In this tutorial, I will show you how to test the internet speed on FireStick. The methods used in this guide also work on Amazon Fire Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and other Fire TV devices. Also, the same method works for both Wired and Wi-Fi internet connections.
If you are experiencing buffering on FireStick, the internet connection speed is one of the first things you want to check. A slow Wi-Fi connection causes streaming issues.
Thankfully, there are easy ways to check your connection speed on FireStick / Fire TV Cube. That’s what we are going to talk about in this guide.
Note: You don’t require a 100 Mbps connection speed for smooth streaming on FireStick. Even if you stream in 4K UHD, 30-40 Mbps is a good enough speed.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to check internet speed on FireStick
You can check the internet speed on FireStick / Fire TV Cube using one of the following two methods:
- Method 1: By using the speed test app called Internet Speed Test.
- Method 2: By using a speed test app called Analiti.
- Method 3: By using a browser on FireStick.
Both methods deliver the same results and should not take more than a minute to determine the results. However, I feel that the browser method is more straightforward.
Method 1: Test Internet Speed with the Internet Speed Test App
The Internet Speed Test app for FireStick is one of the most reliable options for checking the internet speed. This app is available via the Amazon Store. Here are the steps:
1. From the home window of FireStick, select the Search > Find option.
Or, on the old FireStick interface, select the lens icon in the top-left corner
2. Type in the keywords like speed test. Click Speed Test in the search results.
3 Next, click the app Internet Speed Test.
4. Click Download or Get and wait for the app to install.
5. Click Open when the app has been installed.
6. Click the Start Test option.
7. Wait for the test results.
Method 2: Test Firestick Internet speed with Analiti
There is another speed test app you can use. It is called Analiti. You can download this app from the Amazon Store. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Search option again and search with the keywords like Analiti.
2. Click Analiti in the search results.
3. Click Download or Get, depending on what you see in the next window.
4. Once the app is installed, open it.
5. Click the detailed test option in the left menu. You will see the test results in a few seconds. The red indicates download speed, while the green represents upload speed.
Method 3: Test Firestick Internet Speed with a Browser
This is one of the easiest ways to check the speed of Fire TV Stick. However, it may not be completely reliable. The apps I have mentioned above are more reliable.
You can use the Silk browser to test the Internet speed. This browser comes preloaded with most FireStick devices these days. However, if your device doesn’t have the Silk browser, please follow the steps below to install it:
1. Again, click the Search > Find option.
2. Look up for the Silk browser.
3. Click the Internet icon on the window that follows next.
4. Go ahead and click Download or Get.
5. Open the browser once it is installed.
6. Click the address bar on the top.
7. Type on fast.com (this speed test website is powered by Netflix). Click Go.
8. Wait now! The webpage will start testing the speed automatically. Here is what the result will look like.
These are the methods you can use to test the internet speed on FireStick, Fire TV Cube, and FireStick 4K. A slow internet connection could be the reason behind Fire TV Stick buffering issues. If your connection is slow, you can look for relevant solutions – such as contacting your ISP or maybe even changing the broadband plan. If you think your ISP is throttling the speed, you can bypass the ISP tracking with the help of a good FireStick VPN.
- How to Jailbreak a Firestick
- Best Fire Stick Apps
- How to install Oreo TV on Firestick
- How to install Cyberflix TV APK
Suberboost Your FireStick with My Free Guide
Stay Ahead: Weekly Insights on the Latest in Free Streaming!
No spam, ever. Unsubscribe anytime.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More