In this guide, I will demonstrate how to install the Black and White Movies Kodi addon. Please keep reading to learn about the installation of Black and White Movies, whether it is legal and safe, and everything in between. Also, the installation steps covered in the piece are relevant for all devices compatible with Kodi, like PCs, Nvidia Shields, FireSticks, Macs, and more.
What is Black and White Movies Kodi Addon?
Black and White Movies Kodi is an addon offered by Diggz Repository. It is the hub for all the black-and-white pre-1940s movies, taking you back to simpler times. It is a straightforward addon. Inside, you’ll find separate categories of movies in folders like Action, Animation, Romance, Mystery, sci-fi, and more.
The addon uses one-click play technology, so you don’t waste time trying out different links. Also, it doesn’t feature any settings to integrate premium accounts, so everything is free!
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is Black and White Movies Addon Safe & Legal?
Speaking of safety first, Black and White Movies belongs to the Diggz Repository. It’s a third-party addon, so it’s almost impossible to figure out its true safety status. We, at FST, don’t have the tools and resources to verify the safety of the addon.
However, I did a quick virus test on the zip file of the Diggz Repository. And it turned out to be quite convincing—see yourself:
Regarding legality, Black and White Movies doesn’t host any content. But as we don’t know about the legal status of the content it scrapes from the internet, the question remains. At FST, we don’t have the proper tools to analyze and inform you about the safety and legality status of Black and White Movies. However, I recommend using ExpressVPN to stay safe while streaming.
How to Install Black and White Movies Kodi Addon
Finally, the time has come! I’ll walk you through the steps to install the Black and White Movies Kodi addon. But to make your installation journey a bit easier, I have divided the section into three parts. This way, you won’t get overwhelmed. So, let’s figure out how to install the Black and White Movies addon.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
On Kodi, you aren’t allowed to install repositories or addons from unverified sources. Kodi only loads addons from the official Kodi repository. But as the Black and White Movies addon is available on an unverified repository, we are responsible for enabling Kodi to accept unknown sources. Here’s the process to turn on unknown sources on Kodi:
1. Choose Settings Cog on Kodi’s home screen.
2. On the Settings screen, choose the System option.
3. Inside the System page, scroll down and choose the Add-ons tab.
4. Enable Unknown sources on your screen’s right-hand side.
5. Read the warning message by Kodi and click Yes to move ahead.
6. To update all add-ons automatically, select the -Update official add-ons from option.
7. Choose Any repositories when the Update official add-ons from dialogue appear on your screen.
Part 2: Install The Repository With Black and White Movies
Now, you can load any repository or addon made for Kodi from the internet. This part will teach you to load the repository that hosts the Black and White Movies addon, Diggz Repository. The reason behind installing the Diggz Repository is to access the Black and White Movies addon.
1. Select the Cog icon under Kodi’s logo on your Kodi app home page.
2. Launch the File manager option.
3. Inside File Manager, fire up the Add source option.
Note: Users who cannot find the Add source option on the top due to multiple loaded sources must scroll down to the end of the list.
4. Press the <None> option when the Add file source dialogue appears on your screen.
5. A pop-up window will ask you to enter the path; type in https://diggz1.me/diggzrepo/. After that, select OK to save the changes.
Note: The above URL is the official website of Diggz Repository. I have just added it so you can load it on your Kodi app. By any means, FST isn’t connected with the repo.
6. Now it’s time to set a name for the source; choose the input placeholder under the Enter a name for this media source heading.
7. Choose a simple name like diggzrepo and click OK.
Note: You can type in any name you like, but I recommend choosing something simple like diggzrepo.
8. Check your changes and press OK to save and exit.
9. If you did everything correctly, you’d see the name of the repo on the list on your screen’s left/right side.
10. Return to the Settings screen and open the Add-ons folder.
11. From the list, pick the Install from zip file option.
12. Kodi will issue a warning message to you on Kodi 19. Press Yes to get past it. The warning doesn’t appear on Kodi 20.
13. Kodi will welcome you with the Install from zip file dialogue box. Inside it, choose the source name you set in Step 7. In my case, the name is diggzrepo.
14. Now, choose the zip file that goes by Diggz_Repo.zip.
15. Kodi will take some seconds to install the repo. Once done, a notification will appear – Diggz Repository Add-on installed.
Part 3: Install Black and White Movies
Congratulations! We have cleared past all the prerequisites to load the Black and White Movies Kodi addon. Here are the final steps to install Black and White Movies:
1. Stay on Add-ons and choose the Install from repository option.
2. Explore the Diggz Repository.
3. Open the Video add-ons section.
4. Locate the Black and White Movies addon from the list and open it.
5. Wait for the Black and White Movies dashboard to appear, then choose the Install option.
6. Some additional add-ons will also install with Black and White Movies; click OK to give the green light.
7. Let Kodi download the necessary files of Black and White Movies. And then install them. Once everything is done, Kodi will send you a message – the Black and White Movies add-on installed.
Hurray! Black & White Movies Kodi addon is now available to serve you with cult classic content.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Black and White Movies Kodi Addon
Let us have a look at how to use Black and White Movies Kodi Addon.
Open the Add-ons tab available on the Kodi home screen.
On the Video add-ons tab, open Black and White Movies.
Open the Black and White Movies folder on the addon’s home screen.
You’ll see content divided into fourteen categories/sub-folders:
- Action Movies
- Adventure Movies
- Christmas Movies
- Classic Movies
- Comedy Movies
- Drama Movies
- Horror Movies
- Mystery Movies
- Romance Movies
- Sci-fi Movies
- War Movies
- Western Movies
Choose a sub-section. I’m selecting Action Movies.
A variety of movies will be available for you to watch for free.
Let’s browse Animations.
Lastly, let’s explore one more section: Drama Movies.
This folder is filled with tons of black-and-white drama movies.
Before I conclude, here are some top Black and White Movies Kodi addon FAQs:
Can I connect Real Debrid with Black and White movies?
No! Black and White movies The addon doesn’t support premium services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, etc.
Is the Black and White Movies Addon paid?
No way! All the movies available on the Black and White Kodi addon are scraped from sources available freely on the internet.
Can I download content using the Black and White Movies Addon?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The Black and White Movies Kodi addon only supports streaming; you can’t download anything.
There you have it. I hope this article helped you install and use the Black and White Movies Kodi addon. Also, it addressed some serious concerns along with some frequently asked questions.
- How to Install Homelander Kodi Addon
- How to Install SubsMovies Club Kodi Addon for Unlimited Movies
- How to Install Wutu Kodi Addon for Tons of Movies & Shows
- How to Install Fido K19 Kodi Addon for Unlimited Movies & Shows
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More