In this guide, I will show you how to install Pluto TV on FireStick and other Amazon Fire TV devices (such as Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV OS). I have also provided the instructions to install Pluto TV on Android TV Boxes & Smart TVs, Android Mobiles & Tablets, iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
You will also find the steps to stream Pluto TV via a web browser on Windows PC and Mac OS, as well as to sideload Mac OS client from the official Pluto TV Website.
Pluto TV is a Live TV streaming platform with dozens of cable-TV channels. This service is one hundred percent free. However, it is ad-supported and hence you will run into several commercials during the playback.
Besides the Live TV channels, Pluto TV also hosts a range of on-demand content including Movies and TV Series.
CNN, NFL Channel, Sky News, CBSN, NBC News, MTV, are some of the popular TV channels you can stream with Pluto TV. This service also offers lots of in-house ‘Pluto TV’ channels as well.
Pluto TV is an official app on Amazon Store, Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and other platforms. It is a completely free and legal application.
How to install Pluto TV on FireStick
You can download Pluto TV on FireStick from the official store – Amazon App Store. Since it is an official app, it doesn’t need to be sideloaded onto your device.
Follow the steps below to install Pluto TV app on FireStick:
1. From the home screen of FireStick, go to the Search option
You will find the Search tool (lens icon) in the top-left corner of the home screen
2. Now, search for the Pluto TV app using the onscreen keypad
As you type, the app will show up in the search results
Click Pluto TV
3. Click the Pluto TV icon on the following window
4. Next, click the Get option (if you are installing Pluto TV for the first time)
Or, click the Download option (if you have installed Pluto TV before)
5. Wait for the app to download and then install
This process will take a couple of minutes
6. Go ahead and click Open when the app is installed
You have successfully installed Pluto TV on Amazon FireStick. You may start streaming now.
How to use Pluto TV on FireStick
Pluto TV app for FireStick is pretty straightforward. Let’s explore it together.
On the home screen of FireStick, highlight the section titled Your Apps & Channels (the second row after Recent)
Navigate to the right until you see the Pluto TV icon. Click the icon to open the app
Please note that if you have more than 20 installed, you will not find Pluto TV in this row on the FireStick home screen. You will need to expand the section Your Apps & Channels
In the same row, you can click See All either in the far right or far left
Scroll down to the last row when this list of apps is displayed and open the Pluto TV app
You may also shift the Pluto TV app to the FireStick home screen for quick access if you think you will use it frequently. Simply use the menu key on your remote. It is the key with 3 horizontal lines (next to the Home key)
This popup is displayed in the lower-right corner of the TV
Click Move and shift the Pluto TV icon to the first or second row on the top
This is the main screen of the Pluto TV FireStick app
As you see, there are three categories in the left menu:
- Live TV: To watch live TV channels
- Free Movies & TV Shows: For on-demand movies and series
- Activate: To sign in to the app with your Pluto TV account
Live TV on Pluto TV
Live TV is the default selection on the Pluto TV app. You can also see the list of the channels and the TV guide or EPG. Select and click the channel you want to stream.
The selected channel will play in the preview window on the top-right. Press the Play/pause button on your remote for the full-screen mode
To activate subtitles, press the down button on during the playback. Click the CC option on the bottom-right corner
Choose the subtitle language and press the OK or Select button on your remote
Free Movies & TV Shows on Pluto TV
Click Free Movies & TV Shows in the left menu on the main screen of the Pluto TV FireStick app. You will see the categories on the right. Scroll down to explore various categories for movies and TV shows.
Select a movie title. It will play in the preview window on the top-right. Click the title or press the Play/pause button on the remote for full-screen mode
When you click a TV show, you can browse and choose the seasons and episodes
During the video playback, press the down key on the remote to view more options in the bottom-right corner
You can pause the video, rewind or forward it by 15 seconds at a time, and choose subtitles
How to Activate Pluto TV on Firestick
You can use the Pluto TV FireStick app without signing in to your account. However, it would be a good idea to use the app signed in. It will sync your watchlist and preferences across all Pluto TV supported platforms. Also, when signed-in, you can use many online remote functions in the Pluto TV Control Center (more about it later).
Here is how you can sign in:
1. Click Activate in the left menu on the main screen of Pluto TV
2. A code is displayed on the top (a combination of numbers and letters)
3. Go to pluto.tv/activate on a computer or mobile
Enter the activation code displayed on your TV in the webpage
4. If you already have a Pluto TV account, click SIGN IN (and log in with your email address and password or sign in with your Google ID)
If you do not have a Pluto TV account, you can register now
You can fill-up the form and register with your email address
Click Create Account to proceed
You can sign up and sign in with your Google ID
5. Once you are signed in, you can customize the Pluto TV experience online
On a computer or mobile, go to http://my.pluto.tv/control-center
Make sure you are signed in with your Pluto TV account
Here are the options:
- Activate: Lets you activate new devices and manage the already activated devices. You can also sign out of any device from here. If you want to sign out of your existing Pluto TV account on Pluto TV FireStick app, this is where you can do it
- Remote: Lets you control Pluto TV app remotely from a web browser (elaborated in a separate section)
- Edit Channels: Lets you remove channels from the app or mark channels as favorites (elaborated in a separate section)
- Settings: Lets you update email, change Pluto TV password, and contact Pluto TV support. Also lets you log out from your Pluto TV account on your web browser
How to install Pluto TV on Android TV (TV Boxes and Smart TVs)
You can install Pluto TV directly from the Google Play Store on Android TV devices.
It works on stock Android boxes as well as Android TV OS Boxes (Nvidia Shield, Mi Box)
Follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store on your TV device
- Search for the Pluto TV app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
Pluto TV has the same interface for Android TV OS and FireStick. On stock Android TV Boxes, you may need to change the orientation from landscape to portrait. That’s because stock boxes use mobile Android OS and usually open the apps in the portrait mode.
How to install Pluto TV on Android Mobiles (Phones & Tablets)
Pluto TV is available on the Google Play Store for Android mobile devices. Here are the steps:
- Go to Google Play Store
- Look up for the Pluto TV app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
How to install Pluto TV on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
You can install Pluto TV on iPhone and other iOS devices from the Apple App Store. Follow the steps below:
- Access the Apple App Store
- Search for Pluto TV
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the Pluto TV app
You can now run the app from the home screen of your iOS device.
How to use Pluto TV on Windows PC and Mac OS
You can stream Pluto TV on Windows and Mac computers in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
Open the following link in a web browser and start streaming: https://pluto.tv/live-tv/tv-land-drama
If you have Mac OSX 10.7 or higher, you can download the Pluto TV Mac app on your computer from the official website. Follow these steps:
– Go to the following link in a web browser on your Mac (Safari browser is recommended as it will auto-mount the file)
– Click the Download Pluto TV link
– When the DMG file has downloaded, drag the file into the Application folder
– Wait for it to install
– Open the Pluto TV app and start streaming
How to install Pluto TV Kodi Addon
Pluto TV has an official Kodi addon as well. You can download it from the official Kodi Add-on Repository. This add-on lets you use this service on the Kodi devices that do not have a supported Pluto TV app, such as Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Here are the steps to install Pluto TV addon on Kodi:
1. On the home screen of Kodi, click the Settings option (under the Kodi logo in the top-left corner)
2. Click Add-ons on the next window
3. Click Install from repository next
4. Click Kodi Add-ons Repository on the next screen. If you don’t see Kodi Add-ons Repository, skip to the next step
5. Scroll down and choose Video add-ons
6. Scroll down again. Find and click Pluto.TV
Note: There are lots of addons here and finding Pluto TV by scrolling could be a bit difficult. You may click Options in the bottom-left corner of the screen. When the sidebar menu slides out from the left, click Filter and look up for the Pluto Kodi addon.
7. Click Install on the window that follows
8. Click OK on this popup window
9. Wait until the Pluto.TV Add-on installed message is displayed in the top-right corner of the screen
10. Press the back button several times to get back to the home screen of Kodi
Navigate to Add-ons > Video add-ons
Click Pluto.TV addon icon
11- You should now see this prompt
If you have a Pluto TV account, click Sign in and sign in with your credentials
If you don’t have an account, click Guest to continue
12. This is the main screen of the Pluto TV Kodi addon. You can start streaming now
Pluto TV is a great option to watch dozens of live TV channels and tons of movies and shows for free. This app is a hundred percent legal and available through all the major official app stores like Play Store, Apple Store, Amazon App Store.Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More