In this guide, I will take you through the installation instructions for Cinema APK on FireStick. This method works on all Amazon Fire TV devices, including FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, 4K Max, and even Fire TV Cube. I also include instructions to install Cinema HD on Android TV, Smartphones, and PC.
What Is Cinema HD APK?
Cinema HD APK is a great app to watch on-demand content on FireStick and other Android devices. It is one of the most popular third-party apps for FireStick.
The app has an extensive library of movies and TV shows. This means Cinema HD will never let you run out of streaming options. It is a perfect app to binge-watch your favorite episodes and movies.
The app has a simple, minimal yet functional interface. It has almost all the movies and episodes you want to watch. So let’s now learn to install Cinema HD APK on FireStick.
Note: The new version of Cinema HD (2.4.1) is out after more than a year. The latest version 2.4.1 seems to be unstable. Therefore, I will show you how to download the stable version 2.4.0.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Read: How to Install and Use Best VPN for FireStick
Is Cinema HD Safe & Legal?
Cinema HD APK is one of the most widely used FireStic apps. However, FireStickTricks cannot guarantee its safety since it is a third-party service.
I scanned the original source URL with VirusTotal (an online antivirus service). VirusTotal did not find anything suspicious about it. Here is the copy of the scan result:
FireStickTricks.com cannot verify if Cinema HD is legal. Millions are using the app in dozens of countries. We cannot ascertain if it obtained the appropriate licenses to distribute the movies and shows.
We recommend using ExpressVPN with Cinema HD to avoid any legal trouble.
How to Install Cinema HD APK on FireStick
We will follow the instructions to sideload the Cinema HD APK on FireStick. When we sideload an app, it means the app is not present in the Amazon Store.
The very first thing you want to do is install the Downloader app on your device. You need the Downloader app to sideload apps on Fire Stick. Unfortunately, you can’t download the APK directly from a browser.
Then, to install apps with Downloader, we need to make a small change in the security settings of FireStick.
Here we go:
1. From the FireStick home screen, go to Find > Search.
2. Search for the Downloader app. Select it in the search results and click on Get or Download to install it on your device.
3. Now click Settings (the gear icon) on the far right of the home screen.
4. Click My Fire TV.
5. Next, choose Developer options.
If this option is not visible, follow the guide on how to enable Developer Options on FireStick.
6. Click Install unknown apps.
Note: If you are still using the old version of FireStick, click Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON. You can skip step 7 below.
7. Turn ON the option for Downloader.
The security part of the FireStick device setup is taken care of. We can now get started with the core installation instructions.
8. Now open the Downloader app. You will notice that it launches with the Home tab selected by default. Navigate to the Input field on the right and click it.
9. The window that pops up allows you to enter the source URL of the APK using the on-screen keyboard.
Enter firesticktricks.com/cinema to download the APK file for Cinema HD and click GO.
10. The following window will display the Downloader connecting to the server. The window after that will show it downloading the Cinema HD APK file onto your FireStick device. Let the download complete.
11. The installation will initiate on its own. Click INSTALL.
12. Your FireStick will begin installing the Cinema HD app from the downloaded APK file. Give the process a few seconds.
13. When your FireStick has finally installed the Cinema HD app, it will notify you with the following window. You can click OPEN and launch Cinema HD on your FireStick right from this window if you want. I recommend clicking DONE.
14. Clicking DONE in the previous step takes you to the Downloader app, where you will see the following prompt. Highlight Delete using your remote and click it. We want to delete the Cinema APK from FireStick because the file is of no use after the app installation is complete. Also, erasing the file will save you space in your FireStick’s storage.
15. Click Delete another time to delete the Cinema HD APK file finally.
You have successfully installed Cinema HD APK on FireStick. You can now open and start using the app.
However, before you start streaming, I want to warn you that everything you stream on Cinema HD APK is visible to your ISP and Government. Streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can easily prevent any legal trouble by connecting to a VPN. A VPN encrypts your streaming activities, and no one will know what you are watching.
I recommend ExpressVPN because it uses military-grade technology to encrypt and protect your connection. It is also the fastest VPN – something you would want for streaming.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Use Cinema HD APK on FireStick
Cinema HD APK is a decent option for watching on-demand movies and shows.
Run the app, and when you do that the first time, a Changelog window welcomes you with certain details. Click OK to remove that window (and read the details if you want to).
You are now guided to the home screen of the Cinema app on FireStick. The layout of the app is relatively simple. Almost all of its screen, barring a small strip on the top, is filled with the icons of the video content. Home-screen, by default, displays the featured movie titles.
If you want to switch to TV Shows, click the hamburger menu on the top left and choose TV Shows. Besides TV Shows and Movies, the menu also has a shortcut to your Favorites and Downloads. It also has the option to connect Real-Debrid to the app.
To sort the content by category or genre, click the small, inverted triangle next to the hamburger menu on the top-left.
If you want to look up a movie or TV show by keyword, use the Search option on the far right on the top.
You can type the name of the movie, episode, director, actor, etc., to search for the video content.
Can’t find Cinema HD APK on the FireStick home screen? New apps do not get the spot on the main screen. But, you can always access them in Your Apps & Channels. You can also place a shortcut of Cinema HD on the home screen of your FireStick.
To get to your apps, just long-press the Home button on the FireStick remote and click Apps when the following window is displayed.
After selecting the app icon, you may press the menu button on your remote and click Move on the bottom left of the screen. This way, you can move the icon to the top row and make the app appear on your home screen.
How to Install Cinema HD on Android TV Box and Smartphones
Besides FireStick, you can stream movies and TV shows on Android smartphones and TV boxes through the Cinema HD APK. Unfortunately, since it’s a third-party application, we cannot download it through the Google Play Store. It’s worth mentioning that your Android mobile should run Android 4.0 or above operating system and must have at least 15 MB of free space.
Now we are all set for the installation process. Please note that although the steps vary slightly across devices, they are broadly similar.
1. Open a web browser on the device you wish to install Cinema HD. Then, go to firesticktricks.com/cinema in the browser.
2. A warning pop-up will be displayed at the bottom, asking you to confirm the download. Press OK.
3. Once you click the downloaded APK from the notification panel, you will get another warning dialogue box informing you that your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps.
4. Select the Settings option and turn on the toggle that says Allow from this source. Click OK.
7. Tap on INSTALL. Wait for a few seconds until the installation process is completed.
8. Congratulations! You have successfully installed Cinema APK on your Android device.
9. Once you launch the app, it will ask your permission to access photos, media, and files on your device. Click ALLOW. Now, you are all set to stream your favorite content.
I tried streaming some video content to check the app’s good.
How to Install Cinema HD APK on MacBook/Windows
If you are MacBook (Air or Pro) or Windows (11, 10, or 8.1) user, you need to install an Android Emulator to get the Cinema APK app running. Your options for Android Emulators are BlueStacks and NoxPlayer. I chose to go with the BlueStacks. That’s the one I’ll use in the demonstration below.
Follow the instructions below to install the Cinema HD APK on your MacBook/Windows computer.
1. Open your Internet browser and go to the official BlueStacks website.
2. Click Download BlueStacks.
3. Wait for the download to complete.
4. Once the download is completed, install BlueStacks 4 on your MacBook/Windows computer.
5. Then, download the Cinema HD APK here. We’ll install the Cinema HD app using the APK file in a moment, so remember the destination of the APK download.
6. Now, open BlueStacks and drag and drop the Cinema APK file on its interface. You may also use the APK Installer icon in the right panel.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Cinema APK.
I tried to stream some content, and it worked very well.
How to Update Cinema HD APK
The Cinema HD app has not been updated in over a year. However, you can update the app easily if you don’t have the last rolled-out version.
All you need to do is follow the installation instructions I have provided in this guide. Use the link firesticktricks.com/cinema. This link always points to the latest version of the app.
- DO NOT uninstall Cinema HD before updating.
- Follow the installation instructions with the updated APK this link points to.
- Cinema HD will update and keep your previous data intact (such as favorites, history, etc.)
Cinema APK is a third-party app with options to stream free movies and shows. This app may contain some copyrighted content, so it might not be entirely legal. However, cinema APK does not host any content of its own. It simply acts as an aggregator. As long as you are streaming content available in the public domain, the app is legal.
Cinema APK provides a great collection of Movies. It also keeps adding new content regularly. Moreover, the app is known to fetch many good-quality streaming links from various sources worldwide. Therefore, even if Cinema APK may not be the best app for movies, it is undoubtedly one of the best. You can also take a look at the popular Cinema APK alternatives.
You can download movies from Cinema APK by clicking the Download button. This button appears when you click the movie icon. However, I do not recommend downloading movies or shows on low-storage devices, such as FireStick. It may cause storage and buffering issues.
There are a couple of ways to fix buffering on Cinema APK. First, try deleting the app data or cache from FireStick Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Cinema APK.
You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. One great way to prevent buffering is using the Real Debrid premium link generator. Real Debrid gives you tons of high-quality links from fast servers and mitigates buffering.
Also, I have a great resource where I outlined all the possible reasons and solutions for buffering on Firestick.
Cinema HD APK for FireStick is one of my favorite apps. This app has decent-quality scrapers that fetch healthy, strong streaming links. And, when you integrate your Real-Debrid account with the app, you get even better options. So go ahead and give Cinema APK a try. This post demonstrated how to install Cinema HD APK on FireStick. Let me know if you have any questions through the comments section below.
- Troubleshoot — Cinema HD Not Working
- How to install TeaTV on FireStick
- How to install Strix APK
- How to install Cyberflix TV on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More