In this guide, I’ll show you how to install MP3 Streams on your Kodi app. You can apply the instructions in this article to any device or operating system that supports Kodi, like Amazon FireStick, Windows PC, macOS, Android, Android TV boxes, Linux, and more. Furthermore, you can install the addon on Kodi 18 Leia or Kodi 19 Matrix.
The majority of users know about the video supremacy of Kodi, as video addons on Kodi are highlighted all the time. However, there’s a different side of Kodi that’s also applaudable and quite useful for a certain audience. I’m talking about the audio experience on Kodi.
In this article, I’ll take you through the audio journey of using the famous MP3 Streams Kodi addon. Background information, the installation procedure, a walkthrough of the addon—you name it, I’ll cover it. Let’s jump in!
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
What Is MP3 Streams?
MP3 Streams takes you back to the good old-fashioned world when you only had access to the audio of songs rather than intricate music videos.
With MP3 Streams, you can stream your favorite songs/albums, explore artists and genres, check out leaderboards, create playlists, and more. Want to know the best part? Everything is completely free!
The MP3 Streams library is HUGE! Whether you are looking to play a song from the 80s or a recent hit, this addon has everything. Also, you’ll find covers of your favorite songs, collaborations among multiple artists, and everything in between.
You are just a download away from true audio greatness! Use the instructions a bit later in this guide to install MP3 Streams and explore a new world of music.
Is MP3 Streams Safe & Legal?
Safety and legality are two different issues. I’ll shed light on both of them separately.
First, let’s discuss safety. MP3 Streams is hosted in a reputable repository, SGKODI Repository. The developers of the repo have been in the game for a long time, and since the beginning, no user has ever complained about any security issues.
Just to be sure, I ran a scan on the addon and found nothing worrying. The scan of the SGKODI Repository came up 100% safe. Here’s the proof:
Next up, we have the concern of legality. As MP3 Streams is hosted on a third-party repository instead of an official one, it can be considered to exist in a gray area. It’s not definitively legal or illegal. It depends on what content you access with the addon and whether that content is legal to stream in your region. At FireStickTricks.com, we don’t have the resources to determine its true status for each individual user.
FireStickTricks.com is strictly against content piracy, and we don’t encourage or promote it to any degree. You’re responsible for avoiding illegal content. But in case you end up making an honest mistake, I recommend using ExpressVPN to help yourself stay safe and to enjoy content worry-free.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install MP3 Streams on Kodi
Let’s jump in and see how you can install MP3 Streams on any Kodi-supported device. I have split this section into three parts so you can easily follow along. Make sure not to skip any steps, as that could cause problems during the installation of MP3 Streams.
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
MP3 Streams is a third-party Kodi addon residing in a third-party repo. So, in order to install it, we’ll have to enable Unknown Sources in the Kodi application. This will allow us to add any third-party repo.
By default, Unknown Sources are turned off in Kodi, mainly to safeguard new users from potentially malicious addons. However, MP3 Streams is safe and secure to download, so we can turn on the option without any problems.
So, here’s how:
1. On Kodi’s home, click on the settings gear in the top-left corner.
2. You’ll land on the settings page. Then, open System located on the bottom-right of your screen.
3. On the next screen, scroll down on the left panel and go to Add-ons.
4. You’ll see multiple options on the right-hand side. Select Unknown sources and turn it on.
5. You’ll receive a warning message from Kodi regarding your safety and security. Click Yes to continue.
6. Now, on Kodi 19 Matrix, if you want to update third-party addons/repos automatically the same way official ones are updated automatically, you have to enable another option.
Select the Update official add-ons from option just below Unknown sources.
7. A new window will appear. Select Any repositories.
Part 2: Install the Repository with MP3 Streams
As MP3 Streams is hosted in SGKODI Repository, you’ll have to install it first. So this part shows how you can load the SGKODI Repository on your Kodi app. Once we’re done with this part, we’ll be able to access the MP3 Streams addon. So, here’s how you do it:
1. On Kodi’s home page, click on the settings gear to go to the settings page.
2. On the settings page, click on File manager located on the top-left side of your screen.
3. On the file manager screen, scroll down and select Add source. Since I’m demonstrating the process on a clean Kodi app, this option is visible near the middle of the screen. If you have other repositories added here, Add source will be lower, at the end of the list.
4. Click on the area that says <None>.
5. Now, enter the URL http://sgkodi.de/SGK-Repo and click on the OK button to save it. Make sure you enter the URL exactly as shown here.
Note: FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own or host the SGKODI Repository. We aren’t associated with the repository in any way.
6. The name SGK-Repo may automatically appear under the Enter a name for this media source option. If it’s not already there, select the text box, enter that name, and click OK.
7. Once you are done adding the name, click on the OK button to save the source.
8. You’ll see that you have successfully added SGK-Repo to the source list.
9. Use your back button to return to the settings page. Click on the Add-ons tile.
10. On the following page, click Install from zip file.
11. On Kodi 19 Matrix, you’ll see a warning. Read it and click Yes to continue.
12. A window will appear. Click SGK-Repo.
13. Next up, you’ll see the file repository.sgkodi-x.x.x.zip. Click on it to start the installation process for the repository.
Note: The repository version changes from time to time. Select the file even if the numbers are different than shown below.
14. After a few seconds, the SGKODI Repository will be available on your Kodi app. Just wait for the notification SGKODI REPOSITORY Add-on installed in the top-right of your screen.
Part 3: Install MP3 Streams
We’ve turned on unknowns sources and added the repository we need. Now, it’s time to install the MP3 Streams Kodi addon. So, here’s how it breaks down:
1. On the same screen, select Install from repository.
2. Next, scroll down and select SGKODI REPOSITORY.
3. On the next page, scroll down and select Music add-ons.
4. You’ll come across a lot of music addons, mostly in alphabetical order. Scroll down to the M section and select MP3 Streams.
5. MP3 Streams’ dashboard will appear. Click Install, located on the bottom right.
6. Wait for Kodi to download and install MP3 Streams on your device.
7. Once it’s done, a notification will pop up on the top-right saying MP3 Streams Add-on installed.
That’s all! You have successfully loaded the famous MP3 Streams addon on your Kodi app.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use MP3 Streams
I believe in providing valuable content to my readers, so I won’t just leave you with the installation guide. Below is a detailed walkthrough of how to use the MP3 Streams Kodi addon.
To launch MP3 Streams, go to Kodi’s home page and select the Add-ons tab.
Then, go Music add-ons, and there you’ll see the MP3 Streams addon. Click on the logo to launch it.
After that, wait for a few seconds to let the add-on load. Once it’s done, you’ll be welcomed to its home page. There are a total of 14 different sections on MP3 Streams’ home screen.
Here’s the complete list of all the available sections:
- Top Albums
- New Albums
- Billboard Charts
- Search Artists
- Search Albums
- Search Songs
- Favourite Artists
- Favourite Albums
- Favourite Songs
- Instant Mix Favourite Songs (Shuffle and Play)
- Instant Mix Favorite Albums (Shuffle and Play)
- Clear Playlist
- Add ID3 Tags (Kodi 18 Only)
- Browse Alternate Source (Kodi 18 Only)
Exploring Artists Section in MP3 Streams
Are you looking forward to exploring the addon by artist? The Artists section is available right at the top.
Inside it, you’ll find up to 14 sub-folders for genres like World, Classical, Metal, Rock, R&B, Dance, Jazz, and Hip Hop. Also, you’ll find an All Artists sub-folder.
Next up, select a genre as per your preference. For instance, I’m choosing Hip Hop.
Inside, you’ll find the list of sub-fields of the genre. For Hip Hop, it’s Top Hip Hop Artists, Comedy Rap, East Coast Hip Hop, French Hip Hop, Religious Hip Hop, and others.
I decided to explore the simple Top Hip Hop Artists folder.
Inside it, I found a massive list of 81 artists qualifying for the Top Hip Hop Artists category. Check out the famous artists in the screenshot below.
Well, I chose a folder to see what was inside.
I found three tracks featuring the artists I selected. Feel free to check out other artists on the list, as well as other genres and sub-genres!
Exploring Top Albums Section in MP3 Streams
Do you want to explore the top music albums? There’s a separate section available for it on MP3 Streams.
Go to the MP3 Streams home screen and select Top Albums.
Next, there will be 15 sub-categories of the top albums, including World, Classical, Metal, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, and Dance. Select a category whose top albums you want to explore.
I’m just selecting the first option, Top Albums. This section will let me see all the top albums all around the world regardless of their genre.
Inside this folder, MP3 Streams has loaded 41 albums for me that are currently taking over the hearts of music lovers worldwide.
I’m selecting a random one as indicated in the screenshot below.
The add-on will ask if you would like to browse the songs or play the full album. So I’m selecting the Browse button.
All the songs in the album are now listed on the screen in album order.
To play a song, simply select it and it’ll start playing.
Checking Out Billboard Charts in MP3 Streams
Want to see what’s currently trending on Billboard charts for various genres? MP3 Streams has your back. There’s a separate Billboard Charts section available on the addon’s home screen.
Select it and you’ll see a list of 22 sub-sections, including BillBoard Hot 20 Singles, BillBoard 20 Albums, Top 100 Streaming Singles, Top 100 UK Singles, and Top 100 UK Albums.
You can select any folder that interests you. I’m selecting Top 40 Dance Singles.
Now, I’m shown a list of the top 40 dance singles that are currently on the worldwide Billboard. Feel free to pick and play any title you like. Who knows? You might find something worth adding to your playlist.
Searching for Songs in MP3 Streams
There’s a search feature available on MP3 Streams . To access it, scroll down on the addon’s home screen and select Search Songs.
Then, a window will pop up. Enter your search terms and click on the OK button. I’m searching for a popular song as you can see in the screenshot below.
After a few seconds, all the song titles matching the search terms will appear.
Now, scroll down and select the song you want to play. I’m selecting the popular song I wanted to find with my search term.
Adding Song to Favorites
You can create a playlist of your favorite songs on MP3 Streams. To do that, press and hold the select button on the title you want to add in your favorites. Then, scroll down and select Add to Favourite Songs.
A window will appear. Select Add New Group.
You’ll be asked to enter a name for the group(playlist). Enter a custom name and click on the OK button. You have successfully saved the song in the group you just created.
Now, to access the playlist, go to the MP3 Streams home page, scroll down, and select Favourite Songs.
After that, the Select Group window will appear. Pick the playlist you created!
Here’s the single song I added to this playlist. If you added more, all the songs you added will appear. Select one to start listening.
Update MP3 Streams On Kodi 19 Matrix
There’s a new update available for MP3 Streams on Kodi 19 Matrix. So, if you are using Kodi 19, here’s how you can update the add-on.
Note: The update for MP3 Streams is available in The Crew Repo, not in the SGKODI Repository.
1. Go to the Kodi home screen and click on the settings gear on the top left.
2. Click on File manager.
3. On the file manager screen, scroll down and select Add source.
4. When the window appears, click on the box labeled <None>.
5. Next, enter the URL http://team-crew.github.io and click on the OK button.
Note: FireStickTricks.com don’t host or own The Crew Repo. We aren’t associated with it in any way.
6. Now, click on the input box under Enter a name for this media source.
7. After that, enter the name crew. Once you are done, click on the OK button.
8. Click OK to save changes.
9. You’ll see that the crew repository has been added to your file manager list.
10. Now, press your back button once and click Add-ons.
11. On the next screen, select the Install from zip file option.
12. A warning will appear in Kodi 19. Click on the Yes button to continue.
13. Select crew, the name we just set for the repository.
14. Next, select repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip to start downloading and installing The Crew Repo.
Note: The repository version changes from time to time. Select the file even if the numbers are different than shown below.
15. Wait for a notification to appear on the top-right side of your screen saying THE CREW REPO Add-on installed.
16. After that, scroll up and click the Install from repository option.
17. On the next screen, scroll down and select THE CREW REPO.
18. Next, scroll down and select Music add-ons.
19. Select MP3 Streams.
20. The MP3 Streams dashboard will appear—select Version, located just next to the Install button.
21. A window will pop up. Now, select the first option, Version 2021.0.7 THE CREW REPO.
22. Wait for the addon to download the update.
23. Lastly, you’ll receive a notification on the top right side of your screen saying MP3 Streams Add-on updated.
And that’s a wrap! In this article, I showed you how to install and use MP3 Streams on your Kodi app. With MP3 Streams, you can download and stream your favorite songs for free. From the latest albums to chart-busters to collaborations, MP3 Streams has it all in one place for Kodi users.
So what are you waiting for? Install the MP3 Streams addon. Let me know which of your favorite songs you found on the addon. Also, if you have any comments about the addon or the installation process, feel free to leave them below. Till then, happy MP3 streaming!
- How to Install Chains Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install METV Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Seren Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More