In this tutorial, I will show you how to install and use Vudu on FireStick. The instructions in this guide work on all Fire TV devices, including FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, FireStick 2nd Gen, Fire TV Cube, and more.
Vudu is a US-based streaming service and online video store that lets you rent or buy digital copies of movies, shows, and other videos.
What sets Vudu apart from other streaming services is that you do not need to pay any monthly subscription fee. You pay only for what you watch.
It has a huge collection of movies and shows. You can either rent or buy a digital copy of the video. The prices vary depending upon the content and streaming quality (HD or SD).
Vudu also has a huge collection of ad-supported, free content. It has dozens of movies and shows in various genres.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Sign up for Vudu to use on FireStick and other Devices
To use the Vudu streaming service, you need to sign up and create an account. However, you wouldn’t have to buy any subscription plan during the sign-up. Vudu is a rental service and not a subscription-based service.
1. To sign up, go to the official website of Vudu.
2. On the signup page, provide the following information to create a new account:
- First Name
- Last Name
3. Click Sign Up to continue
Or, you can sign up with your Facebook or Walmart account as well if you have one.
3. Next, you are asked to provide the billing information. However, you don’t have to necessarily do it at this point. You can do it later.
You are not charged anything at this time. You are charged only when you make a purchase.
You can use a Credit card, PayPal, or Vudu Gift Card.
Enter your Billing Address and click Continue. To add the billing information later, click I’ll do this later.
How to Get Vudu on FireStick
This section is divided into three parts. Each section contains its own set of steps. Here is what we will do:
- Install the Downloader app
- Allow installation from Unknown Sources
- Install Vudu on FireStick using the Downloader app
Install the Downloader app
Even though Vudu is a legitimate service, it is not available to download through the Amazon App Store. Therefore, we sideload it onto our FireStick.
To sideload apps, you need the Downloader app. That’s why we are installing it first. Downloader is available on the Amazon Store.
To know more about the Downloader app, follow our guide on How to Sideload Apps on FireStick.
Here are the quick steps:
1. Select the option Find in the middle bar, on the home screen of FireStick as shown in the image below
Note: If you are still using the older version of FireStick OS, select the search option in the top-left corner
2. Click Search next
3. Look up the Downloader app using the on-screen keyboard
Click Downloader in the search results
Follow the onscreen instructions and install the Downloader app
Allow Installation from Unknown Sources
As I told you, Vudu is not available via the Amazon Store. It will be sideloaded.
When you sideload an app, you must allow the installation from Unknown Sources to the app which is sideloading. In our case, it is the Downloader app.
Follow the steps below:
1. Click the cog/gear icon in the middle bar (far right) on the FireStick home screen to open the Settings
Note: If you still have old FireStick OS, select Settings in the top menu bar
2. Click My Fire TV
3. Now open, Developer Options
4. Click the option Install unknown apps
Note: On older FireStick OS, click Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it on
5. Select the Downloader app from the list and turn it ON
This will allow the Downloader app to install Vudu on FireStick.
Install Vudu on FireStick
Follow the steps below to install Vudu APK on FireStick.
1. Hold down the Home key on your FireStick remote and click Apps on the popup window
2. Click the Downloader app and open it
3. Dismiss any prompts that are displayed (on the first run)
You should eventually see the following window (image below)
Click in the empty URL box
4. Type the following URL reviewdork.com
This is the website where the Vudu APK for FireStick is hosted
5. Scroll down and click the Vudu icon
6. Click Download Installation File next
7. Wait while the Vudu APK downloads on your FireStick. This could take a minute.
8. Click Install
9. Wait for the Vudu FireStick app to install. This will only take a few seconds.
10. Click Done when you see this window
We return to the Downloader app
11. Click Delete to remove the Vudu APK we downloaded earlier.
You have already installed the app. The file is of no use. Deleting it would save space on your device.
12. Click Delete again.
You have successfully installed Vudu on FireStick.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Access and Use Vudu on FireStick
To access Vudu or any other installed app on Amazon FireStick, click the 3-dot icon in the middle bar on the home screen (image below)
Or, simply hold down the Home key on your FireStick remote until you see the following popup. Now, click Apps
Navigate to and select the Vudu icon. Click to open the app.
If you want quick access to Vudu on FireStick, you may move it to the home screen.
Press the 3-line menu button on the remote. Click Move on the popup window on the right
Now, use your remote navigation buttons to drop the Vudu icon anywhere in the top row. This will make sure it appears on the home screen.
This is how the Vudu app looks like when you open it the first time
If you haven’t signed up yet, click Sign Up or use the browser method provided earlier in this guide.
To start using the app, click Sign in
Note: You may click Browse to explore the app and view the content. However, you will need to sign up and sign in eventually to stream.
You may now login either with your Vudu Account or Walmart.com Account.
Enter your account details and click Continue
You should now see this prompt. Click Browse Vudu
This is how the home screen of the Vudu FireStick app looks like
You can see the various categories on the left, including My Vudu, Home, Fee, Deals, TV, Movie Genres, TV Genres, and more
The following image shows how the Movie Genres and TV Genres sections look like
You may pick a category and browse the content
You can start watching now. However, remember that you will need to add your billing info before making any purchases.
How to watch Vudu in a Web Browser on FireStick
Vudu offers plenty of free content. However, for some reason, the complete library of free movies and shows is not available on the Vudu FireStick app. Therefore, if you want to explore and watch it all, you can access Vudu via a web browser on your FireStick.
You can use any available browser you like – such as Amazon Silk or Firefox.
I prefer Silk. So, that’s what we will use here.
1. Select Find > Search on the FireStick home screen
2. Search for Amazon Silk Browser and click it in the search results
3. Click Internet tile on the following screen
4. Click Download or Get on the next window
5. Open the Amazon Silk Browser
6. Click the address bar on the top
7. Type in Vudu.com and click GO
8. Click the 3-line button in the top-left corner
9. Click Sign In on the popup menu. Follow the on-page instructions to sign in to your Vudu account.
10. You may now start exploring and streaming.
To access the ‘Free’ content, click the 3-line menu again in the top-left corner and click Free in the pop-up menu
11. Select one of the available options within the Free category (such as View All Free Movies & TV, Movies, TV, New, Family & Kids, etc.)
Follow the steps above to install Vudu on FireStick. However, before you do that, do not forget to sign up for the service. Also, in order to watch paid content, you must provide your billing information during or after the signup. Vudu also offers plenty of free.
- How to Install & Activate NBC on FireStick
- How to Install Peacock TV APK on FireStick
- How to Install Disney Plus on FireStick
- How to Install HBO Max on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More