In this tutorial, I am providing detailed steps to download and install Typhoon TV APK on FireStick. It will also work on other Fire TV devices including Amazon Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick 4K.
Typhoon TV APK is a free streaming service with on-demand content. The app has a big line-up of movies and TV series. It features all the trending and popular videos.
This app is doing a fine job. It gets many quality links. It is easy to use. The app developers keep pushing new updates to make sure it remains stable and functional.
You can sort the content by various categories and genres in just a few easy clicks. Typhoon TV FireStick app also lets you filter the content by year. Real Debrid and Trakt integration are available allowing enhanced streaming experience.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users' online activities. If found streaming copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick, you could get into serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend you to get a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so that your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
I use ExpressVPN which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don't like their service, you can always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you can get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
How to install Typhoon TV on FireStick
To get started with the installation process of the Typhoon TV APK on FireStick, your security settings must allow third-party apps. In the steps below (Step 1 through 5), we will first allow the Apps from Unknown Sources and then start with the installation:
1. On the home screen of your FireStick, you will find the menu bar on the top. Go ahead and select Settings in the menu
2. Now you want to open My Fire TV
3. You should now be on this window. Click Developer Options
4. Go ahead and click Apps from Unknown Sources
5. You may dismiss this warning from FireStick by clicking Turn On
6. You now want to get back to the home screen of your FireStick
7. Select the search tool from the menu bar in the top-left corner
8. Search for the Downloader app and install it
9. Open the Downloader tool/app now
10. Click the URL field on this screen (image below)
11. Now type the URL from where we will download the Typhoon TV APK file on FireStick – firesticktricks.com/typ
12. Click GO
13. Let the APK download. It is a small file and therefore it will not take a lot of time (a minute maybe)
14. After downloading the APK file click the Install option on this prompt
This prompt automatically appears after the file download
15. When this message is displayed, it means Typhoon TV APK has been installed
The message says App installed
16. I say we open the app later. First, let us click DONE so that we may go back to the Downloader app and delete the APK file. You don’t need this file any longer because you have already installed the app
16. Now we click the Delete option on this dialog box
17. Delete again to finally remove the Typhoon TV APK file from the FireStick storage
You are all set to start using the Typhoon TV app on Amazon FireStick.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kind of streaming apps and is very easy-to-install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV / Stick and go to the “Search” option on the extreme left. Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results
Step 3: Click “Download” to install the ExpressVPN app for Fire TV / Stick.
Step 4: Open the app and enter your login credentials which you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click “Sign in”
Step 5: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to use Typhoon TV on FireStick
We cover the following in this section:
- How to access the app on FireStick
- How to use the app
How to access the Typhoon TV app
If you already know how to access the installed apps on FireStick, you may skip to the next part (How to use the app).
If you have 20 or fewer apps, you can access all of them from the home screen of FireStick. The second row called Your Apps & Channels has your installed apps (the first row is Recent). Just navigate this row left or right to find Typhoon TV FireStick app.
However, if you have more than 20 apps, you will need to expand the Your Apps & Channels section. Here is how you can do it:
- Select Your Apps & Channels category on the home screen
- Click See All, which is the first option when you start from the left
- This is what you see when this category is expanded. Go to the bottom and click the Typhoon TV app icon
- You can also move the app to the home screen. Press the menu key (with 3 horizontal lines) on your FireStick remote. Now click Move on your TV screen (popup in the bottom-right corner). Shift the app to the first or second row on the top
This is how you access any app including Typhoon TV APK on FireStick
How to use the Typhoon TV on Fire TV Stick
Launch the Typhoon TV app. If you see any prompts, choose the appropriate options to proceed
Click Allow on this prompt
You might see a prompt to update the app. If you do, I suggest you first install the updated version of the app. If you don’t, the prompt will keep coming back and it could be pretty irritating. Also, it is best to keep the app up to date.
On this Changelog window, click OK
Choose the default video player now (or you may choose later from the app Settings). There are three options:
- ExoPlayer (built-in)
- MX Player (recommended)
- VLC Player
Read the Disclaimer and click Accept to continue
You should see the main screen of the app
The default selection is TV Shows on the main screen. You will find the trending, popular TV series here.
If you want to watch movies, you may choose Movies in the app menu (we will get to it later)
Pick the TV series you want to watch, choose the season and episode. The app will fetch the streaming links. Click one of the links and start watching.
The app menu can be accessed by clicking the 3-line button in the top-left corner of the main screen
This is where you click Movies to view the movie titles on the main screen of the app
Favorites, TV Calendar, Downloads, and Settings are the other menu options
Let’s go back to the main screen. On the top, you will find an upside-down triangle symbol. It is the second option from the left after the 3-line menu.
This option brings up various categories in which you can sort the content. For instance, for TV Shows, the categories include Trending, Recently Updated, New Shows, Premieres, Airing Today, etc.
There are similar categories for Movies as well
There is a 3-dot menu item in the top-right corner as well. It lets you access app Settings, Typhoon TV website, their Facebook page and a couple of other things
Second from the right (and next to the 3-dot menu) is another upside-down, but striped triangle. This option lets you filter content by year
The star option gives quick access to the videos you have marked as your favorite
Then, there is the Search option (the lens button) that lets you find the movies and TV series by keywords such as name, artist, director, etc.
We now look at the app Settings options. You can access Settings from the 3-line menu in the top-left corner or the 3-dot menu in the top-left corner
There is a range of options in the app Settings. However, it is unlikely you will use all of them. Let me list the most used options. If you have any questions about any specific option, feel free to ask via the comments section below:
- Choose default player: As I said, you can change the default player here as well if you didn’t do it when you launched the app for the first time
- Show HD links only: If you want to filter out all other links and view only the HD links
- Trakt.tv: Sign in to your Trakt TV account and sync your viewing history and favorites across other Trakt compatible devices
- Choose default navigation: You will find this option in the User Interface If you would like the app to display Movies instead of TV Shows on the main screen after startup, you can change it here.
- Choose default category or genre (for TV Shows and Movies both): You can choose the category or genre by clicking the upside-down triangle. If you want to make any category/genre appear by default, here is where you can set it
- Real–Debrid: Sign in to your Real Debrid account for higher quality streams
Typhoon TV looks like a good option to watch movies and shows. It is a straightforward app with an easy to use interface. Presently, it is getting many quality streaming links too. The content collection is updated regularly with new releases. You can install Typhoon TV APK on FireStick using the sideloading method we have provided in this guide. If you have any questions or need any help, please let us know through the comments section below.
- How to Install CatMouse APK on FireStick
- How to Install Plex on FireStick and Android TV Box
- How to Install Mobdro on Amazon FireStick
- How to install UnlockMyTV APK on Fire Stick
Yes, it is, as long as you watch the videos that are copyright-free and available in the public domain. Streaming any content with copyright is likely to cause legal problems.
It is one of the best apps to watch Movies and Shows at this time if not the best. It has tons of content and currently it is pulling high-quality streams.
There can be many reasons for buffering on Typhoon TV. You should check out my detailed instructions on How to fix buffering on FireStick.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More