In this guide, I will show you how to install Pluto TV on FireStick and other Amazon Fire TV devices (such as Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV OS). I have also provided the instructions to install Pluto TV on Android TV Boxes & Smart TVs, Android Mobiles & Tablets, iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
You will also find the steps to stream Pluto TV via a web browser on Windows PC and Mac O
Pluto TV is a Live TV streaming platform with dozens of cable-TV channels. This service is one hundred percent free. However, it is ad-supported and hence you will run into several commercials during the playback.
Besides the Live TV channels, Pluto TV also hosts a range of on-demand content including Movies and TV Series.
CNN, NFL Channel, Sky News, CBSN, NBC News, MTV, are some of the popular TV channels you can stream with Pluto TV. This service also offers lots of in-house ‘Pluto TV’ channels as well.
Pluto TV is an official app on Amazon Store, Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and other platforms. It is a completely free and legal application.
How to install Pluto TV on FireStick
You can download Pluto TV on FireStick from the official store – Amazon App Store. Since it is an official app, it doesn’t need to be sideloaded onto your device.
Follow the steps below to install the Pluto TV app on FireStick:
1. From the home screen of FireStick, go to the Find > Search option
2. Now, search for the Pluto TV app using the onscreen keypad
As you type, the app will show up in the search results
Click Pluto TV
3. Click the Pluto TV icon on the following window
4. Next, click the Get option (if you are installing Pluto TV for the first time)
Or, click the Download option (if you have installed Pluto TV before)
5. Wait for the app to download and then install
This process will take a couple of minutes
6. Go ahead and click Open when the app is installed
You have successfully installed Pluto TV on Amazon FireStick. You may start streaming now.
How to use Pluto TV on FireStick
Pluto TV app for FireStick is pretty straightforward. Let’s explore it together.
Go tot he home screen of FireStick.
Click the 3-Dot Option
Scroll down to the last row when this list of apps is displayed and open the Pluto TV app
You may also shift the Pluto TV app to the FireStick home screen for quick access if you think you will use it frequently. Simply use the menu key on your remote. It is the key with 3 horizontal lines (next to the Home key)
This popup is displayed in the lower-right corner of the TV
Click Move and shift the Pluto TV icon to the first or second row on the top
This is the main screen of the Pluto TV FireStick app
As you see, there are two categories on the top:
- Live TV: To watch live TV channels
- On-Demand: For on-demand movies and series
Live TV on Pluto TV
Live TV is the default selection on the Pluto TV app. You can also see the list of the channels and the TV guide or EPG. Select and click the channel you want to stream.
To activate subtitles, press the down button during the playback. Click the CC option on the bottom-right corner
Choose the subtitle language and press the OK or Select button on your remote
Free Movies & TV Shows on Pluto TV
Click On-Demand on the top. You will see the categories on the left. Scroll down to explore various categories for movies and TV shows.
The movies or shows will line up on the right depending upon the category chosen on the left (such as Featured, CBS Selects, Most Popular Movies, etc.)
During the video playback, press the down key on the remote to view more options in the bottom-right corner
You can pause the video, rewind or forward it by 15 seconds at a time, and choose subtitles.
How to install Pluto TV on Android TV (TV Boxes and Smart TVs)
You can install Pluto TV directly from the Google Play Store on Android TV devices.
It works on stock Android boxes as well as Android TV OS Boxes (Nvidia Shield, Mi Box)
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store on your TV device
- Search for the Pluto TV app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
Pluto TV has the same interface for Android TV OS and FireStick. On stock Android TV Boxes, you may need to change the orientation from landscape to portrait. That’s because stock boxes use mobile Android OS and usually open the apps in portrait mode.
How to install Pluto TV on Android Mobiles (Phones & Tablets)
Pluto TV is available on the Google Play Store for Android mobile devices. Here are the steps:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Look up for the Pluto TV app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
How to install Pluto TV on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
You can install Pluto TV on iPhone and other iOS devices from the Apple App Store. Follow the steps below:
- Access the Apple App Store
- Search for Pluto TV
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the Pluto TV app
You can now run the app from the home screen of your iOS device.
How to use Pluto TV on Windows PC and Mac OS
There are two ways to watch Pluto TV on a computer.
1) Download Pluto TV from the app Store. You will find the app in Windows Store for PCs and Apple Store for MacOS
2) You can stream Pluto TV on Windows and Mac computers in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
Open the following link in a web browser and start streaming: https://pluto.tv/live-tv/tv-land-drama
How to install Pluto TV Kodi Addon
Pluto TV has an official Kodi addon as well. You can download it from the official Kodi Add-on Repository. This add-on lets you use this service on Kodi devices that do not have a supported Pluto TV app, such as Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Here are the steps to install Pluto TV addon on Kodi:
1. On the home screen of Kodi, click the Settings option (under the Kodi logo in the top-left corner).
2. Click Add-ons on the next window.
3. Click Install from repository next.
4. Click Kodi Add-ons Repository on the next screen. If you don’t see Kodi Add-ons Repository, skip to the next step.
5. Scroll down and choose Video add-ons.
6. Scroll down again. Find and click Pluto.TV.
Note: There are lots of addons here, but they’re listed in alphabetical order. Scroll down to the “P” section before looking for Pluto TV.
7. Click Install on the window that follows.
8. Click OK on this popup window.
9. Wait until Pluto.TV Add-on installed message is displayed in the top-right corner of the screen.
10. Press the back button several times to get back to the home screen of Kodi. Navigate to Add-ons > Video add-ons, and click the Pluto.TV icon.
11. You should now see the prompt in the following screenshot. If you have a Pluto TV account, click Sign in and sign in with your credentials. If you don’t have an account, click Guest to continue.
12. This is the main screen of the Pluto TV Kodi addon. You can start streaming now.
How to Activate Pluto TV on Firestick
Note: Pluto TV Account Activation/Sign-in is currently NOT supported on FireStick
You can use the Pluto TV FireStick app without signing in to your account. However, it would be a good idea to use the app signed in. It will sync your watchlist and preferences across all Pluto TV supported platforms. Also, when signed-in, you can use many online remote functions in the Pluto TV Control Center (more about it later). Here is how you can sign in: 1. Click Activate in the left menu on the main screen of Pluto TV 2. A code is displayed on the top (a combination of numbers and letters) 3. Go to my.pluto.tv/activate on a computer or mobile Enter the activation code displayed on your TV on the webpage Click Activate 4. If you already have a Pluto TV account, click SIGN IN (and log in with your email address and password or sign in with your Google ID) If you do not have a Pluto TV account, you can register now You can fill up the form and register with your email address Click Create Account to proceed OR You can sign up and sign in with your Google ID 5. Once you are signed in, you can customize the Pluto TV experience online On a computer or mobile, go to https://my.pluto.tv/control-center Make sure you are signed in with your Pluto TV account Here are the options: Activate: This Lets you activate new devices and manage the already activated devices. You can also sign out of any device from here. If you want to sign out of your existing Pluto TV account on the Pluto TV FireStick app, this is where you can do it Remote: Lets you control the Pluto TV app remotely from a web browser (elaborated in a separate section) Edit Channels: This lets you remove channels from the app or mark channels as favorites (elaborated in a separate section) Settings: This lets you update your email, change your Pluto TV password, and contact Pluto TV support. Also lets you log out from your Pluto TV account on your web browser
Pluto TV is a great option to watch dozens of live TV channels and tons of movies and shows for free. This app is one hundred percent legal and available through all the major official app stores like the Play Store, Apple Store, Amazon App Store. Use the comments below to let me know what you think of Pluto TV or if you have any trouble installing it.
- How to Install Q Continuum Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Grindhouse Kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install FREE Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Asgard Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More