This guide will take you through the installation process of Equinox Build on Kodi 19 Matrix. Equinox is currently available only for Kodi 19 Matrix. The instructions will work on all Kodi devices, including Windows, Mac, Android TV & Boxes, Amazon FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Android & iOS mobile devices, and more.
Equinox Kodi Build is one of the fewer builds that have stood the ground ever since the crackdown on Kodi addons and builds. This build has been around for several months and continues to be updated regularly. This tells me that this build is here to stay.
This simple, fuss-free build offers a bunch of preloaded video add-ons for hours of streaming. Whether you want to watch live TV or on-demand movies and shows, Equinox Kodi Build has it all. You will also find a special section for sports and documentaries.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install Equinox Kodi Build
The Equinox Kodi build is installed from an external source that is not the part of the official Kodi Add-on Repository. Such third-party builds can only be installed when the security setting called Unknown Sources is enabled.
So, the first thing we need to do is enable this option if it is disabled. Here is how you do it:
Enable Unknown Sources
1. The home-screen of Kodi has the Settings icon on the top-left. Click this icon.
2. The next menu contains the following options. Click and open the System.
3. On the following screen, click Add-ons on the left and find Unknown sources on the right. If the switch is off, you must select it to turn it on.
4. Kodi will show the following message on the screen. But, this warning is not a problem when you are installing the tried and tested Equinox Build. So, go ahead and click Yes.
Now that this option is enabled, you can install as many third-party addons and builds you like. So, let’s get started with the Equinox Build on Kodi.
Equinox Build Installation Steps
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
1. Open the Settings again using the icon on the home screen of Kodi.
2. From the options on the following window, open File manager.
3. Click Add-source next as you can see in the following image.
4. This is the screen you see next. You need to enter the source path for the Equinox Kodi Build. Click <None>.
5. When the following window is displayed, type in the source path http://grumpeh.aion.feralhosting.com/repo/ and click OK.
Note: Be careful while typing this link. If there is a typo, the build will not install.
6. Click on the input box under Enter a name for this media source.
7. Enter a name for the source that you added in the previous step. Let’s go with Equinox. Click OK.
8. Click OK to save the source.
You have added the source. Now we will install the Diggz Matrix Repository from the source.
9. Go one step back and click Add-ons on the home-screen of Kodi.
10. Choose Install from zip file.
11. A warning sign will appear, click Yes to continue.
12. Click Equinox on the next screen (or click the name you added in one of the steps above).
13. Open the folder Install_MATRIX_19_Repo.
14. Open the zip file repository.diggzmatrix.zip.
15. Wait for the Diggz Matrix Repository Add-on installed notification. It will appear on the top-right of your Kodi screen.
You have installed the Diggz Matrix Repository. Let’s now install the Chef Matrix Wizard.
16. Click Install from repository while staying on the same window.
17. Click Diggz Matrix Repository on the following window.
18. Open Program add-ons.
19. Click Chef Matrix Wizard.
20. Click the Install button on the bottom right.
21. Click OK to download additional dependent addons.
22. Chef Matrix Wizard is now being installed. This usually takes several minutes, so be patient. You will see the installation progress on your Kodi screen. When the Wizard is installed, a Chef Matrix Wizard Add-on installed notification is displayed.
23. The moment the Wizard is installed, you will see some popups. We need to ignore and get rid of these popups. Simply click Dismiss, Ignore, or Continue to get past them.
24. Now, let’s go back to the Kodi home-screen. From there, go to Add-ons > Program add-ons. As you can see, the Chef Matrix Wizard icon is here. Click the wizard to open it.
25. Click (Chef Wizard) Builds on the next window.
26. Now, scroll all the way down and click [19.3] cg – MaLi plus Equinox Free – Non Debrid – (V1.0).
Note: This is the version while I write this guide. You may see a different version later. It doesn’t matter, just click whichever Equinox build you see! If you’re not a debrid user, make sure to select the Non-Debrid build.
27. Now, click Install.
28. Click Yes, Install to start downloading and installing the build.
29. Chef Wizard will start to download and install the build you selected. This may take a few minutes. All you need to do is wait for the installation to complete. Make sure that your device remains connected to the internet while the build downloads and installs.
30. After several minutes, when the build is finally installed, Chef Matrix Wizard will give you a prompt asking you to restart Kodi. Click OK to continue.
That’s how you install the Equinox Build on Kodi!
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
A Quick Rundown of Equinox Kodi Build
Now that you have installed the MaLi plus Equinox Free – Non-Debrid – v1.0 Build (or whichever build you chose), you may want to start using it right away. Go right ahead and reopen Kodi. When you do that, you’ll first be welcomed to the new build.
I’ll show you the MaLi Equinox build briefly. Let’s scroll down on the Library menu.
After that, click Equinox.
You’ll now be welcomed to the Equinox build. Here’s the home screen of the build.
Note: If the build is too slow, it might be updating the addons. This usually happens on the first run. It will get faster once all the addons are updated. So, it’s best to wait for a while before you start using the new Equinox Build.
This theme has a lot more happening than the regular Estuary skin of Kodi, which uses a combination of blue and black only.
Let’s talk about the interface first.
The layout of the Equinox Kodi build looks familiar, as it also has the menu bar that runs horizontally across the bottom of the screen. But, there is a remarkable difference. The menu bar displays only one item at a time.
As you see in the image above, the default option on launch is Library. Underneath the main menu is the submenu. This submenu shows options related to the item chosen in the main menu.
You can cycle through the main menu bar by pressing either the left or right navigation keys (or by swiping left or right if you are using a touch device).
When I press the right navigation key (or swipe right), one of the next options is Media. Go further and you will see more options.
Explore the various options on the home screen of the Equinox Build to see everything it has to offer.
Let us now take a look at the pre-loaded addons.
You can scroll down and find more. I can see there are addons for on-demand movies and shows, sports, music, adult content, and more.
I have taken you through pretty much everything related to Equinox Kodi Build, including how to install the Equinox build on Kodi and how to navigate it to watch content. A whole lot is uncovered when you explore the build yourself. So, go ahead and give it a shot. Let me know if you encounter any issues during installation. You can find more builds in our Best Kodi builds list too.
Related:Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More