In this tutorial, I will show you how to install Tea TV on FireStick. The steps provided in the guide apply to all the available Fire TV devices, including Fire TV Stick 4K, 4K Max, Fire Stick Lite, and Fire TV Cube.
What is Tea TV?
Tea TV is a third-party streaming service that offers on-demand content, including movies, shows, and more. TeaTV offers a professional-looking interface, navigational fluidity, and incredible ease of use. The app always has a solid media library.
I recommend TeaTV on FireStick as one of the most suitable apps for FireStick for films and series. Tea TV is a complete media house and rivals popular apps like Cinema HD, CyberFlix TV, Bee TV, Nova TV, and more.
Note: Tea TV developers have made it mandatory to use an external player called TPlayer. You must install this player separately. I have provided the instructions to do so with the steps to install Tea TV.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Is Tea TV Safe and Legal?
I have been using Tea TV for years. I have never found anything unsafe about it yet. However, I am no security expert.
Let’s see how Tea TV APK fared in the antivirus scan. I used Virus Total, a reputed online tool. Virus Total ran the APK with over five dozen security vendors. Not even a single vendor flagged the file as malicious. Here is the result of the scan.
Whether or not Tea TV is legal remains undetermined. This app sources video streams from a wide range of providers across several countries. FireStickTricks.com can’t check and verify each provider’s credibility.
To avoid any legal trouble, watch content in the public domain. You must also use ExpressVPN to ensure your video streaming activities are encrypted and hidden from authorities.
TeaTV on FireStick: Installation Methods
Tea TV is a third-party app and not part of the Amazon Store. Therefore, it has to be sideloaded to your FireStick device.
Unlike regular Android mobiles or tablets, FireStick doesn’t let you download the APKs of the apps directly through popular browsers. Sideloading on FireStick requires special apps. Here are the two apps we will use in this guide:
- Downloader (recommended)
- ES File Explorer (not recommended as the app costs $9.99 per month)
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Install Tea TV on FireStick Using Downloader
1. To download this app, go to your FireStick home screen. From the home screen, select Find > Search.
2. Look up Downloader and install it by following the online instructions.
I will get on with the installation method. But, before that, you must enable FireStick to accept third-party apps by allowing the Downloader app.
3. Open Settings from the FireStick home screen (menu bar on the top).
4. Click MyFireTV.
5. Open Developer Options.
The Developer Options is hidden on certain devices. However, you may unhide it by following our guide.
6. You may see one of the following two depending upon the device version:
- Install Unknown Apps: Click it and go to the next step (step 7).
- Apps from Unknown Sources: Click and enable this option. Then, skip the next step and go directly to step 8.
7. Switch ON the Downloader app (if your device displays Install unknown apps in the previous step).
8. Downloader is a frequently used app. You may want to create its shortcut on the home screen for quick access.
Run Downloader and click the text field on the right side of its home screen (the app opens with the left Home tab selected by default).
9. Type in the following URL when the onscreen keyboard appears and click GO: firesticktricks.com/tea
Note: FireStickTricks.com does not host any APK file on its server. The above URL downloads the APK from the original source. We are not associated with the developers.
10. Downloader app will connect to the server URL it is pointing to and begin downloading the TeaTV APK on FireStick.
11. When the APK download is done, the Downloader app initiates the installation. You should now see the following prompt asking you to confirm if you wish to install TeaTV on FireStick. Click Install.
12. It will take a few moments to install TeaTV on FireStick. When done, the following window is displayed with the App Installed confirmation.
TeaTV is installed. You can click Open on the bottom right corner and run it if you want. But I suggest clicking Done so you can go back to the Downloader app and delete the TeaTV APK.
Why delete APK? Because APK is of no use after the installation of the app. Clear up FireStick storage by deleting unnecessary files.
Note: Keep reading to install TPlayer (required with Tea TV).
13. Click Delete
14. Click Delete again
15. Now, click the address bar/text field again.
16. Type firesticktricks.com/tplayer and click GO.
17. Wait for the APK to download.
18. Click Install.
19. Click Done when the app has been installed.
20. Click Delete and then Delete again to remove the APK.
This is how you use the Downloader app to sideload TeaTV on FireStick.
Before you start streaming with TeaTV on your Fire Stick, I want to warn you that everything you stream on TeaTV is visible to your ISP and Government. In addition, streaming copyrighted content (free movies and TV shows) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can hide your online streaming/browsing activities with a VPN. A VPN, a.k.a Virtual Private Network, helps bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and content geo-restrictions.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to distinguish between a legit and illegal source.
I am using ExpressVPN on my Fire Stick, mobile, and PC. After trying several paid and free VPNs, I say ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. Here’s how to start using ExpressVPN on your FireStick and keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
TeaTV on Fire TV Stick Using ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is another app used as a side-loader for FireStick. Again, you can download this app from Amazon Store. Just look up the Search option on the FireStick home screen.
Note: ES File Explorer does not offer the sideloading feature for free anymore. You need to pay $9.99 per month. Use the Downloader app if it is available in your region. It is free. You may ignore this section if you have already installed Tea TV using the Downloader method outlined above.
After installing ES File Explorer, follow the steps below:
1. Launch ES File Explorer. You will see a menu bar on the left with expandable options. Scroll down and click Tools. Clicking will expand it. Now, click the first option, Download Manager.
2. Now navigate to the right side of the ES Explorer, and on the bottom, click +New.
3. The following dialogue box must show up with the two fields:
4, Enter the following in the above fields:
- Path: https://www.firesticktricks.com/tea
- Name: teatv
In the Name field, you may enter any name you like. It will be inconsequential. Click Download Now.
5. Wait for ES File Explorer to connect to the server and download the TeaTV APK on Fire TV Stick or Cube.
6. When that’s done, click Open file when prompted.
7. Next, click Install.
8. Now, you are guided to the installation prompt. Click Install to proceed.
Now, all you need to do is wait for FireStick to install TeaTV, which should not take more than a minute or two. You will see the following confirmation message when the app is installed.
9. Click Open and run the app. Click Done to return to ES File Explorer. You may run the app later from Your Apps & Channels (which I will tell you how in the next section).
How to Use TeaTV on Fire TV Stick
All your apps are kept in Your Apps & Channels. Here is how you can visit this section:
- Press and hold the Home button on your remote for a few seconds
- When you see the pop-up menu, click Apps
- This opens Your Apps & Channels
When you are here, scroll down, select the TeaTV app icon and click it to open the app. That’s how you access the apps from Your Apps & Channels.
Let’s now run the TeaTV app on FireStick. When you open the app for the first time, click Allow to grant permission.
The following disclaimer is displayed. Click Accept to proceed.
You are now prompted to choose your preferred subtitle language. Click the language of your choice to continue. You may change it later in the app Settings.
Here’s how the home screen of TeaTV appears on FireStick. As you can see, TeaTV offers a slick, easy-to-use interface. You will find the trending content on the opening screen. Additionally, you can use the filter option to choose from various genres and categories to watch more.
You may also use the search function in the top-right corner to look up any movie by name, artist, director, etc. You can also lookup for TV shows and episodes.
TeaTV is a top-rated entertainment app that brings you a host of on-demand movies and shows for free. In addition, TeaTV offers plenty of active scrapers from some high-quality servers. This lightweight app is just the right solution for all your on-demand needs. In this guide, you learned to install TeaTV on FireStick. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to let us know in the comments section below.
- How to install Morph TV on FireStick
- How to jailbreak Fire TV Stick
- How to install Kodi on Fire Stick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More