In this guide, I will explain how to install FilmPlus on FireStick & Android TV boxes. The installation instructions work on Fire TV Cube, FireStick 4K, and Fire TV 2nd Generation. They also work on Android devices such as the NVIDIA Shield, Chromecast, and MECOOL box.
FilmPlus is an app that provides users with a huge collection of on-demand content to stream, like TV shows and movies.
The streaming app is a clone of the legendary Terrarium TV app, which has long gone defunct. Like the much-loved Terrarium TV, FilmPlus pulls high-quality links from hosting websites and makes them handily available for its users. The movies and shows in its content library are available in HD, Full HD, and 4K resolutions.
FilmPlus is relatively new to the scene. Still, in the short time that it’s been around, it has already gathered an impressive following of users excited by its Terrarium-based interface, which is user-friendly, smooth, and modern. FilmPlus also offers excellent streaming speeds, robust movie and TV show lists, and splendid search functionality.
In addition, it’s entirely free, and users do not need to register or subscribe to use the app. FilmPlus’s operations are kept running by ads. Users can download movies or TV shows with just a click and save them to their devices to watch anytime.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install FilmPlus on FireStick
FilmPlus is a third-party app. As a result, it is not available on the Amazon App Store. What this means is it cannot be downloaded directly—it has to be sideloaded onto your FireStick. While the term may sound technical, sideloading is not a difficult process. It is the manual installation of an app on your FireStick.
I will show you how to sideload FilmPlus APK on your FireStick using an app called Downloader. Please follow the steps below.
1. On your FireStick home screen, select Find.
2. Select Search from the menu that pops up.
3. Use your remote to start typing Downloader or to search by voice. After you type a few letters, the Downloader will appear as a suggested search below the virtual keyboard. Select it.
4. Find Downloader among the search results, under Apps and Games. You can easily identify the app with its orange background.
5. Select Download or Get to install the app.
6. Once the Downloader is installed, press and hold the home button on your remote. Select Settings.
7. Select My Fire TV from the options displayed.
8. Click Developer Options on the next screen.
9. Depending on the OS version of your FireStick, you’ll see either Apps from Unknown Sources or Install Unknown Apps. In either case, it is off by default and we need to turn it on. If you see Apps from Unknown Sources, scroll to it and select it to turn it on.
10. If you see Install unknown apps, scroll to it and select it.
11. On the next screen, the permission will be off for Downloader. Scroll to Downloader and select it to turn the permission on.
Using Downloader to Download FilmPlus APK
To download FilmPlus using Downloader, follow these steps:
1. Open Downloader from your FireStick home screen or app list. On the Downloader home screen, select the Enter a URL box.
2. Type in https://bit.ly/filmplus119 and click Go.
3. Wait a minute for FilmPlus APK to be downloaded to your FireStick.
4. An installation prompt will display on your screen. Click Install. Give it a minute to install.
5. When the app has been fully installed, you will see a confirmation message. Don’t click open just yet. Instead, click DONE to return to the Downloader app.
6. Select Delete to delete the FilmPlus APK file. You already used the file to install FilmPlus, so you no longer need it. Deleting it will save space on your FireStick.
7. Select Delete again to confirm the deletion of the APK file.
That’s it. You have now successfully downloaded and installed FilmPlus APK on your FireStick using Downloader.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Install FilmPlus on Android TV Box
If you use an Android TV box, follow the steps below to install FilmPlus. Like with a FireStick, you need Downloader to install apps like FilmPlus on your Android TV.
1. On your home screen, go to Apps.
2. Navigate to Get More Apps.
3. Click the search icon.
4. An on-screen keyboard will appear. Using your remote, type in Downloader.
5. Select Downloader.
6. Select Install to initiate the installation process.
7. When Downloader has been installed, go back to your home screen.
8. Go to Settings.
9. Under settings, select Security & Restrictions.
10. Select the toggle button to enable Unknown Sources for Downloader.
11. Go back to Apps on the home screen and launch Downloader.
12. In the URL box that appears on your screen, type this URL: https://bit.ly/filmplus119
13. Click Go to download FilmPlus.
14. Wait a couple of minutes while the app downloads.
15. When it has downloaded, select Install.
16. When FilmPlus has been installed, select Done to go back and delete the APK file, or select Open to use the app.
How to Use FilmPlus on FireStick and Android TV Box
When you first launch the FilmPlus app, you will receive a prompt that asks if the app can access photos, media, and files on your device. FilmPlus needs this permission to work optimally on your device, so select Allow.
There is no need to create an account before using FilmPlus. It is also completely free, so you will not be prompted to pay before you can use the app. By default, the app’s home page displays TV shows. If you are prompted to update the app, select UPDATE.
As I mentioned, FilmPlus is based on the Terrarium TV app, which was incredibly user-friendly. Similarly, FilmPlus is easy to use. To access the app’s main menu, select the hamburger menu button in the top-left corner of your screen.
It opens a list of tabs containing TV Shows, Movies, and Favorites, as well as TV Calendar, Downloads, and Settings.
You can use the TV Shows and Movies tabs when you’re looking specifically for one or the other. The Favorites tab lists the content that you’ve saved within the app. It can be accessed quickly on the home screen by selecting the star icon in the top-right hand corner of the screen.
In the app’s Settings, you’ll find an array of options to help you customize and enjoy your experience. You can tweak the subtitles, choose your default media player, and integrate Real-Debrid, AllDebrid, or Premiumize, among other features. We’ll talk more about Real-Debrid in a bit.
To the right of the hamburger menu button is Discover. Select the inverted arrow to explore the content available on FilmPlus. It is sorted into different categories, such as Trending, Popular, and Top Rated, which helps you filter through the collection of movies and TV shows.
In the top-right corner is the Search feature, represented by a magnifying glass icon. This feature helps you find specific movies and TV shows. When you select the icon, you can use your remote to type on the virtual keyboard that appears.
How to Integrate Real-Debrid on FilmPlus
Real-Debrid is an online service that offers subscribers access to restricted content that usually requires payment. According to its website, it is an “unrestricted downloader,” allowing users to add additional sources to their content lists.
FireStick comes with support for Real-Debrid, which means you can get loads of movie and TV streams that would ordinarily be restricted. You get them in high quality too.
Real-Debrid is a premium service, so you must pay to use it. You can register here. After registering, follow these steps to integrate Real-Debrid on FilmPlus:
1. Launch FilmPlus on your FireStick and select the hamburger menu button in the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down to and select Settings.
3. Select Login to Real-Debrid.
4. Take note of the activation code that appears on the screen. You need it for the next step.
5. On your desktop or mobile device, open a web browser and navigate to https://real-debrid.com/device. When the page opens, type your activation code into the box and click Continue.
Real-Debrid has now been set up on your FireStick, and you’re ready to access many more high-quality streaming links.
Overview of FilmPlus Features
FilPlus has a large repository of movie and TV shows as well as special features to give you some of the best viewing experiences that you can find on any entertainment app on the FireStick and Android TV Box. These are the FilmPlus features that I find to be the most impressive:
- Huge collection of TV shows and movies
- High-quality content available in HD (720p), full HD (1080p), and 4K
- Entirely free to use
- Support for Real-Debrid, Premiumize, and AllDebrid
- Offline Mode for downloaded content
- Multi-language subtitles
- The Favorites section for all the content you love
- Notifications for new episodes of TV shows
- Modern and easy-to-use interface
- Support for Chromecast
Is FilmPlus Legal and Safe to Use?
FilmPlus may be a popular streaming app, but it is not available on official app stores, such as Google Play, the Apple App Store, and the Amazon App Store. As expected, this raises eyebrows, with users wondering whether the app is legal and safe to use.
FilmPlus does not host any of the content that is available in the app. Instead, it pulls the links for movies and TV shows from host websites. As a result, it grants you access to content that may be copyright-protected.
FireStickTricks.com does not have the resources to independently verify the legal status of every piece of content on FilmPlus. If you stream content that is not protected by copyright licenses, you should not run into any legal trouble for using the app. We strongly discourage the illegal streaming of unlicensed content.
Unfortunately, it can be difficult to differentiate between a legitimate licensed source and an illegal one. Therefore, I recommend using a good VPN like ExpressVPN when you stream with FilmPlus. A good VPN hides your online identity, keeping your activity anonymous. This protects you from getting into trouble with your ISP or the authorities in case you unknowingly stream copyright-protected content.
FilmPlus is a streaming app that grants you access to an enormous collection of TV shows and movies. It is a functional version of the incredibly popular Terrarium TV app, sporting a similar interface. FilmPlus APK pulls links for a host of high-quality video content, which can be further enhanced using Real-Debrid.
This guide taught you how to install FilmPlus APK on FireStick and Android TV boxes. Our method involved using the Downloader app to sideload FilmPlus. This method works on FireStick devices including FireStick 4K, Fire TV 2nd/3rd Generation, and Fire TV Cube. It also works on Android devices such as the NVIDIA Shield, Chromecast, and MECOOL box.
- How to Install UK Turks App on FireStick
- How to Install Thunder TV on FireStick
- How to Install Syncler on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More