This guide will show you how to install Antstream on FireStick. You can use the instructions below to install Antstream on all Amazon Fire TV products, including FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and FireStick Lite.
What Is Antstream?
Antstream is a game streaming app that hosts a variety of enjoyable online games like Commodore 64, Amiga, Arcade, Spectrum ZX, and many more. Antstream caters to all types of gamers with its vast selection of games, from those who like 80s and 90s retro games to Gen Z gamers.
Unlike other gaming apps, you don’t need to download a particular game to play it on the app. Instead, Antstream runs on remote servers, meaning data travels to and from your FireStick through a network connection. This means you effectively stream games instead of downloading them. The streaming system is what gives you immediate access to the hundreds of games available on this app.
The Antstream app’s interface is user-friendly and straightforward with a main menu and search function. Additionally, setting up this app is pretty simple.
Overall, the Antstream app is responsive, easy to use, and has many games that any avid gamer will enjoy.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Subscribe to Antstream
To play games on your FireStick using the Antstream app, you’ll need first to create a free user account. You can do that on the official Antstream website, or you can wait until the installation steps and you’ll have the chance to create your account. Downloading and installing Antstream is free.
The app is ad-supported, so you may encounter a few ads when playing games on the app. Upgrading to the premium ad-free version of the Antstream app will cost you €39.99 for a yearly subscription or €6.99 for a monthly subscription.
How To Install Antstream on FireStick
Antstream is a legal app available on the Amazon App Store. You don’t need to sideload the app or adjust any settings on your FireStick.
Installing Antstream on FireStick only takes a few simple steps. Here’s how to do it:
1. On your device’s home screen, go to the magnifying glass and click Search.
2. Type Antstream and click the search term when it appears below.
3. Select Antstream from the search results.
4. Click Get or Download.
5. After the download is complete, select Open.
You have successfully installed Antstream on FireStick.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How To Use Antstream on FireStick
After setting up Antstream on your FireStick, the next step is to relocate the app to your home screen. Relocating an app to your FireStick home screen helps you launch the app quickly instead of rummaging through your whole list of apps when you want to play games. Here’s a guide to relocating the Antstream app to your FireStick home screen.
1. You will see a Login prompt that you can use if you already made your account. If you don’t have an account yet, click on Create Account.
2. Enter your Email address and password, then click on Next.
3. Enter a Display Name, then click on Next again.
4. Click on Continue.
5. Check your email inbox for an Antstream verification email. Follow the instructions in the email to verify your account.
6. Go back to the Antstream app and select your Avatar.
7. When you launch the app, you’ll notice that Antstream has a straightforward interface with a main menu across the top of the screen. The interface is also controller-friendly if you prefer to navigate the app or play games using a gamepad.
8. You can view basic information about each game by selecting it. The information includes basic details about the game, challenges, scores, and other similar games. To add a particular game to your favorites list, tap on the game, then click on the star icon next to the play button.
Antstream has built-in challenges, achievements, and leaders for each game. The leaderboards track each game’s high scores so you can compete with other Antstream members for the top position.
9. The Challenge section in a game offers personalized high-score prompts like fighting as many enemies as possible while remaining with one life or getting a specific score without firing your weapon. Awards for passing certain challenge thresholds are bronze, silver, and gold medals, depending on the challenge level.
10. Games with challenge options have five levels. Only the beginner level is available to first-time players. You’ll need to complete the beginner-level challenges to advance to the next levels. The Antstream app also features a level system on your user profile.
If you need to attend to something else in the middle of a game, Antstream lets you save the game mid-action.
The best news is that the Antstream app is stable and reliable, and games run smoothly with minimal lagging. Game controls are even mapped to your keyboard or controller automatically, making gaming on this app even more convenient.
Remember, you only need to create a free user account and download the app to start playing games.
This article explained how to install Antstream on FireStick devices. If you are a fan of retro 80s and 90s games, then Antstream is the app for you. This app offers a vast library of over 1,000 games, a user-friendly and controller-compatible interface, and gaming challenges that any gaming fan will enjoy. Antstream has various useful functions, like the search icon and the favorites section.
Have you installed Antstream on your FireStick? Share your experience in the comment section.
- How to Install RetroArch on FireStick for Retro Gaming
- Best Games for Amazon FireStick and Fire TV Devices
- How to Install Twitch on FireStick in 2 Minutes
- How to Install Tiny Tunes on FireStick for Unlimited Music
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More