In this article, I will show you how to install fuboTV on FireStick, including FireStick 4K, FireStick 4K Max, FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube. fuboTV is a live TV service with a focus on sports content. It also offers plenty of entertainment and on-demand content.
What is Fubo TV?
The league of cord-cutters is rapidly expanding worldwide as more and more live TV services come into the picture. Live TV streaming is dramatically more evolved than it was only a couple of years ago. With the growing opportunities, the number of players providing live TV over the internet has also grown. There are plenty to pick from these days.
fuboTV is one of the better options. It launched in 2015 as a sports-centric streaming platform, especially focused on soccer. fuboTV retains much of its original flavor and is an excellent destination for sports lovers to stream live games and competitions.
That said, it has since expanded its offerings to include movies, TV shows, news, and other content. fuboTV offers over 200+ live TV channels, including popular options such as ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, AMC, and MTV.
There is a ton of sports content. fuboTV has many channels dedicated to NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, NASCAR, golf, tennis, boxing, European soccer leagues and tournaments, and more. Live sports aside, fans can also catch up with previews, reviews, analysis, highlights, replays, and sports documentaries.
fuboTV has several features to heighten your viewing experience. Select content is available in 4K resolution, which is great if you have a FireStick 4K or FireStick 4K Max. There is also playback for up to 72 hours and cloud DVR storage. fuboTV supports a wide variety of devices and operating systems. It is currently only available in the United States, Canada, and Spain.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Read: How to Install and Use Best VPN for FireStick
How to Watch fuboTV from Anywhere in the World
Like I just mentioned, fuboTV is available in the United States, Canada, and Spain. If you live in those regions, you’re all set to use fuboTV.
But if you live outside of those regions, you still don’t need to worry—you can easily watch fuboTV from anywhere in the world. All you need is a reliable VPN on FireStick.
A VPN bypasses geo-restrictions and lets you unblock the content on services like fuboTV. A VPN also encrypts your internet connection and protects your privacy, which helps you avoid internet throttling.
I personally use and highly recommend ExpressVPN as your VPN service. I have many years of experience with VPN services, and ExpressVPN offers the overall best and fastest services. It works on a wide range of platforms, including FireStick.
Use the steps below to sign up for ExpressVPN to unblock fuboTV, in addition making the internet more enjoyable and safer for yourself.
How to Sign Up for fuboTV for FireStick and Other Devices
The first thing you want to do is sign up for fuboTV. You will need to visit the official fuboTV official website for registration, as you cannot sign up through the FireStick app.
You can even create a free fuboTV that lasts 7 days. fuboTV does not bill you anything during the 7-day trial period. You are charged only after 7 days if you don’t cancel the service.
Below, I’ll show you how to create an account with fuboTV through the website. The screenshots below are from a computer browser, but you can also use a mobile device for registration.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Visit www.fubo.tv and click the START FREE TRIAL button.
2. You can sign up with your Facebook, Google, or Apple account. You can also sign up with an email address.
3. Choose your plan and click Start free trial.
4. On the next page, you may choose an addon if you like. Click CONTINUE TO LAST STEP.
5. Next, you’ll need to provide payment information. Then, click START WATCHING FUBOTV on the right.
Note: During the card authorization process, you will be charged $1, which is refunded once your card is verified.
How to Install fuboTV on FireStick
This is easy! fuboTV is officially available on the Amazon Store. Let me show you how to download the app on FireStick.
1. Power up your FireStick, and on the home screen, go to Find and then Search.
2. Type in fuboTV to search for it. After you have typed the first few letters, you will see Fubo Tv in the search suggestions below the keyboard. Highlight Fubo Tv and select it.
3. Click the fuboTV icon as shown in the image below.
4. Click the Download or Get button to download and install the app.
5. Wait for it to download and then install.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app right away. If you want to run the app later, you will find it in Your Apps & Channels.
Fubo TV is now installed on your FireStick.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Set Up fuboTV on FireStick
fuboTV has a simple, self-explanatory interface. I am going to take you through the main features and options of the app.
1. When you run the app for the first time, you should see the following login screen. Click Sign In
2. You should see a code on your TV. Go to fubo.tv/connect on your phone or computer, log in if you need to, and then enter the code. Alternatively, you may click SIGN IN WITH EMAIL at the top to sign in directly on your FireStick, but using a code is usually easier.
3. On this screen, choose a profile if you created one. If you did not, you will see the default one named My Profile. You may also click Add Profile to create one, or choose MANAGE PROFILES to modify the existing one. Your profiles can be managed via the fubo.tv website instead if you find that more convenient.
4. You may now choose your favorite channels and click CONTINUE.
5. Next, you can choose the shows you wish to record and click CONTINUE.
How to Use fuboTV on FireStick
This is the home screen of fuboTV on FireStick. To display the menu, navigate to MENU at the top.
The menu options are Home, Sports, Shows, Movies, Guide, and Recordings.
The Sports tab categorizes the content by sport: All Sports, Soccer, Football, Basketball, and more (just about every sport you can think of).
Click any category to view the schedule of current events, upcoming events, and recordings of past events.
The Shows tab is where you can find the list of available on-demand shows and when new episodes will air.
Click the Movies tab to check out the movies available on fuboTV.
In the Guide section, you will find the program guide for all the live TV channels fuboTV offers.
Recordings is the last section. This tab shows the list of all your recorded and saved videos, as well as the amount of DVR storage you’ve used.
How to Cancel Your fuboTV Subscription
If you don’t want to be charged after the 7-day trial or if you want to cancel your fuboTV account for any other reason, you can do so on the website just as easily as you signed up.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to fubo.tv on your phone or computer and log in to your account.
2. Click or tap the drop-down arrow on the top right of the screen, right next to your name.
3. Select My Account from the drop-down menu.
4. On the next screen, click Subscription & Billing.
5. Find and select Cancel Subscription at the bottom of the page.
6. Follow the simple onscreen instructions to cancel your account. You’ll know the process is complete when you receive a Confirmation Confirmed message.
From how to install fuboTV on FireStick to navigating the app, I showed you everything you could want to know about fuboTV. The service provides a lot of sports content, movies, shows, and more in one place. It lets you record programs and watch on the go on various devices. If you are a FireStick user, you will appreciate the fuboTV app for its well-organized, clutter-free interface and performance. Let me know what you think of the service in the comments below!
- How to Install DirecTV Stream (AT&T TV) on FireStick
- How to Install YouTube TV on FireStick
- How to Install Sling TV on FireStick
- How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More