In this post, I will show you how to install Maverick Builds on Kodi. These builds are designed for any device that supports Kodi, such as Fire TV, FireStick, Android TV, Mobiles, Computers, Raspberry Pi, and more.
The Maverick Wizard comes with a variety of builds for Kodi. There are lightweight as well as feature-loaded builds for all sorts of devices.
Even though Maverick Builds aren’t the greatest, they are still good enough to be part of our list of featured Kodi Builds.
The builds come with a range of preinstalled Kodi addons. Many of these addons are already included in our list of Best Addons.
How to install Maverick Builds on Kodi
This installation will be a 2-part process. Here is what we will do:
- Turn on Unknown Sources to allow the installation
- Install the Maverick Build
Part 1: Turn on Unknown Sources to allow installation of Maverick Kodi Builds
Follow the steps below to enable the Unknown Sources:
Go to the top-left corner of the home screen of Kodi
1. Click Settings (it is the gear or cog icon)
2. Now, navigate to the option System and open it on the next window
3. Click the option Add-ons in the left menu on the following screen
4. You are going to see the Unknown Sources on the right section of the same screen
If the option is disabled or OFF, click it and turn it ON (if it is already on, leave it as is)
5. You should now see the following dialog box
Go ahead and click Yes to proceed
You have successfully enabled Unknown Sources. We get to the installation part now.
Part 2: Install Maverick Kodi Builds
In this section, we will cover the complete set of installation steps for the Maverick Builds on Kodi.
Here we go:
1. On the home screen of Kodi, go ahead and click Settings one more time
2. Now, go ahead and open the option File manager
3. It will open the following window (image below)
Click Add Source as you see here (or double click if you are using a computer)
4. The following dialog box pops up. Here, we are going to click where it says <None>
5. This window lets you type in the source URL from where the Mavericks Kodi builds are installed.
Type in the following URL and make sure there are no typos: https://dejavurepo.github.io
6. You must now be on this window again
This time, we are going to offer a custom name to the media source we added
Choose any name or type in maverick like I am doing
7. Press the back button (or back key) or open the Settings window again from the Kodi home screen
8. Choose the option Install from zip file on the next screen
9. This popup window will now display the custom media source name you added earlier
Click it (maverick in our case)
10. This screen displays the repository zip file
Go ahead and click repository.DejaVu-x.x.x.zip
The file version number may differ from what you see here
11. Wait for a few seconds. You will see the DejaVu Repo installation notification message in the top-right corner soon
12. Now, we access the installed repository by clicking Install from repository
13. Next, click DejaVu Repo
14. On the following screen, click Program add-ons
15. Click Maverick Wizard on the next window
16. Near the bottom-left, click Install
17. Maverick Wizard is now installing. Wait for a couple of minutes.
You will see the Maverick Wizard Add-on installed message in the top-right corner shortly.
18. You should now see the following prompt
Click Continue or press the back button
19. You also see the following dialog box or prompt
Again, press the back button
20. Keep pressing the back button until you see the home screen of Kodi. On the home screen, click Add-ons in the left menu
21. Now, just highlight Program add-ons on the left (but don’t click it)
On the right, click Maverick Wizard (check the image below)
22. When the following interface appears, click the Builds button in the top-left corner
23. You will find all the available Maverick Kodi builds in the left menu. Click the build you want to install.
I am going with Maverick Only Build
24. On the right, you can see the brief summary of the chosen build
Click Fresh Install (recommended) to install the Maverick Kodi build
Note: You may also click Install but it might not work as well
25. Confirm your intent by clicking Yes when prompted
26. The chosen Maverick Kodi build now downloads. It may take a few minutes depending upon the size of the build
27. When the build has fully downloaded, it will install itself automatically
Again, this may take a few minutes
28. Once the installation is complete, the following prompt may be displayed to Force Close Kodi
Click OK to continue
You have successfully installed one of the available Maverick builds on Kodi.
How to use the Maverick Kodi Builds on Kodi
If you are a regular user of Kodi builds, Maverick Kodi builds will seem quite familiar. You will get accustomed to them almost instantly.
If you happen to be a new user, Maverick builds could be a decent option to get introduced to the world of Kodi builds.
For demonstration purposes, we installed the Maverick Only Build.
Relaunch the Kodi app once the build has installed. The build will load up automatically.
This is how the home screen of Kodi will look like with a Maverick build.
If you have opened the build for the first time, I recommend you leave it for a few minutes. On the first run, the build updates itself and the addons.
You will find various video add-ons here. You can also install more addons on your Kodi build anytime you want to.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
Maverick Kodi Builds is a collection of various Kodi builds. This collection contains builds that are lightweight for low-spec devices as well as feature-rich for high-end devices. The builds also feature many pre-installed add-ons. Go ahead and install your favorite build and let us know how you like it via the comments section below.
- How to Install Supreme Builds Wizard on Kodi
- How to Install Kodi on Amazon FireStick
- How to Install NitronX Kodi Build
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More