This tutorial will show you how to install The Crew addon on Kodi 20 Nexus, Kodi 19 Matrix, and lower versions. This addon works smoothly on FireStick and all other Kodi-compatible devices, including Android TV boxes, mobiles, TV OS, computers, and more.
What is Crew Addon?
The Crew Kodi addon lets you watch on-demand movies and TV series, IPTV, Sports, Kids, and more. It has become one of the most well-known addons. With diverse content categories to choose from, quality playback, and smooth navigation, it took no time for The Crew addon to become our favorite.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Features of the Crew
The Crew is a popular addon for watching free entertainment and sports content. Some of the popular features of the addon are:
- It’s a one-stop shop for entertainment. You can watch movies, shows, kids’ content, live TV, sports, comedy, and more.
- You can link premium sources like Real Debrid, AllDebrid, and Premiumize to improve the streaming experience.
- The addon supports Trakt and lets you streamline and store your watchlist.
- THE CREW Kodi addon is user-friendly and easy to use. All the sections are easy to access.
Is Crew Addon Safe & Legal?
The Crew addon comes from the Crew Repository. It is one of the most widely used repositories. I haven’t heard any safety complaints from the users. This repository has also not caused any trouble on my device.
However, we are talking about a third-party addon. Therefore, I decided to scan the repository with a reputed antivirus, Virus Total. The image below shows the scan results (the repository has not been flagged malicious by any security vendor):
Whether or not The Crew addon is legal is an entirely different subject. While using the addon, you will notice that it brings video streams from numerous providers.
Unfortunately, FireStickTricks.com has no resources to verify each provider separately and determine whether they have obtained the streaming license. I recommend watching only those videos available in the public domain.
To avoid legal trouble, use ExpressVPN with The Crew addon. A VPN masks your online identity and encrypts your streaming data.
How to Install The Crew Kodi Addon
You will be sideloading THE CREW onto Kodi as it’s unavailable via the official repository. This section contains three parts that will unveil the complete steps to install THE CREW on Kodi.
Part 1: Turn On Unknown Sources
This section contains the steps to enable the option Unknown Sources. By enabling this option, you can install THE CREW REPO source. Here are the steps:
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
1. Click the Gear icon under the Kodi logo in the top-left corner.
2. Now, click System.
3. On the left side of the next screen, click Add-ons. On the right side, you can now see Unknown sources. Switch the toggle to turn it on.
4. Confirm that you wish to keep Unknown sources switched on by clicking Yes.
Part 2: Install THE CREW REPO
The CREW addon is available on THE CREW REPO. This section shows how to add the source and install the repository.
1. Go to the Settings menu again (press the back button once or navigate to Settings from the home screen of Kodi again). Then, click File Manager.
2. Click Add source.
3. You now want to click the option <None> on the next screen.
4. We now type the source path from where. Use the URL: https://team-crew.github.io. Click OK.
Note: FireStickTricks.com has no affiliation with the developers of the Crew Repo or the Crew addon. This URL will take you to the original source of the repository.
5. You are now required to name this source path. Name it crew and click OK.
6. Go back to the Settings menu again and choose Add-ons.
7. Now we need to open Install from zip file.
8. Here, you see the source path name you added. Click crew.
9. Always open the zip file with the highest version. In our case, it is repository.thecrew-x.x.x.
10. Wait for THE CREW Add-on installed notification in the top-right corner.
Note: We have only installed THE CREW REPO. We still need to install the addon.
Part 3: Install THE CREW
Finally, here’s how to install THE CREW Kodi addon:
1. Open Install from repository.
2. Click THE CREW REPO.
3. Go to Video add-ons.
4. Now, click THE CREW addon on this list.
5. Click the option Install on the bottom.
6. Click OK.
7. Installing The Crew Kodi addon may take over a minute. You can see the installation progress on the Kodi screen. Wait for the notification in the top-right corner.
The Crew Kodi addon is now successfully installed.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use The Crew Addon on Kodi
The Crew is an all-in-one Kodi addon for streaming your favorite shows and movies. Therefore, learning to use the addon will open all the doors to free entertainment.
The Crew is a user-friendly and simplistic addon. Here’s a short user guide for The Crew Kodi addon. You can access the installed addons from the home screen of Kodi.
Select Add-ons in the left menu on Kodi’s home screen. Then, go to the Video add-ons category on the right side. Now, click THE CREW addon on the right side.
Access THE CREW addon via Kodi. You will view the Home menu first. It is divided into various sections like Movies, TV Shows, Sports, IPTV, Kids, Radio, and more. This is the main window of this addon.
Every category on the main window is likely to be organized into subcategories. Let’s first explore Movies.
The content within the Movies category is sorted into subcategories like Trending, Most Popular, Box Office, etc. Let’s pick one folder. I’m choosing New Movies.
Now, I’m seeing the list of newly released movies.
Next, we have the TV Shows section.
TV Shows have similar subcategories. Don’t be surprised if there are more subcategories within these subcategories. This is a standard layout of any decent Kodi addon. Let’s open New Episodes.
I’m seeing the latest TV shows.
Select the Sports tab.
All the sports leagues and available sports will appear. You can browse each section individually.
Next, return to the Home menu and press the IPTV tab.
All the live TV options and channels will appear.
Again, press the return button to access the Home menu. Then, select the Kids tab.
All the kid-friendly content and trending shows will open. Click on each tab to view the available content.
You will find the streaming content by navigating these categories. If you know precisely what you want to watch, you can also use the Search option on the main screen of The Crew Kodi addon.
You can look up movies and TV shows or the names of artists, actors, or directors. The search results are usually accurate, though sometimes skewed.
How to Connect Real Debrid with The Crew
Real Debrid is a fantastic addition to THE CREW addon. It will alleviate your streaming experience by providing HD-quality links, fast streaming, and more features. Real Debrid is a premium link provider. For around $5 a month, it gives you tons of high-quality video streaming links.
1. Start by accessing The Crew addon’s Home menu. Then, scroll down and press the Tools section.
2. Again, scroll down and press the RESOLVEURL: SETTINGS tab.
3. The Settings menu will open. Press the Universal Resolvers 2 tab from the menu on the left.
4. Now, scroll to and press the (Re) Authorize My Account tab from the menu on the right.
5. A small Real Debrid Authorization menu will pop up. It lists the instructions to complete the authorization. So, access real.debrid.com/device via a web browser and enter the Displayed code. Then, complete the instructions to enable Real Debrid.
Note: The displayed code will expire in 900 seconds, so you must be vigilant and quick.
6. You will receive a ResolveURL Real Debrid Resolver Authorized notification after completing the process.
How to Connect Trakt with The Crew
Trakt is excellent for keeping track of the movies and shows you watch on The Crew addon. Moreover, it will also help you find new content based on what you like and stream.
The Crew addon supports Trakt. You can enable it to streamline your viewing experience. Follow our step-by-step guide to learn more about Trakt, or visit the Trakt official website to sign up. Please these steps to connect Trakt with The Crew.
1. In The Crew Home menu, scroll down and select Tools.
2. Press the TRAKT: AUTHORIZE tab.
3. A small Trakt menu will open. Follow the instructions to complete the process. So, visit trakt.tv/activate via a web browser. Then, enter the displayed code and complete the on-screen instructions.
4. Once you connect to Trakt, you can view your Account under the Account Information section for Trakt.
What are the dangers of The Crew addon?
The Crew addon is safe if you are using it to stream copyright-free content in the public domain. However, if you watch copyrighted content, there may be legal troubles. Use ExpressVPN to avoid any legal hassles.
How do I install The Crew addon on Firestick?
You can install The Crew addon from its official repository on FireStick. Just follow the instructions in this guide to install this addon.
What can you watch on the Crew Kodi addon?
The Crew is a multipurpose addon that lets you watch Movies, Shows, Live TV, Sports, and more.
How do I fix buffering on The Crew addon?
To fix buffering on the Crew addon, follow our guide on how to fix buffering on Kodi.
The Crew addon is an excellent option to stream various media, including movies, shows, live TV, and more. Its scrapers are excelling in providing the finest streams from quality sources. The addon also supports Real-Debrid sign-in, enabling more 1080p and 4K resolution streams. It is indeed one of the best Kodi addons to have at this time.
So, now you know how to install The Crew addon on Kodi. Let us know your thoughts or feedback via the comments section below.
- How to Install ReleaseBB Kodi Addon
- Install Nemesis AIO Kodi Addon
- Gaia Kodi Addon
- How to Install Asgard Kodi Addon
Suberboost Your FireStick with My Free Guide
Stay Ahead: Weekly Insights on the Latest in Free Streaming!
No spam, ever. Unsubscribe anytime.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More