This post will show you how to install Peacock TV on FireStick. The steps provided in this guide will work on all the Amazon Fire TV devices, including FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube.
Peacock TV is a US-based, over-the-top streaming service from NBCUniversal. This service features all the original content from NBCUniversal Studios and tons of third-party syndicated content. You can also watch a lot of on-demand movies and shows. In addition, it also lets you stream Live TV.
Peacock TV is one of the affordable ways to watch your favorite content on FireStick and other devices, including Xbox One, Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, and more.
As of January 01, 2022, Peacock TV has more than 28 million subscribers in the US. However, it is presently available only in the United States, United Kingdom, Austria, Ireland, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy.
Peacock TV is a great streaming option for your FireStick. Therefore, we have included it on our list of Best Apps for FireStick.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Sign up for Peacock TV
Before you watch Peacock TV on FireStick, you must sign up for a subscription.
Go to the Official Website of Peacock TV to start the signup process.
Peacock TV offers three plans:
- Peacock: Free of Cost
- Peacock Premium: $4.99 per month
- Peacock Premium Plus (ad-free): $9.99 per month
Both paid plans offer a 7-Day Free Trial to new customers.
Note: If you are a subscriber of Xfinity or Cox, you may already have access to Peacock Premium for no extra cost
The paid plans are also available for yearly subscription as follows (click the option See Annual Plans at the bottom right of the webpage):
- Peacock Premium: $49.99 per year
- Peacock Premium Plus (ad-free): $99.99 per year
To view what’s included in each plan, click the option Show plan details
Once you choose the desired plan, you must create an account on the next page with your email address and a password.
Once you do that, you will receive a confirmation email from Peacock. You will need to click the link in the email to verify your email address.
That’s it. You have successfully subscribed to Peacock TV for FireStick and other devices. So let’s get started with the installation process.
How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick
You can install Peacock TV in a couple of ways:
- Directly from the Amazon App Store (if you live in one of the regions served).
- Sideload it through the Downloader app (to unblock it in your region).
Firstly, I will show you how to install the Peacock TV app from the Amazon App Store.
In the second method, I will take you through the steps to install the app through the Downloader app. Let’s get started.
Method 1: Install Peacock TV on FireStick from Amazon Store
Follow the steps below to get Peacock TV on FireStick from the Amazon Store. Again, this method will work only if you live in the USA and other regions Peacock TV serves. For any other country/location, please skip to Method 2, provided in the next section.
1. From your Firestick home screen, go to Find > Search.
2. Now, search for Peacock TV using a virtual keyboard or voice option on your Firestick remote. Select Peacock TV from the suggestion list.
3. Select Peacock TV under Apps and Games. You may need to scroll down a bit.
4. Click Download or Get.
5. Wait for the download and installation to finish.
6. You have successfully installed Peacock TV! Launch the app and start streaming.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
Method 2: How to Sideload Peacock TV on FireStick
If Peacock TV is unavailable via your region’s Amazon Store, you can always sideload it using the steps I have provided below.
Here is what we are going to do today:
- Install the Downloader app
- Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
- Sideload Peacock TV on FireStick
Install the Downloader App
Downloader is the app we use to sideload apps on Amazon FireStick. You can get this app from the Amazon Store.
Follow the steps below:
1. Click Find on the home screen of FireStick, followed by Search.
Note: If you are using the older version of Fire TV OS, click the magnifying glass icon in the top-left corner of the home screen to open the search window.
2. Type Downloader and click it in the search results. Click the Downloader icon/tile on the next window. Now, click Download or Get to install the Downloader app on FireStick.
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
You need to Enable Apps from Unknown Sources to allow sideloading apps on FireStick. You will find this option in the Settings. Here is how:
1. Click the Gear or Settings icon in the middle bar of the FireStick home screen.
2. Now, click My Fire TV.
3. Next, open the option Developer options.
4. Click Install Unknown Apps.
Note: If you still have the older version of FireStick, click Apps from Unknown Sources instead
5. Click Downloader in the results and make sure it says ON.
Note: For older FireStick OS versions, you will see a prompt on which you need to click YES
The Downloader app now has the permission to sideload apps on FireStick.
Install/Sideload Peacock TV on FireStick
Follow the steps below to install Peacock TV on Amazon Fire TV Stick:
1. Hold the Home key on your FireStick remote for a few seconds. Click Apps on this popup.
2. Find and open the Downloader app.
3. If you are using the Downloader app for the first time, you will see a couple of prompts. Dismiss the prompts to get to this screen. Select the URL text box with your remote and click it.
4. Enter the following URL and click Go:
Type the URL carefully to avoid any unnecessary problems later.
5. Now, wait for the Peacock TV APK to download on your FireStick. This takes a minute or two.
6. Next, click INSTALL in the bottom right corner when prompted.
7. Wait for the Peacock TV to install on FireStick. This takes a few seconds.
8. Click DONE when this prompt is displayed. We will open the app later. For now, we go back to the Downloader app and delete the Peacock TV APK file to clear up space.
9. Click Delete on this window.
10. Click Delete again when prompted.
Great! You have successfully installed Peacock TV on FireStick.
How to Watch Peacock TV on FireStick
Follow the steps below to access the app on your device:
Click the button with the 3 tiny squares (and a + sign) on the far right, in the middle bar on the FireStick home screen.
Scroll down to select the Peacock TV icon at the bottom. Click the icon to open the app.
If you wish to access the app from the home screen, click the 3-line button on the remote (the menu button). Click Move on the popup in the bottom right and drag and drop the Peacock TV icon in the first row.
Wait for the Peacock TV app to open.
Click Sign In in the top-right corner to log in to the app (if you haven’t signed up yet, the steps are provided above).
You may now use the on-screen keyboard to enter your account email address and password to sign in to the Peacock TV app on FireStick.
If you wish to sign in through your phone (or computer), click Activate on Your Phone button at the bottom.
On any web browser of your choice on a computer or mobile, go to peacocktv.com/tv
Enter the code provided on your FireStick window.
Note: You will be asked to log in with your Peacock TV account in your browser if you haven’t done that already
This is the home screen of the Peacock TV app for FireStick. You can see multiple categories on the top. By default, the Browse category is selected when you open the app.
You may explore other categories, including Channels, Trending, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, News, Sports, and Latino.
How to Update Peacock App on FireStick
If you have downloaded Peacock TV from the App Store, it will update on its own. Ensure the Automatic Updates option is turned on in the FireStick Settings. Go to FireStick Settings > Applications > Appstore > Automatic Updates to turn it ON. By default, the Automatic Updates are turned on.
If you have sideloaded Peacock TV (method 2), you get an error on the app, and it asks for an update, you can directly visit this page and follow these steps:
1. Uninstall the Peacock TV APK.
2. Follow the fresh installation steps given above (method 2).
3. Voila, your Peacock app is now updated with the latest version.
So, this is how you can watch Peacock TV on FireStick. This app features tons of high-quality content for hours of entertainment. The Peacock TV app is also now available on the Amazon Store.
- How to install the best VPN for Firestick
- How to Jailbreak a Firestick
- How to install Discovery Plus on Firestick
- How to install HBO Max on Firestick
- How to Install Airy TV on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More