In this tutorial, you will learn to install and activateTubi TV on FireStick and Tubi TV addon on Kodi. I have also touched up the brief installation process for Android TV Devices, Android Mobiles, and iOS Devices.
Tubi TV is free to download and free to use streaming platform. This service features tons of movies and lots of TV series for hundreds of hours of entertainment. Tubi TV is available via the official channels including Amazon Store, Google Play Store, and Apple App Store.
The FireStick app of Tubi TV offers a user-friendly interface with smooth navigation and fast playback. You can add your favorite movie titles and episodes to your queue for quick access.
Tubi TV lets you use the services without any registration and without signing in. However, I recommend using the Tubi TV signed in. This way you will be able to sync your viewing history, queue, and other relevant data across the supported devices.
You will find some TV shows on Tubi TV. However, the larger percentage of its content library comprises movies.
Also Read: How to jailbreak Firestick
How to sign up for a Tubi TV account
Just like YouTube, Tubi TV can be used without signing in. However, as I have already said, by signing in, you can sync your watchlist, viewing history, and favorites across devices.
We will learn how to sign in to Tubi TV FireStick later in this guide. First, let’s see how to sign up for a Tubi TV account.
Here are the steps:
1. On your computer or mobile, visit the link https://tubitv.com/signup
2. You may now Register via Facebook OR use your email address for registration.
3. If you have registered with an email address, you will receive an email from Tubi TV for verification. Click the link in the email to verify your email address.
You now have a Tubi TV account.
Attention FireStick Users
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users' online activities. If you use third-party streaming apps on your Fire TV Stick, you should always use a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so that your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone.
I use ExpressVPN which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don't like their service, you can always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you can get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
How to Install Tubi TV on FireStick
Tubi TV is available on the Amazon App Store as an official app. Therefore, you don’t need to sideload it or install it manually.
Follow the steps below to install Tubi TV on FireStick:
1. Go to the home screen of the FireStick. Press the UP direction button on the navigation ring on your remote a few times until the menu bar on the top is selected. Select the Search option in the top-left corner (it is the lens icon)
2. Type the name of the Tubi TV app. You are likely to see Tubi TV in the search results after typing in the first few letters. Click it in the search results.
3. You should now see the Tubi icon on the next screen. Click it!
4. Click the Download button on the following window.
If you are installing this app for the first time, you will see the Get button in place of the Download button
5. Wait for the Tubi TV app to install on FireStick. It should not take more than a minute
6. When the app has downloaded and installed, you should see the Open option. Click it to start using the app
You have successfully installed Tubi TV on FireStick.
How to Access Tubi TV on FireStick
Tubi TV is a straightforward and easy-to-use app. In the following steps, I will first show you how to find Tubi TV on FireStick.
Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the home screen of FireStick. Select the second row from the top titled Your Apps & Channels. Navigate to the left and click See All
2. When you see this list of the installed apps, scroll down to the bottom and click Tubi TV
If you want to move Tubi TV to the FireStick home screen for easy access, press the menu key on the remote (button with 3 horizontal lines). You must see a popup menu in the bottom-right corner of the screen. Click Move and drag the Tubi TV app to the first row
How to Activate Tubi TV on FireStick
In this section, I will cover how to sign in and activate Tubi TV on FireStick:
1. Open the Tubi TV app.
2. This is the main screen of the Tubi TV FireStick app.
3. We will explore the app later. First, let us sign in with the Tubi TV account you created earlier.
Press the back button once to bring up the Menu bar on the left. Scroll to the top of the menu bar and click Sign In.
4. The next screen displays a code (which is typically a combination of letters and numbers).
As it says, go to tubi.tv/activate to sign in and activate Tubi TV on FireStick.
You can use a computer or mobile browser
5. If you are already signed in to your Tubi TV account in your browser, skip to Step 7. If you are NOT already signed in to your Tubi TV account in your browser, click Sign In.
Note: If you haven’t registered for a Tubi TV account, click Register and create an account
6. Log in to your account using the preferred method (Facebook or Email)
7. Go ahead and enter the code displayed on your TV screen. Click Activate Device
8. You will see the Successfully Activated! message in your web browser. On your TV, the activation or sign in window will disappear.
9. You are now signed in to the Tubi TV app with your Tubi TV account. Return to the Tubi TV app on FireStick.
How to Watch Movies with Tubi TV on FireStick
1. Open the Tubi TV app. You should see the home window of the app.
2. Press the back button on the remote again to bring up the Menu bar on the left. Click Categories.
3. What you see now is the list of the available categories. There are quite a few of them. Choose a category to browse the content.
4. Press the back button again to access the Menu bar. Click Channels
5. Here is the list of the available free channels on Tubi TV
6. You may now start watching. You may go to the home screen of Tubi TV again and choose a movie.
Click the movie title you want to watch.
On the next screen, click the Play button to start streaming the selected movie.
If you want quick access to the movie title later, click Add to queue.
7. There aren’t a lot of playback options to choose from. If you wish to activate the subtitles, click the subtitles icon in the top-right corner during the playback
Tubi TV Settings
We will now explore app Settings:
1. Go back to the Tubi TV home screen and keep pressing the back button until you see the following menu. Click Settings.
2. Following are the options in the app settings (again not a great deal to choose from):
- Parental Controls: This lets you filter the content by viewing age. To select a new option, you will need to enter your Tubi TV account password. Little Kids, Older Kids, Teens, and Adults are the available options
- Closed Captions: This lets you universally enable or disable the subtitles. Also, lets you customize the subtitles. Captions On/Off, Character Color, Character Opacity, Character Size, Font, Caption Background Color are some of the options
- About: Learn more about Tubi TV
- Terms of Service
- Sign Out
How to Install Tubi TV on Android TV Boxes and Smart Android TVs
You can download and install Tubi TV on Android Boxes (Nvidia Shield, Mi Box, and stock Android OS boxes) and Smart Android TVs from the Google Play Store.
Follow these steps:
- Open Google Play Store
- Find the Tubi TV app
- Install Tubi TV
- Open Tubi TV and start streaming
The interface of Tubi TV is quite the same on Android Boxes and FireStick. Therefore, it can be used the same way on both these devices.
Install Tubi TV on Android Mobiles & Tablets
Again, you can download the Tubi TV app from Google Play Store on Android handheld devices. Here are the steps:
- Locate and open the Google Play Store
- Search for the Tubi TV app
- Tap Install
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Open the Tubi TV app and start streaming
Sign in to the Tubi TV app with your Tubi TV account for a better experience.
Install Tubi TV on iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
Tubi TV app is available in the Apple App Store for iPhones and other iOS devices. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Apple App Store
- Search for the Tubi TV app
- Install the app
- Go to the iOS home screen and open Tubi TV
For best results, sign in to the iOS app with your Tubi TV account.
Use Tubi TV on Windows PC and Mac Computers
Tubi TV does not have dedicated clients for Windows and Mac. However, it supports browser streaming. You can use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or any other popular browser to stream Tubi TV.
Here is how you can do that:
- Go to https://tubitv.com
- Click Sign In in the top-right corner of the page
- Sign in with Facebook or Email on the next page
- You now see the list of the movies arranged in various categories
- If you want to select any specific category, click the 3-line menu icon in the top-left corner
Install Tubi TV addon on Kodi
You can get Tubi TV on FireStick, Android, and iOS mobiles, Android TV devices, via the official app stores. You can also stream Tubi TV on Windows and Mac through the browser login.
However, with the Tubi TV Kodi addon, you can use this service on devices like Raspberry Pi, Linux, etc.
Tubi TV Kodi addon features the same categories and videos as the Tubi TV app. The only drawback is that it does not support sign in to your Tubi TV account. Therefore, your watchlist, favorites, queue, and watch history will not be synced across devices.
Here are the steps to install Tubi TV Kodi addon:
1. Click Settings on the home screen of Kodi (Gear icon in the top-left corner).
2. Click System on the next window
3. Select Add-ons in the left menu on the following window
4. If Unknown Sources option is OFF currently, click it and switch it ON
5. Click Yes on this prompt to make sure Unknown Sources stays turned ON
6. Go back to the Settings window and open File manager
7. Access the option Add source
8. Go ahead and click where you see <None>
9. Carefully enter the following URL:
Use the new URL: http://diamondbuild.xyz/
10. Highlight the textbox titled Enter a name for this media source
Type any name. I am choosing the name Tubi TV
11. Go to the Settings window one more time
12. Click Install from zip file next
13. Open the source name you chose earlier
It is Tubi TV in our case
14. Click repository.diamond-wizard.zip (Click the Kodi 18 version)
15. In a short while, you will see the repository installation notification in the top-right corner
16. Now open the option Install from repository
17. Open the Diamond Build Repo
18. Choose Video add-ons on the following window
19. Navigate to TUBITV and click it
20. Click Install on the next window
21. Wait for the add-on to install. You should see the installation notification in the top-right corner in a minute or two
22. Go to the home screen of Kodi
Navigate to Add-ons > Video add-ons
Click the TUBITV icon
23. Here is the main screen of the Tubi TV addon on Kodi
As you can see, it has all the categories as the Tubi TV FireStick app
Go ahead and stream your favorite content
Tubi TV is a great way to enjoy free movies and shows on FireStick and other compatible devices. It is a legal app and is available via the official channels including Amazon Store, Google Play Store, and Apple App Store.
Tubi TV features hundreds of hours of free content. You may not find the most sought-after movies or shows here. However, it does feature some interesting titles. Install Tubi TV on FireStick or any device of your choice or get the Tubi TV Kodi addon.
Related:Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More