In this guide, I will show you how to set up and use Real-Debrid on Kodi and FireStick. Real Debrid works with most Kodi Addons and FireStick apps.
What is Real Debrid?
Real Debrid is a premium multi-hoster. In other words, it is a premium link provider.
Kodi addons fetch multiple streaming links for videos, such as films and episodes. In addition, most addons offer free links. However, the quality of free streams is usually not up to the mark.
The free ones are typically buffering-prone or offer low-resolution playback. Real Debrid is often considered the solution to this issue.
Real Debrid adds numerous high-quality links. With these links, you typically experience buffer-free streaming in high resolution (up to 4K.)
Also Read: A complete beginner’s guide to Kodi.
The same applies to the FireStick apps. While you may watch content using the free streaming links, they may not always be reliable. However, when you pair the supported apps with Real Debrid, your viewing experience enhances dramatically.
Read: Jailbreak FireStick for beginners.
The company promotes itself as the ‘Unrestricted Downloader’ that lets you optimize the download speed to the full potential of your Internet connection and gives you access to the premium links.
Note that Real Debrid is NOT an add-on; it is simply a multihoster that adds additional sources to your existing list.
For it to work, you must already have at least one of the supporting add-ons or FireStick apps. Thankfully, Real Debrid is compatible with numerous addons and apps.
If you are looking for new and working sources for full HD streaming, high-speed download, and want to fix Kodi buffering issues, you may want to try Real-Debrid.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
How to Set Up Real Debrid Account Online
First, we must sign up for Real Debrid services online and create an account.
Before you sign up with Real-Debrid, I want to tell you something that most people are unaware of. There is a misconception among users that when they use Real-Debrid, their streaming activities are private as everything comes through Real-Debrid servers.
- Email address Recording
- IP address recording and their approximate geolocations
- Exceptional disclosure of personal data
You must want to keep your streaming activity anonymous and avoid your details from getting into the hands of legal authorities. In that case, the only and best way is – to use a Kodi VPN.
I use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the most secure and fastest VPN for Kodi.
Now that you know the risk let me show you how to get a Real-Debrid account for Kodi.
#1. Visit https://real-debrid.com and click the ‘Sign Up’ button on the top right (also on the bottom right)
#2. The Sign-up form will appear. Enter the personal details as indicated and click the ‘Sign Up for free’ button
#3. You will now receive an email at the email address you provided above asking you to validate your account. Click the link to validate and activate the Real-Debrid account
#4. Now, go back to https://real-debrid.com and click the ‘Login’ button on the top right of the page. Log in with the credentials you created at the time of sign-up.
You have successfully created the Real Debrid account. You can now add Real Debrid to Kodi and start using the services. You can use the services for free. However, remember that you can access limited features with the free account.
The free account allows you to use Real-Debrid only between 6 AM and 12 PM Central European Time (5 AM to 11 AM GMT).
A big percentage of premium hosters are offline during the free-use Window (you may call it Happy Hours).
If you want to enjoy a full-featured Real Debrid service, you can buy one of the available premium plans—more on the premium membership below.
Real Debrid Premium Membership Features & Pricing
The developers of the Real-Debrid claim some of the following additional features and benefits with the premium account:
- Up to 300 Mbps of high-speed download and streaming
- Multiple downloads and streaming simultaneously
- Unlimited Traffic
- HTML 5 streaming without any plugins
- Ad-free experience and zero waiting time
- Plenty of new streams in full HD, HD, and SD quality
Real Debrid offers 4-tiered pricing with varying subscription duration and fidelity points. The pricing is in Euros. I have provided a rough estimate in USD as per the current exchange rate. Here is the list of the plans:
- 15 Days: 3 Eur ($3.70) and 150 fidelity points
- 30 Days: 4 Eur ($4.93) and 200 fidelity points
- 90 Days: 9 Eur ($11.09) and 450 fidelity points
- 180 Days: 16 Eur ($19.71) and 800 fidelity points
As per the Real-Debrid website, 90 Days plan is the most popular.
Fidelity points offer additional duration access to the services. For example, when you accumulate 1,000 fidelity points, you get 30 days of free access to premium services.
You can make the payment using all the major credit and debit cards. The picture below lists all the available payment modes.
Now that you have signed up for the services (whether free or premium), let us now learn how to use Real Debrid with Kodi.
How to Set Up Real Debrid on Kodi
Setting up Real-Debrid on Kodi is pretty straightforward. But, each step must be followed the right way. So, please read through this guide carefully.
Note: If you are a new Fire Stick user, here’s how to jailbreak FireStick and install Kodi on it.
Let’s get started!
1. Run Kodi on your device and open Settings (cog icon on the top left as in the image below).
2. Click System.
3. On the bottom left, next to the Cog icon, if it says Standard (or anything other than ‘Advanced’), then keep clicking until you see Advanced.
You should see Advanced here.
4. Now select Add-ons on the left sidebar (tap on touch devices or hover the mouse over on a computer).
5. Select Manage dependencies on the right.
6. Scroll down to the bottom and select ResolveURL.
Note: ResolveURL may not appear if you haven’t installed any addon yet.
7. Select Configure on the next screen.
8. Select Universal Resolvers 2 on the screen that pops up.
9. Click (Re)Authorize My Account in the Real-Debrid section.
10. You will now see a code on the screen (see image below). Go to real-debrid.com device and enter this code.
- The code cannot be copied and pasted. You will need to enter it manually
- You will need to be logged in to the Real-Debrid account (the one you created while signing up for the service) on the website to Authorize the services on Kodi
- This code is NOT case sensitive
11. This is what the authorization page at https://real-debrid.com/device will look like. Enter the code that popped up on Kodi. Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
12. Enter your Real Debrid account credentials to log in if required. If you are already logged in, skip to the next step.
13. You should see the Application allowed confirmation in your browser.
14. And this is what you will see on Kodi (top right) – A notification saying ‘ResolveURL Real-Debrid Resolver Authorized.’
This is how you add Real Debrid to Kodi. Now that it is done let me show you how to use Real-Debrid with Kodi. If you face any issues following any step, feel free to comment below.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Real-Debrid on Kodi
With most addons, you don’t need to do anything special or additional to use Kodi Real Debrid once you have signed up for the services and authorized it in the Kodi application.
It’s business as usual. Just open the movie or TV show you want to watch, and you will see several new streams added. Real-Debrid works with most of the content-providing addons, including the popular ones like Shadow, Odin, Asgard, and many more.
The two images below show the difference in the number of streams before and after adding Real Debrid to Kodi. We can see that there are many more streams with Real Debrid (the stream source from Real Debrid has ‘RD’ in it)
Before Real-Debrid on Kodi:
After Real-Debrid on Kodi:
What if Real-Debrid is Not Auto-Enabled
In most addons, Real Debrid is auto-enabled, and no additional change in the settings is required.
However, if you don’t see the RD streams listed with an addon, you will need to enable it. I am showing the example of the THX 1138 addon.
1. From the Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons > Video add-ons and open THX 1138.
2. Select Settings from the list.
3. Click Debrid on the left. On the right, ensure that Enable debrid service is enabled.
Now access the movie or TV show you want to watch. You will see the new streams from RD.
How to use Real Debrid with FireStick Apps
I assume you have already signed up for the Real Debrid premium account. If not, go to the Real-Debrid website and create your account.
Real Debrid is compatible with several third-party FireStick apps. Setting up Real Debrid on an app is relatively easier than setting it up on Kodi.
We will pair Real Debrid with the Cinema HD V2 app for demonstration purposes. However, the steps work more or less the same as the other compatible apps.
Here is how you do it:
1. Open the app you want to pair Real Debrid with. You will often find the Real Debrid option in the app Settings.
Following is the screenshot of Cinema HD where we will click the menu option in the top-left corner. Followed by Settings in the dropdown.
2. Click Account.
3. Click Login to Real-Debrid.
4. You should now see a window with a code.
5. Open the link real-debrid.com/device in a mobile or computer browser. Enter the code displayed on your TV.
You may need to sign in to your Real Debrid account if you aren’t already.
6. Return to the app on FireStick, where you will see that Real Debrid has been authorized.
7. Go ahead and start streaming. You will find various new links with “RD” that are identified as the Real Debrid links
This guide showed you how to set up Real Debrid with Kodi and FireStick. Real Debrid works with a wide range of Kodi addons and FireStick apps. Let us know if you have any questions through the comments section below.
- How to Sideload apps on FireStick
- How to Install Taz19 Kodi Addon
- How to Install Crew Wizard Kodi Builds
- Best FireStick Tips & Tricks
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More