This guide will show you how to install Pluto TV on FireStick and other Amazon Fire TV devices (such as Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and Fire TV OS). In addition, I have also provided the instructions to install Pluto TV on Android TV Boxes & Smart TVs, Android Mobiles & Tablets, and iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
You will also find the steps to stream Pluto TV via a web browser on Windows PC and macOS.
What is Pluto TV?
Pluto TV is a free Live TV streaming platform with dozens of cable-TV channels. This service is one hundred percent free. However, it is ad-supported. Therefore, you will run into several commercials during the playback.
Besides the Live TV channels, Pluto TV also hosts a range of on-demand content, including Movies and TV Series.
CNN, NFL Channel, Sky News, CBSN, NBC News, and MTV are some of the popular TV channels you can stream with Pluto TV. This service also offers lots of in-house Pluto TV channels as well.
Pluto TV is an official app on Amazon Store, Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and other platforms. Moreover, it is an entirely free and legal application.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
Read: How to Install and Use Best VPN for FireStick
How to install Pluto TV on FireStick
You can download Pluto TV on FireStick from the official store – Amazon App Store. Since it is an official app, it doesn’t need to be sideloaded onto your device.
Follow the steps below to install the Pluto TV app on FireStick:
1. From the home screen of FireStick, go to the Find > Search option.
2. Now, search for the Pluto TV app using the onscreen keypad. As you type, the app will show up in the search results. Click Pluto TV.
3. Click the Pluto TV icon on the following window.
4. Next, click the Get option (if you are installing Pluto TV for the first time). Or, click the Download option (if you have installed Pluto TV before).
5. Wait for the app to download and get installed. This process will take a couple of minutes.
6. Go ahead and click Open when the app is installed.
You have successfully installed Pluto TV on Amazon FireStick. You may start streaming now.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to use Pluto TV on FireStick
The Pluto TV app for FireStick is pretty straightforward. Let’s explore it together. Go to the home screen of FireStick. Click the 3-square option. You may also create the shortcut of Pluto TV on the home screen.
Scroll down to the last row when this list of apps is displayed, and open the Pluto TV app.
The following image shows the old home screen of the Pluto TV app. Unfortunately, the app does not allow taking screenshots any longer. The new home screen isn’t much different from the old one.
Instead of the Live TV and On Demand options on the top, you will find a retractable menu on the left. The new menu retains the item On-Demand. However, the option Live TV has been replaced by Channel Guide, which lets you explore and choose TV channels.
Live TV on Pluto TV
Live TV is the default selection on the Pluto TV app. You can also see the list of the channels and the TV guide or EPG. Select and click the channel you want to stream. To activate subtitles, press the down button during the playback. Then, click the CC option in the bottom-right corner.
Choose the subtitle language and press the OK or Select button on your remote.
Free Movies & TV Shows on Pluto TV
Click On-Demand in the retractable menu on the left (you won’t find On Demand at the top anymore). You will see the categories on the left. Scroll down to explore various categories for movies and TV shows. The movies or shows will line up on the right depending upon the category chosen on the left (such as Featured, CBS Selects, Most Popular Movies, etc.)
During the video playback, press the down key on the remote to view more options in the bottom-right corner. You can pause the video, rewind or forward it by 15 seconds at a time, and choose subtitles.
How to install Pluto TV on Android TV (TV Boxes and Smart TVs)
You can install Pluto TV directly from the Google Play Store on Android TV devices.
It works on stock Android boxes as well as Android TV OS Boxes (Nvidia Shield, Mi Box)
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store on your TV device
- Search for the Pluto TV app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
Pluto TV has the same interface for Android TV OS and FireStick. However, you may need to change the orientation from landscape to portrait on stock Android TV Boxes. That’s because stock boxes use mobile Android OS and usually open the apps in portrait mode.
How to install Pluto TV on Android Mobiles (Phones & Tablets)
Pluto TV is available on the Google Play Store for Android mobile devices. Here are the steps:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Look up the Pluto TV app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
How to install Pluto TV on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
You can install Pluto TV from the Apple App Store on iPhone and iOS devices. Follow the steps below:
- Access the Apple App Store
- Search for Pluto TV
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the Pluto TV app
You can now run the app from the home screen of your iOS device.
How to use Pluto TV on Windows PC and Mac OS
There are two ways to watch Pluto TV on a computer.
1) Download Pluto TV from the App Store. You will find the app in Windows Store for PCs and Apple Store for MacOS
2) You can stream Pluto TV on Windows and Mac computers in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
Open the following link in a web browser and start streaming: https://pluto.tv/
How to install Pluto TV Kodi Addon
Pluto TV has an official Kodi addon as well. You can download it from the official Kodi Add-on Repository. This add-on lets you use this service on Kodi devices that do not have a supported Pluto TV app, such as Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Here are the steps to install the Pluto TV addon on Kodi:
1. On the home screen of Kodi, click the Settings option (under the Kodi logo in the top-left corner).
2. Click Add-ons on the next window.
3. Click Install from repository next.
4. Click Kodi Add-ons Repository on the next screen. If you don’t see Kodi Add-ons Repository, skip to the next step.
5. Scroll down and choose Video add-ons.
6. Scroll down again. Finally, find and click Pluto TV.
Note: There are many addons here, but they’re listed in alphabetical order. Scroll down to the “P” section before looking for Pluto TV.
7. Click Install on the window that follows.
8. Click OK on this popup window.
9. Wait until Pluto TV Add-on installed message is displayed in the top-right corner of the screen.
10. Press the back button several times to get back to the home screen of Kodi. Then, navigate to Add-ons > Video add-ons, and click the Pluto TV icon.
11. You should now see the prompt in the following screenshot. If you have a Pluto TV account, click Sign in and sign in with your credentials. If you don’t have an account, click Guest to continue.
12. This is the main screen of the Pluto TV Kodi addon. You can start streaming now.
Pluto TV is a great option to watch dozens of live TV channels and tons of movies and shows for free. This app is one hundred percent legal and available through all the major official app stores like the Play Store, Apple Store, and Amazon App Store. Use the comments below to let me know what you think of Pluto TV or if you have trouble installing it.
- How to Install Tubi TV on FireStick
- How to Install Plex on FireStick
- How to Install Netflix Kodi Addon
- How to Install Asgard Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More