In this walkthrough, I will introduce you to Dream TV on FireStick and show you how to install this app in quick and easy steps. The same steps will also work for other Fire TV devices including FireStick 4K and Fire TV Cube.
Dream TV is a relatively new app in the APK world. This app lets you watch Movies and TV Shows. You may also find some documentaries in this app. Since the app is new, it is yet to be time tested. However, so far it looks promising to me.
The app has a well organized and sufficiently large library of video content. It is also regularly updated with the new releases. Dream TV usually fetches good quality streams. However, you may not find a lot of streams. Also, sometimes certain streams do not work. It’s safe to say that the app is still a work in progress. Yet, there are plenty of options for hours of entertainment.
Dream TV enhances your streaming experience with support for third-party services like Trakt and Real-Debrid.
If you have been missing Terrarium TV and looking for Terrarium TV alternatives, give this app a shot.
How to Install Dream TV on FireStick
Any app that is not from the Amazon Store is considered as an app from the unknown source. Your FireStick has a default security system, which prevents installation of these apps. Dream TV and other such streaming apps are not available on the Amazon Store. That’s why they are from an unknown source.
These apps can only be installed if you follow these steps and enable the option Apps from Unknown Sources:
1. Open the Settings of your FireStick device from the home-screen (main menu on the top)
2. Scroll to the right and open My Fire TV (you may see Device instead if your FireStick doesn’t have the latest version)
3. Click Developer Options
4. Click Apps from Unknown Sources to toggle it ON from OFF status
5. When prompted, go ahead and choose Turn On to confirm your intent. Dream TV is a safe app, which I have personally used and tested.
Now you can start with the installation process.
Step-by-step installation instructions for Dream TV APK on FireStick
FireStick does not permit direct browser download. Therefore, we are going to take help of the sideloading apps. Here are the two apps we will cover in this guide:
- ES File Explorer
You just need one of these two apps. But, I have provided detailed instructions for both. Let’s get started.
How to Install Dream TV on Amazon Fire Stick Using Downloader
You can install Downloader app from the Amazon Store using the search option on the FireStick home-screen (menu bar on the top). Our guide on how to sideload apps on FireStick also covers the detailed Downloader installation instructions.
Once you have the downloader app, follow these steps:
1. Open Downloader and click the URL field on the right part of the screen (make sure Home tab on the left is selected)
2. Now carefully enter the following path using the onscreen keypad: firesticktricks.com/dtv
Click GO when you are ready
3. Downloader will download the Dream TV APK on your device. It may take a minute or two
4. The installation process will start as soon as the Dream TV APK is downloaded. You should see the Next button on the bottom right. Navigate to this button
5. Click the Install button that you now see instead of Next button on the bottom right
6. It should take less than two minutes to install Dream TV APK on FireStick
7. Click DONE when Dream TV is installed and you see the App installed acknowledgment on the screen
Note: You may also click OPEN and run Dream TV app. But, I recommend choosing DONE so that you may go back to Downloader and delete the Dream TV APK file. It will free up some space on your device storage, which is very limited. You can run the app later.
8. Click Delete on the prompt that you see next
9. Confirm your intent by clicking Delete one more time
You have successfully installed the Dream TV app on FireStick.
However, before you start streaming, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Dream TV APK is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN helps you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kind of streaming apps including Cinema APK and is very easy-to-install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start using your jailbroken Fire Stick, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV / Stick and go to “Search” option on the extreme left. Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results
Step 3: Click “Download” to install the ExpressVPN app for Fire TV / Stick.
Step 4: Open the app and enter your login credentials which you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click “Sign in”
Step 5: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Install Dream TV Using ES File Explorer
Please note that if you have already followed the Downloader method above and installed Dream TV, you don’t need to follow the installation instructions for ES File Explorer.
Go ahead and download ES File Explorer first from the Amazon Store if you don’t have it already. Simply navigate to the top-left corner on the FireStick home-screen and select the Search option. Now type the name of the app and follow the onscreen installation instructions.
After installing ES File Explorer, follow these steps to install Dream TV app on FireStick:
1) Run the ES File Explorer app
2) Scroll down on the right part of the window and click the Downloader option
3) Now click +New at the bottom of the app interface
4) When the following box is displayed, enter https://www.firesticktricks.com/dtv in the Path section.
Also type in any name of your choice in the Name section, like I entered DreamTV.
Make sure you have entered the URL correctly
Click Download Now
5) Wait while ES File Explorer connects to the server and downloads the Dream TV APK on FireStick. It may take more than a minute.
6) Click Open file next
7) Click Install on the following prompt
8) ES Explorer will now run the APK file and FireStick will begin the installation. Scroll down to the bottom right where you see the Next option (it will change to Install)
9) Now click Install
10) Wait for the Dream TV FireStick app to install
11) Click Open to run the app. If you want to delete the APK, click Done to return to the ES File Explorer app and follow the next step
12) (Optional) Expand Local menu on the ES File Explorer window on the left and select the second Home option. Now go to the right part of the window and open the Download folder. Select the Dream TV APK and hold down the OK button on your remote for about 3 seconds. Click Delete icon on the bottom of the screen to delete the Dream TV APK
This is how you install Dream TV APK on FireStick using the ES File Explorer app.
How to Use Dream TV APK on FireStick
That’s easy. Dream TV is a straightforward app with a simple and user-friendly interface. You will get used to it in no time. Especially, if you have used apps like Terrarium TV before, you will feel an instant familiarity with it. In fact, Dream TV looks like a clone of Terrarium TV.
To open any app you have recently installed, you will need to go to the Your Apps & Channels section. Long press the home key on your remote and when you see the following prompt, click Apps
Now scroll down to the bottom of the list of the apps and selected Dream TV icon. If you want to see the app on the home-screen, click the menu button on your remote. This will pop up a menu on the bottom left of your TV display.
Click Move and move the app to one of the top three rows. You can also click Move to front to in the popup menu to place this app in the first spot in the first row. It will be the first app on the FireStick home-screen.
When a new version of the app is released, the following message is displayed prompting you to install the update. Installing the new version is not mandatory, but strongly recommended as it may have some new features and bug fixes.
Click Update and follow the onscreen instructions to update the app to the latest available version. Click Cancel to continue without updating.
Note: Dream TV will keep prompting you to install the update if you click Cancel. It could get a little irritating.
When the Disclaimer prompt appears, read it and scroll down to the bottom. Click Accept if you wish to continue using the app. Clicking Decline will close the app.
This is the main-screen of the app. It lists TV shows by default. You may change it to display Movies upon launch instead within the app Settings
The menu bar is on the top and everything underneath it up to the bottom displays the list of the content.
The app displays the content in the Trending category by default. To choose another category, click the small inverted triangle. You will see the following list of categories to choose from (image below):
If you wish to filter the content by Year, click the larger Triangle (striped) on the top-right
If you are looking for something specific, you can always use the Search option (lens icon) in the menu bar on the top.
Let’s explore the main menu of the app a bit. Click the hamburger menu on the far left on the top. The following options are displayed in the dropdown. To browse movies, click Movies in the menu.
Go down to the Settings to access the app Settings. From the Settings, you can change the default player for video playback, sign in to services like Trakt and Real Debrid, change the main screen to display Movies instead of TV Shows and do a lot of other things.
Go ahead and browse the Settings. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know via the comments section below
That’s pretty much it about the app. It’s time for you to explore and enjoy the app.
Dream TV looks like a decent option to stream Movies and TV Shows. It takes only a few minutes to download the APK and install the app on FireStick. The app is fairly new as I write this guide. Most videos work, but some streams do not. I am hoping that it will get better in time. You may still want to give it a try.
Related:Liked the Guide? Don't Forget to Share with your Family & Friends
Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.