In this guide, I will show you how to install the Maze builds on Kodi. The method provided here will work on FireStick as well as all other Kodi supported devices including Android TV, Android Mobiles, Mac, Windows, Linux Computers, iOS Mobiles, Raspberry Pi, and more.
The Maze Wizard brings to you a whole new set of exciting builds for Kodi. You will find a variety of builds for all kinds of Kodi devices.
The Maze Family build is one of the best builds offered by the Maze Wizard. It is a lightweight and yet highly functional build. It offers smooth performance even if your device specs are moderate.
We have also included the Maze to our list of top builds for Kodi.
Note: If you get an error while installing the Maze Repo or the Maze Wizard, please read our guide on How to Fix Failed to install Addon from Zip File Error.
Features of the Maze Kodi Build
Here are some of the highlights the Maze Family Build:
- It is one of the most lightweight builds (124 MB installation data)
- Works smoothly on all Kodi devices, even the ones with low-RAM (such as FireStick)
- User-friendly interface with easy layout
- Clutter-free interface
- Comes with several useful addons for video streaming
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to install the Maze builds on Kodi
Maze builds comes from a third-party source. Therefore, it will require special permission in the Kodi Settings.
Therefore, follow these steps first and later we will get to the installation steps:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings
For this, click the gear icon on the main screen of the Kodi interface. It is in the top-left corner.
2. When you see the Settings menu, go ahead and open the option System
3. You must now see the following window
Click the Add-ons option. It is on the left menu.
4. The right section of the same window displays a new set of options
By default, Unknown Sources is disabled or OFF
It needs to be turned ON
Click it once
5. You are now going to see the following warning message
Click Yes to proceed
With this done, we can get started with the installation process
Maze Kodi Builds installation steps
Follow these steps to install the Maze builds on Kodi:
1. We go to the Settings menu again on FireStick (by clicking the gear icon in the top-left corner of the main window)
2. Next, click the option called File manager
3. Here, click the option Add source
You may click Add Source on the left or on the right
4. This dialog box is now displayed
Click where you can see <None>. This part will be replaced with the source path in the next step
5. A new window is now displayed
Here, we will enter the source path http://mazebuilds.co.uk/repo
Be careful when you type this URL. Typos will cause issues with installation later
6. Now, we need to type a name for the source URL we added above
You are free to choose any name you want to identify this source with
I am naming it Maze
7. By pressing the back button or back key you will return to the Settings menu again
When you are here, click the option Add-ons
8. Go ahead and click Install from zip file when you are on this window
9. Find the source name (Maze for this guide) you added a bit earlier and click it
10. The next screen will display some folders
We need to open the folder repository.maze
11. Now, here you find the zip file for the Maze Repository
Install the repository by clicking the file repository.maze
Note: If the zip file has been updated, the version number of the file on your screen would be different
12. We will now wait for a few seconds
Maze Repository Add-on installed notification will appear soon
13. You may now click the option Install from repository on the same screen
14. Here, you will find the Maze Repository that you installed just now
15. Open the Program add-ons section on the following window
16. Click Maze Wizard
17. Go ahead and click the Install button in the bottom-right
18. Give it a few seconds while the Maze Wizard is installed
The installation notification is displayed in the top-right area of the screen
19. Click Dismiss when you see this prompt. It appears a few seconds after the installation of the Maze Wizard
20. Click Continue or just press the back button
21. You may now click Build Menu and skip to step 24
If you clicked Ignore, go to the next step to go to the build menu from the main screen of Kodi
22. On the main screen of Kodi, click Add-ons and then select Program add-ons in the left menu
Open the Maze Wizard by clicking it
23. Now, click (Maze) Builds option on the next screen
24. Click the Maze build you wish to install
I recommend the Maze Family Build
25. I am choosing Fresh Install to reset Kodi before installing the build (recommended)
Standard Install is used when you wish to restore some of your existing Kodi data (not recommended)
Note: If you have just installed or reset Kodi, it doesn’t matter which option you choose
26. Click Continue to confirm when this popup appears
27. Wait for the build to download and install. This may take several minutes (depending upon the status of the server at the time and your connection speed)
28. Click Force Close when the build has installed
This is how you install the Maze build on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to use Maze Kodi Builds
To access the build, all you need to do is reopen the Kodi application after the installation.
When you open the Maze Kodi build the first time, make sure you give it a few minutes before you start using it. During the initial minutes, Kodi will configure the build and update various addons and settings.
This is the main window of the Kodi interface with the Maze Family Build we installed
The interface looks quite similar to many other Kodi builds. That’s because it uses the familiar layout where the menu bar and submenu bar are placed across the width of the screen and around the bottom.
The build displays the recommended content when you select a streaming category (like ‘Movies’ is selected in the image above. The list of recommended addons is displayed in the submenu bar.
The build features the following main menu items:
- TV Shows
- Kids Zone
- Docs TV
- Live TV
To view the list of the preinstalled addons, you may go to System > Video Add-ons
The build features the following notable add-ons:
- T2K Kingdom
- Exodus Redux
- The Magic Dragon
- Sportowa TV
To sum up, Maze Build is a great option to experience Kodi in a different way. It is a lightweight build with a clean looking interface. It works fast on all devices. It has become one of my favorite builds recently. Let us know your thoughts through the comments section below.
Related:Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More