In this guide, I will take you through the installation instructions for Cinema APK (formerly called HDMovies) on FireStick. This method works on all Amazon Fire TV devices, including FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and even Fire TV Cube. I also include instructions to install Cinema HD on Android TV and Android TV boxes.
Cinema HD APK is a great app to watch on-demand content on FireStick and other Android devices. After the shutdown of Terrarium TV, everyone had been looking for a decent alternative for movies and shows. I discovered a bunch of apps, but only a handful appealed to me. Cinema HD is one of them. So, I have added this app to the top Terrarium TV alternatives and also compiled this detailed installation guide for FireStick.
Cinema HD APK was formerly called HDMovies and now it has been rebranded. The app has a pretty big library of movies and TV shows. This means Cinema HD will never let you run out of streaming options. It is a perfect app to binge-watch your favorite episodes and movies. The app has a simple, minimal yet functional interface. It has everything you need to look up for the videos you want to watch and get started. Let’s now learn to install Cinema HD APK on FireStick.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install Cinema HD APK on FireStick
We will now go through the instructions to sideload the Cinema HD APK on FireStick. When we sideload an app, it means the app is not present in the Amazon Store.
The very first thing you want to do is install the Downloader app on your device. You need the Downloader app to sideload apps on Fire Stick. You can’t download the APK directly from a browser.
Then, in order to install apps with Downloader, we need to make a small change in the security settings of FireStick.
Here we go:
1. From the FireStick home-screen, click Find in the middle bar.
Note: If you are still using the old version of FireStick, select the lens icon in the top-left corner.
2. Now click Search.
3. Search for the Downloader app. Select it in the search results and then click on Get or Download to install it on your device.
4. Now click Settings (the gear icon) on the far right of the home screen.
Note: If you are still using the old version of FireStick, select the Settings tab at the top-right.
5. Click My Fire TV.
6. Next, choose Developer options.
7. Click Install unknown apps.
Note: If you are still using the old version of FireStick, click Apps from Unknown Sources and turn it ON. You can skip step 8 below.
8. Turn ON the option for Downloader.
The security part of the FireStick device setup is taken care of. We can now get started with the core installation instructions.
9. Now open the Downloader app. You will notice that it launches with the Home tab selected by default. Navigate to the URL field on the right and click it.
10. The window that pops up allows you to enter the source URL of the APK using the on-screen keyboard. Enter https://www.firesticktricks.com/cinema to download the APK file for Cinema HD and click GO.
11. The next window will display Downloader connecting to the server. The window after that will show it downloading the Cinema HD APK file onto your FireStick device. Let the download complete.
12. The installation will initiate on its own. On the following screen, use your remote’s navigation keys to select the NEXT button at the bottom right (ignore this part if you don’t see NEXT). The NEXT button will be replaced by INSTALL. Click the INSTALL button.
13. Your FireStick will begin to install the Cinema HD app from the APK file you just downloaded. Give the process a couple of minutes.
14. When your FireStick has finally installed the Cinema HD app, you will be notified with the following window. If you want, you can click OPEN and launch Cinema HD on your FireStick right from this window. I recommend clicking DONE.
15. Clicking DONE in the previous step takes you to the Downloader app, where you will see the following prompt. Highlight Delete using your remote and click it. We want to delete the Cinema APK from FireStick because the file is of no use after the app installation is complete. Erasing the file will save you some space in your FireStick’s storage.
16. Click Delete another time to finally delete the Cinema HD APK file.
You have successfully installed Cinema HD APK on FireStick. You can now open and start using the app.
How to Install Cinema APK on Android TV Box and Smartphones
Besides on FireStick, you can stream movies and TV shows on Android smartphones and TV boxes through the Cinema HD APK. Since it’s a third-party application, we cannot download it through the Google Play Store. It’s worth mentioning that your Android mobile should run the operating system Android 4.0 or above and must have at least 15 MB of free space.
Now we are all set for the installation process.
1. Open a web browser on the device you wish to install Cinema HD on. Go to https://www.firesticktricks.com/cinema in the browser.
2. Now, a warning pop-up will be displayed at the bottom asking you to confirm the download. Press OK.
3. Once you click the downloaded APK from the notification panel, you will get another warning dialogue box informing you that your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps.
4. Select the Settings option and turn on the toggle that says Allow from this source. Click OK.
7. Tap on INSTALL. Wait for few seconds until the installation process is completed.
8. Congratulations! You have successfully installed Cinema APK on your Android device.
9. Once you launch the app, it will ask your permission to access photos, media, and files on your device. Click ALLOW. Now, you are all set to stream your favorite content.
I tried streaming a bit of video content to check how good the app is. Well, see for yourself!
How to Install Cinema APK on MacBook/Windows
If you are MacBook (Air or Pro) or Windows (10 or 8.1) user, you need to install an Android Emulator to get the Cinema APK app running. Your options for Android Emulators are BlueStacks and NoxPlayer. I chose to go with the BlueStacks 4, so that’s the one I’ll use in the demonstration below. (BlueStacks 4 is 635 MB, whereas the NoxPlayer is 661 MB.)
Follow the instructions below to install the Cinema HD APK on your MacBook/Windows computer.
1. Open your Internet browser and go to the official BlueStacks website.
2. Click Download BlueStacks 4.
3. Wait for the installation to complete. Since it is 635 MB, it may take several minutes depending on the speed of your internet.
4. Once the download is completed, install BlueStacks 4 on your MacBook/Windows computer.
5. Then, download the Cinema HD APK here. We’ll install the Cinema HD app using the APK file in a moment, so remember the destination of the APK download.
6. Now, open BlueStacks 4. Click LET’S GO on the welcome screen.
7. Since it’s an Android emulator, you need to sign in through your Gmail account. Enter your Gmail and click Next.
8. Now click the app drawer button in the bottom center, just above the black bar.
9. Select Settings.
10. Scroll down and select Import windows files in the section called BlueStacks Settings.
11. Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the Cinema HD APK file and select it.
12. Now, the APK will be imported into BlueStacks. Double-click it.
13. Click INSTALL.
14. Wait a few seconds until the installation is completed. Click OPEN if you want to stream immediately, or else click DONE.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Cinema APK.
I tried to stream some content and it worked very well.
However, before you start streaming, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Cinema HD APK is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN helps you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps including Cinema APK and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV / Stick and go to the “Search” option on the extreme left. Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results
Step 3: Click “Download” to install the ExpressVPN app for Fire TV / Stick.
Step 4: Open the app and enter your login credentials which you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click “Sign in”
Step 5: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Cinema HD APK: A Quick Look
Cinema HD APK is a decent option to watch on-demand movies and shows. It also serves as an alternative to Terrarium TV.
Run the app and when you do that the first time, a Changelog window welcomes you with certain details. Click OK and get rid of that window (and read the details if you want to).
You are now guided to the home-screen of the Cinema app on FireStick. The layout of the app is rather simple. Almost all its screen, barring a small strip on the top, is filled with the icons of the video content.
Home-screen, by default, displays the featured movie titles.
If you want to switch to TV Shows, click the hamburger menu on the top left and choose TV Shows.
Besides TV Shows and Movies, the menu also has a shortcut to your Favorites and Downloads. It also has the option to connect Real-Debrid to the app.
If you would like to sort the content by category or genre, click the small, inverted triangle next to the hamburger menu on the top-left.
If you want to look up for a movie or tv show by keyword, use the Search option on the far right on the top.
You can type the name of the movie, episode, director, actor, etc. to search the video content.
Can’t find Cinema HD APK on the FireStick home-screen? That’s because new apps do not get the spot on the main screen. But, you can always access them in Your Apps & Channels.
To get there, just long press the Home button on the FireStick remote and click Apps when the following window is displayed
After selecting the app icon, you may press the menu button on your remote and click Move on the bottom left of the screen. This way, you can move the icon to the top row and make the app appear on your home screen
How to Update Cinema HD APK
The Cinema HD app is updated on a regular basis in terms of fixing bugs and adding new high-quality streaming links. However, you have to check for the updates manually, since it’s a third-party app. For a smooth user experience, I recommend you check for updates at regular intervals. Here’s how you can check for updates. (Screenshots are from a smartphone.)
1. Click the hamburger icon in the top left.
2. Scroll down and select Check for updates.
3. Now, it will take you to Cinema HD’s official website, where you can check out the latest updates listed by the developers.
Cinema APK is a third-party app with options to stream free movies and shows. This app may contain some copyrighted content and hence it might not be entirely legal. Cinema APK does not host any content of its own. It simply acts as an aggregator. As long as you are streaming content available in the public domain, the app is legal.
Cinema APK provides a great collection of Movies. It also keeps adding new content regularly. The app is known to fetch lots of good quality streaming links from a range of sources worldwide. Therefore, even if Cinema APK may not be the best app for movies, it is certainly one of the best. You can also take a look at the popular Cinema APK alternatives.
You can download movies from Cinema APK by clicking the ‘Download’ button. This button appears when you click the movie icon. However, I do not recommend downloading movies or shows on low storage devices, such as FireStick. It may cause storage and buffering issues.
There are a couple of ways to fix buffering on Cinema APK. Try deleting the app data or cache from FireStick Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Cinema APK.
You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. One great way to prevent buffering is by using Real Debrid premium link generator. Real Debrid gives you tons of high-quality links from fast servers and mitigates buffering.
Also, I have a great resource where I outlined all the possible reasons and solutions for buffering on Firestick.
Cinema HD APK for FireStick is one of my favorite apps. Terrarium TV’s departure got us scurrying for such apps. Thankfully, there are apps like these that can still provide several hours of solid entertainment. This app has decent quality scrapers that fetch healthy, strong streaming links. And, when you integrate your Real-Debrid account with the app, you get even better options. Go ahead and give Cinema APK a try.
- Troubleshoot — Cinema HD Not Working
- How to install TeaTV on FireStick
- How to install Strix APK
- How to install Rokkr
- How to install Cyberflix TV on FireStick
Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More