In this post, I will show you how to install Peacock TV on FireStick. The steps provided in this guide will work on all the Amazon Fire TV devices, including FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube.
Peacock TV is a US-based, over-the-top streaming service from NBCUniversal. This service features all the original content from NBC as well as tons of syndicated content. You can also watch a lot of on-demand movies and shows. In addition, it also lets you stream Live TV.
Peacock TV is one of the affordable ways to watch your favorite content on FireStick and other devices, including Xbox One, Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, and more.
As of October 29, 2020, Peacock TV has more than 22 million subscribers in the US.
Peacock TV is a great streaming option for your FireStick. Therefore, we have also included it on our list of Best Apps for FireStick.
Attention FireStick Users
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users' online activities. If you use third-party streaming apps on your Fire TV Stick, you should always use a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so that your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone.
I use ExpressVPN which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don't like their service, you can always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you can get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
How to Sign up for Peacock TV
Before you watch Peacock TV on FireStick, you will need to sign up for a subscription.
Go to the Official Website of Peacock TV to start the signup process.
Peacock TV currently offers 3 plans:
- Peacock: Free of Cost
- Peacock Premium: $4.99 per month
- Peacock Premium Plus (ad-free): $9.99 per month
Both paid plans offer a 7-Day Free Trial to new customers.
Note: If you are a subscriber of Xfinity or Cox, you may already have access to Peacock Premium for no extra cost
The paid plans are also available for yearly subscription as follows (click the option See Annual Plans at the bottom right of the webpage):
- Peacock Premium: $49.99 per year
- Peacock Premium Plus (ad-free): $99.99 per year
To view what’s included in each plan, click the option Show plan details
Once you choose the desired plan, you are required to create an account on the next page with your email address and a password.
Once you do that, you will receive a confirmation email from Peacock. You will need to click the link in the email to verify your email address.
That’s it. You have successfully subscribed to Peacock TV for FireStick and other devices. Let’s get started with the installation process.
How to Install Peacock TV on FireStick
Even though Peacock TV is officially available on various platforms, it is yet not available via the Amazon App Store. Therefore, we will sideload this app on your FireStick.
Here is what we are going to do today:
- Install the Downloader app
- Allow Apps from Unknown Sources
- Sideload Peacock TV on FireStick
Install the Downloader App
Downloader is the app we use to sideload apps on Amazon FireStick. You can get this app from the Amazon Store.
Follow the steps below:
1. Click Find on the home screen of FireStick followed by Search
Note: If you are using the older version of Fire TV OS, click the magnifying glass icon in the top-left corner of the home screen to open the search window
2. Type Downloader and click it in the search results
Click the Downloader icon/tile on the next window
Now, click Download or Get to install the Downloader app on FireStick
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
You need to Enable Apps from Unknown Sources to allow sideloading of apps on FireStick. You will find this option in the Settings. Here is how:
1. Click the Gear or Settings icon in the middle bar of the FireStick home screen
2. Now, click My Fire TV
3. Next, open the option Developer options
4. Click Install Unknown Apps
Note: If you still have the older version of FireStick, click Apps from Unknown Sources instead
5. Click Downloader in the results and make sure it says ON
Note: For older FireStick OS versions, you will see a prompt on which you need to click YES
The Downloader app now has the permission to sideload apps on FireStick.
Install/Sideload Peacock TV on FireStick
Follow the steps below to install Peacock TV on Amazon Fire TV Stick:
1. Hold down the Home key on your FireStick remote for a few seconds. Click Apps on this popup
2. Find and open the Downloader app
3. If you are using the Downloader app for the first time, you will see a couple of prompts. Dismiss the prompts to get to this screen
Select the URL text box with your remote and click it
4. Enter the following URL and click Go:
Type the URL carefully to avoid any unnecessary problems later
5. Now, simply wait for the Peacock TV APK to download on your FireStick. This takes a minute or two.
6. Next, click INSTALL in the bottom right corner when prompted
7. Wait for the Peacock TV to install on FireStick. This takes a few seconds.
8. Click DONE when this prompt is displayed. We will open the app later. For now, we go back to the Downloader app and delete the Peacock TV APK file to clear up space
9. Click Delete on this window
10. Click Delete again when prompted
Great! You have successfully installed Peacock TV on FireStick.
How to Watch Peacock TV on FireStick
Follow the steps below to access the app on your device:
Click the button with the 3 tiny dots on the far right, in the middle bar on the FireStick home screen
Scroll down to select the Peacock TV icon at the bottom. Click the icon to open the app
If you wish to access the app from the home screen, click the 3-line button on the remote (the menu button).
Click Move on the popup in the bottom right and drag and drop the Peacock TV icon in the first row.
Wait for the Peacock TV app to open
Click Sign In in the top-right corner to log in to the app (if you haven’t signed up yet, the steps are provided above)
You may now use the on-screen keyboard to enter your account email address and password in order to sign in to the Peacock TV app on FireStick
If you wish to sign in through your phone (or computer), click Activate on Your Phone button at the bottom
On any web browser of your choice on a computer or mobile, go to peacocktv.com/tv
Enter the code provided on your FireStick window
Note: You will be asked to log in with your Peacock TV account in your browser if you haven’t done that already
This is the home screen of the Peacock TV app for FireStick. You can see multiple categories on the top. By default, the Browse category is selected when you open the app
You may explore other categories, including Channels, Trending, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, News, Sports, and Latino.
How to Update Peacock App on FireStick
As you are already aware, the Peacock app for FireStick is not available on the official Amazon App Store yet. Unfortunately, that means you can’t update the Peacock app directly from App settings.
When you get an error on the app, and it asks for an update, you can directly visit this page and follow these steps:
1. Uninstall the Peacock TV APK.
2. Follow the fresh installation steps given above.
3. Voila, your Peacock app is now updated with the latest version.
So, this is how you can watch Peacock TV on FireStick. This app features tons of high-quality content for hours of entertainment. Even though it is not available on Amazon Store yet, you can easily sideload it on any Fire TV device of your choice.
- How to install the best VPN for Firestick
- How to Jailbreak a Firestick
- How to install Discovery Plus on Firestick
- How to install HBO Max on Firestick
- How to Install Airy TV on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More