This guide explains how to install FOX Sports on FireStick. The steps outlined in this guide apply to Amazon Fire TV products such as Fire TV Stick 4K Max, FireStick Lite, Fire TV Cube, and FireStick 4K. Before we dive into the steps, let’s learn what features of the FOX Sports app are.
What Is FOX Sports?
Are you a sports fanatic passionate about live games, recaps, highlights, and sports documentaries? FOX Sports offers exclusive sports content such as live games, sports news, discussions, recaps, odds, scores, expert analysis, and press briefings.
The app lets you stream this content on any compatible internet-connected device, provided you have an active Pay TV subscription. It is the property of the FOX Corporation, and you can find it on popular app stores like Amazon App Store and Google Play Store.
Besides providing live TV and sports action, the app offers pay-per-view (PPV) and on-demand sports content. You can stream content from Fox Sports 1 (FS1), Fox Sports 2 (FS2), FOX Deportes, Big Ten Network, and FOX Soccer Plus. These channels have various sports activities, including motor racing, basketball, soccer, cricket, golf, and athletics.
Fox Sports is also part of our list of best apps for Amazon FireStick.
Some of the actions to stream on FOX Sports include:
- PBC Boxing
- College Football
- FIFA World Cup
- German Bundesliga
Installation of the app is free, but you need a paid TV subscription to watch content on the app. With an active Pay TV subscription, you can access sports reality TV shows, documentaries, live TV, pre-games and post-game coverage, press conferences, and sports personalities’ interviews.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
FOX Sports Overview
Here are a few reasons why the FOX Sports app is worth it:
- Provides TV listings up to seven days in advance
- Offers PPV and on-demand shows and events
- Personalizes your playlist according to your watchlist
- Brings pre-game and post-game shows, sports personality interviews, documentaries, and reality TV shows
- Provides odds, scores, recaps, and game previews
- Has a simple user interface
- Lets you stream content from multiple channels such as FS1, FS2, FOX Deportes, Big Ten Network, and FOX Soccer Plus.
How to Subscribe to FOX Sports
Even though the app is free to download on FireStick, you need an active Pay TV subscription to stream content. Follow these steps to sign up for a FOX Sports account:
1. Go to the official FOX Sports app website.
2. Click the Sign In button.
3. Choose Sign Up to create an account.
4. Enter your email address and create a password.
5. After creating an account and signing in, go to Account.
6. Click on TV Provider Sign In.
7. Select your TV provider or tap on I Dont Have a TV Provider.
8. If you pressed “I Don’t Have a TV Provider,” select a TV provider, sign up and pay for the subscription.
9. Conversely, sign in with the provider’s credentials if you have a TV provider.
How to Install FOX Sports on FireStick
FOX Sports is an official Amazon App Store app, and its installation is straightforward. Follow the procedure outlined below to download and install the app on FireStick:
1. Click Find.
2. Click the Search box.
3. Type FOX Sports using the FireStick remote and the on-screen keyboard. After that, click on FOX Sports on the suggested results.
4. Choose the FOX Sports tile.
5. Click Get to install the app.
6. After the installation is complete, click Open and start streaming your favorite content.
This is how you install Fox Sports on FireStick.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Use FOX Sports on FireStick
It’s advisable to create a shortcut on your FireStick home screen if you plan on using the app regularly.
Here’s the procedure on how to create home screen shortcuts.
Follow these steps to start streaming content on FOX Sports:
1. Open the FOX Sports app.
2. Go to Profile.
3. Select TV Provider Sign In.
4. An activation code appears on the TV screen.
5. Go to http://go.foxsports.com/ on your computer or mobile device’s browser. Enter the activation code and press Submit.
6. Enter the credentials sent by the TV provider on the FireStick sign-in prompt.
7. Start streaming your favorite content.
FOX Sports offers a wide range of sports-related content, from talk shows, live games, pre-game shows, interviews, and scores. The app has a simple user interface with straightforward navigation. Select the category you want to watch and start streaming content.
Is FOX Sports a Paid App?
No! The app is free to download from stores like Amazon App Store and Google Play Store. However, you need a Pay TV subscription to access sports live sports, talk shows, PPV, and on-demand content.
Can I Watch Live Sports on the FOX Sports App?
Yes, the app offers a wide range of sports content, including live games, highlights, news, talk shows, expert analysis, and interviews.
How Do I Activate the FOX Sports App on FireStick?
To activate the app on your FireStick, follow these steps:
- Open your browser. Type http://go.foxsports.com/ then click Enter
- Enter the code provided by your FireStick after clicking TV Provider Sign In
- You’ll receive sign-in credentials from the TV provider
- Enter the sign-in credentials and begin streaming content on the app
How Can I Watch FOX NFL Games on FireStick?
You can watch FOX NFL games on your FireStick through streaming on several apps. These apps include:
- FOX Sports
- NFL Official app
- And many others
How Do I Watch Live Sports on FireStick?
There are several ways to watch live sports on your FireStick. These include streaming the content through the following apps:
- FOX Sports
- ESPN +
- And many others.
The FOX Sports app for FireStick is an excellent app for sports lovers. It offers a wide range of sports content, including live games, news, scores, odds, recaps, documentaries, PPV, and on-demand shows. Did you install FOX Sports on your FireStick? Let us know how you feel about it in the comment box below.
- How to Watch VIPRow Sports on FireStick
- How to Install Wawa Sport TV on FireStick
- How to Install & Watch Sportsnet NOW on FireStick
- How to Install Barstool Sports on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More