This article shows how you can install the Homelander addon available on The Crew Repo. Instructions in the piece are valid for all the Kodi eligible devices like FireStick, Windows PC, Linux, Mac, Android phones, Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire TVs, and more. Note that I’m using FireStick Lite and Kodi 19.5 Matrix to demonstrate the installation.
What is Homelander?
Homelander is a renowned video addon for movies and shows. It is available on The Crew Repo.
Homelander is your one-stop shop to stream documentaries, trending movies, hot TV series, and more.
Homelander uses its top-notch scarpers to find your favorite movies and TV shows. The addon itself doesn’t host or own any content. You can also search for people on Homelander and find content relevant to them.
All-in-all, Homelander is one of the leading video add-ons in the third-party Kodi community – ideal for free streaming. We have added this addon to our collection of top Kodi addons.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Read: How to Install and Use the Best Kodi VPN
Is Homelander Safe & Legal?
Before you install Homelander, it’s important to learn whether it’s safe and legal.
On the safety side, my team at FST and I can’t coin a decision as we don’t have the appropriate resources to check Homelander’s security. Also, as it’s a third-party addon, you won’t find any satisfactory answer anywhere else.
However, I run a test on THE CREW REPO where Homelander is available and found no risks at all – here’s the proof:
The same goes for legality. Unfortunately, we can’t label Homelander legal or illegal as we don’t have the resources to check the legitimacy of content being streamed via Homelander.
That’s why I suggest you use a VPN service like ExpressVPN whenever you use Homelander. Your data will remain safe, and your tracks are covered if you accidentally stream anything illegal.
How to Install Homelander Kodi Addon
All third-party addons, including Homelander, require a little extra installation effort. But believe me when I say it’s worth it.
To install Homelaner, you must follow the steps I have split into three parts. Make sure to follow them in their drafted order to avoid any complications.
So, let’s dive in:
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
To install any third-party Kodi addon, repo, build, or wizard, you have to let Kodi allow unknown sources manually.
In this part, I’ll guide you on enabling unknown sources on Kodi so you can easily install the repository that comes with Homelander and the addon itself.
So, here’s how it breaks down:
1. On the Kodi home screen, select the Settings Cog icon on your screen’s top left.
2. Open the System tile.
3. Scroll down to the Add-ons tab on the left-hand side of your screen.
4. Turn on Unknown sources on the right side of your screen.
5. Kodi will issue you a warning pop-up; click Yes to continue.
6. If you use Kodi 19 Matrix, third-party addons will not update automatically. To fix it, select the -Update official add-ons from.
7. Select Any repositories.
Note: On Kodi 18 Matrix, all repos and addons get updated automatically, but on Kodi 19 Matrix, you have to enable the option explicitly.
Part 2: Install The Repository With Homelander
The Crew Repository, one of the most vintage repositories in the Kodi community, hosts the Homelander addon.
To install Homelander, we’ll first have to load The Crew Repository on our Kodi app.
So, here’s how to install The Crew Repo on your Kodi app:
1. Select the Settings Gear icon on your Kodi home screen.
2. Select File manager.
3. Choose Add source.
Note: You’ll find add source option at the end of the list if you have added multiple sources.
4. Select <None> when the Add file source window appears on your screen.
5. Enter the official URL of The Crew Repository https://team-crew.github.io and click on the OK button.
Note: I have just provided the official link to The Crew Repository. At www.firesticktricks.com, we aren’t affiliated with any Kodi repo, addon, etc.
6. To set a name for the source, select the input box under Enter a name for this media source.
7. Enter The Crew as the repo name and click on the OK button to save it.
Note: You can set a different name, but I recommend something simple and easy to remeber, like The Crew.
8. Double-check everything and click the OK button to save the changes.
9. Go one step back to the Kodi settings page and select Add-ons.
10. Select Install from zip file.
11. You’ll receive a warning sign from Kodi regarding the automatic updates of third-party addons; click Yes to continue.
12. Install from zip file window will appear on your screen; select the name of the repo you have set. In my case, it’s The Crew.
13. Click repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip.
14. Once the repo is installed, you’ll receive a notification – THE CREW REPO Add-on installed.
Part 3: Install Homelander
Finally, we are past all the pre-requisites to install the Homelander Kodi addon.
Here’s how the install Homelander using THE CREW REPO:
1. Select Install from repository on the same Add-ons page.
2. Pick THE CREW REPO from the repository list.
3. Scroll down and select Video add-ons.
4. Pick Homelander from the list of video add-ons.
5. Click on the Install button when the dashboard of Homelander appears on your screen.
6. Select OK to confirm the installation of additional add-ons with Homelander.
7. Wait for Kodi to download and install Homelander.
8. Once Homelander is installed, you’ll receive a notification – Homelander Add-on installed.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the famous Homelander addon available on THE CREW REPO.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Homelander Kodi Addon
Here’s a brief overview and walkthrough of how to use the Homelander Kodi addon.
Go to the Kodi home screen, scroll down to the Add-ons tab and open it.
On the Video add-ons tab, open Homelander.
You’ll land on the home screen of Homelander and come across the following sections:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
To watch your favorite movies, open the Movies section.
Inside it, you’ll find sub-folders like genres, years, most popular, featured, decade, and more.
Pick a sub-folder to find the relevant movie content inside it.
To browse your favorite TV series, open the TV Shows section.
Inside, you’ll come across the same sub-folders as in the Movies section. Choose a sub-folder to browse the relevant TV shows content.
Homelander comes with many useful settings; select Tools on the main screen to access them.
Inside, you’ll see options like changelog, scrapers, library, view types, and more.
Lastly, Homelander lets you search for any movie, TV show, or person. Select Search at the end of the list.
Pick the appropriate option to search for a movie, TV show, or person.
How to Set Up Real Debrid with Homelander Kodi Adddon
Homelander features free sources to let you stream your favorite movies and TV shows. However, the quality of free links can sometimes leave you in the middle of nowhere.
Therefore, I recommend setting up your Real Debrid account with Homelander to get a world-class streaming experience.
Are you unaware of Real Debrid? Don’t worry! Here’s our detailed guide on Real Debrid.
To purchase the Real Debrid subscription, visit the official website of Real Debrid.
All set and done? Here’s how to connect your Real Debrid account with Homelander:
1. Open the Tools section on the Homelander home screen.
2. Select ResolveURL : Settings.
3. Choose the Universal Resolvers 2 tab when the Settings – ResolveURL window pops up.
4. Select (Re)Authorise My Account on the right-hand side.
5. Visit https://real-debrid.com/device on any web browser using your smart device. Then, enter the code on your screen.
Note: You’ll be asked to sign into your Real Debrid account if you haven’t already.
6. Once authorized, you’ll receive a notification – ResolveURL Real-Debrid Resolver Authorised.
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated your Real Debrid account with Homelander.
This post outlined how to install Homelander addon on Kodi. This addon offers tons of movies, shows, and more.
- How to Install No One Kodi Addon
- How to Install The Crew Kodi Addon
- How to Install Stream Digital Wizard Kodi Builds
- How to Install the Crew Wizard Kodi Builds
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More