository Add-on installed.
Congratulations, you have installed the CastagnaIT repository. In the third part, we’ll finally install the Netflix addon on Kodi.
Part 3: Install the Netflix Kodi Addon
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for. Without further ado, let’s install Netflix.
1. After installing the CastagnaIT repository in the previous step, you’ll automatically be sent to the Add-ons / Add-on browser screen.
2. From there, click Install from repository.
3. Select CastagnaIT Repository.
4. Click on Video add-ons.
5. Click on Netflix.
6. Now, you’ll see the installation page for the Netflix Kodi addon. Click on the Install button at the bottom right.
7. Select the top option to install the newest available version of the Netflix addon.
8. Click on the OK button to continue installing the Netflix addon.
9. Installation will begin. You’ll see a series of notifications for necessary addons that are being installed.
10. Wait for the notifications to stop. The last one should say Netflix Add-on installed or Netflix Background services started.
Finally, we are done installing the Netflix addon on the Kodi app. Now it’s time to watch some Netflix.
How to Watch Netflix on Kodi
Just like the true Netflix app, you have to set up the Netflix addon on Kodi the first time you use it. After that, you’ll be ready to start streaming.
So, I’ll show you how to set up Netflix on Kodi for the first time. Then we’ll take a look at the Netflix addon itself.
Setting up Netflix on Kodi
1. On Kodi’s home screen, scroll down the left panel and stop on Add-ons.
2. You’ll see Netflix under Video add-ons in the right panel. Click on it to run it.
3. On the first launch, you’ll be asked to enable an addon called inputstream.adapative. Click on Yes to proceed.
4. The Netflix addon for Kodi gives you two options to log in to your Netflix account: email and password, or authentication key. Click the E-mail/Password button.
5. Enter the email associated with your Netflix account and click on the OK button.
6. Type in the password for your Netflix account and click on the OK button.
7. Click on the OK button to continue. And after a few seconds, you’ll be logged in to your Netflix account.
Now we are ready to use the Netflix addon on Kodi.
Using Netflix on Kodi
Once you are signed in to your account on the Netflix addon, you’ll see your profiles.
Just like a typical Netflix app, you can choose any user profile.
Each profile lists a bunch of folders: My List, Continue Watching, New Releases, Trending Now, Recommendations, and more. When you select a folder, you’ll be shown content you can stream. For instance, click on the Top 10 folder to see the current top ten titles in your region.
To search for any content, scroll down and select Search. Then, select New search. You can search by term, audio language, subtitle language, and genre/subgenre ID.
Using the Netflix addon on Kodi is as simple as browsing the Netflix application or website. The main downside of the Netflix Kodi addon is that it’s not as visual. Otherwise, you’ll have no difficulty finding the content you want.
With Netflix on Kodi, you get to use Netflix to its full potential. From streaming 4k content to accessing multiple profiles and maintaining your content lists, you can do it all with the Kodi Netflix addon. If you unblock Netflix from other countries, check out our guide on using Netflix VPN.
If you run into any problems during installation, leave a comment and I will get back to you.
- How to Install Black Lightning Kodi Addon
- How to Install 4K Kodi Addon
- How to Install TVOne Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More