In this tutorial, I will show you how to install Chain Reaction Kodi addon. I use an Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi 19.5 in this tutorial, but you can install the Chain Reaction addon on all Kodi-compatible devices, like Windows PC, Mac, smartphones, tablets, Fire TV, NVIDIA Shield, and all Amazon Fire TV products (including the Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, and FireStick 4K).
What is Chain Reaction Kodi Addon?
The Chain Reaction is the rebranded version of the erstwhile Chain addon. You can install this addon from the popular Crew Repository. With Chain, you can watch the latest movies, hit TV series, documentaries, and tons of other content that’s released on TV or the internet, all for free.
The Chain Kodi addon scrapes links to your favorite content from external sources on the internet.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is Chain Reaction Kodi Addon Safe and Legal?
The Chain Reaction Kodi addon streams many types of video content for its users. But is it safe and legal for you to download, install, and use the Chain Kodi addon? Users wonder about this because the Chain addon is available in the unofficial Crew Repository.
I analyzed the Crew Repository using the online Total Antivirus. The scan didn’t find anything suspicious about the Crew Repository. Here’s a screenshot of the scan.
That being said, a question still remains: Is Chain Reaction Kodi addon legal to use? There are always questions when it comes to the legality of any third-party Kodi addon. Unfortunately, nobody can be completely confident in the answer. Downloading and installing the Chain Kodi addon is definitely 100% legal, but using the addon to stream or download content could be illegal.
It’s not just about streaming copyrighted content from illicit sources, which is definitely breaking the law. It’s also about region-restricted content, content licenses, and other factors that determine the legal status of any content on a third-party addon. Your government and ISP (internet service provider) know what you stream on your FireStick, so if you stream free content that shouldn’t be available to you—even by accident—you could get in legal trouble in the future.
Therefore, I recommend using ExpressVPN with Chain Reaction and other unofficial Kodi addons to ensure peace of mind. ExpressVPN masks your streaming activities from anyone who might be monitoring them.
How to Install Chain Reaction Addon on Kodi
Installing the Chain Reaction Kodi addon on your device is easy with the step-by-step instructions below. I divided the instructions into three parts:
- Enabling unknown sources on Kodi
- Installing the Crew Repository
- Installing the Chains addon
Let’s get started.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources on Kodi
First, we need to enable unknown sources in our Kodi settings. Without enabling unknown sources, we won’t be able to install the Crew Repository on our Kodi app. Here’s how you can enable unknown sources on Kodi.
1. Launch the Kodi app on your device and click on the settings gear just below the Kodi logo, in the top-left corner of your screen.
2. On the next screen, click on the System icon in the bottom-right corner.
3. Scroll down to the Add-ons tab in the left panel.
4. By default, Unknown sources in the right panel will be toggled off. Select Unknown sources to toggle it on.
5. A warning window will pop up to warn you about allowing third-party Kodi addons. Click on the Yes button to continue.
6. You have successfully turned on Unknown sources in your Kodi app.
Part 2: Install Crew Repository
Now that you have turned on unknown sources in your Kodi app, it’s time to install the Crew Repo. The repository will then enable us to install the Chain Reaction Kodi addon. Follow these steps to install the Crew Repo.
1. Go back to the home screen of Kodi by pressing the back button on your FireStick remote (or other device). Click on the settings gear again.
2. Click on the File manager icon on the top left.
3. On the next screen, scroll down and select Add source on either side of the screen.
4. A window will pop up. Click on the area labeled <None>.
5. On the next screen, enter https://team-crew.github.io in the input box and click on the OK button.
Note: FireStickTricks.com doesn’t host or distribute any apps or addons. The Crew Repo is officially hosted at the URL provided.
6. Highlight the box labeled Enter a name for this media source and type crew. Click on the OK button.
7. Press the back button once to go to the Settings page. Select Add-ons.
8. Scroll down and click on Install from zip file.
9. You’ll receive a warning message. Click on the Yes button to continue.
10. Select crew.
11. Then, click the zip file.
12. After a few seconds, you’ll see a notification that reads The Crew Repo Add-on installed. Stay on this page for the next step.
Part 3: Install Chain Reaction Kodi Addon (Chain Reaction)
Finally, we can use the Crew Repository to download and install the Chain Reaction Kodi addon.
1. On the same Add-ons page, select Install from repository.
2. Then, scroll down and select The Crew Repo.
3. On the next screen, scroll all the way down and select Video add-ons.
4. You’ll see all the video addons in the repository. Select Chain Reaction.
5. The Chains dashboard will open up. Click on the Install button in the bottom right.
6. Click OK.
7. The Chain Reaction Kodi addon will start downloading. After a few seconds, Chain will start installing on your Kodi app. After a few more seconds, you’ll see a notification confirming Chain Reaction Add-on installed.
You did it. You now have the Chains Reaction Lite Kodi addon installed on your device. Let’s talk about how to set up and use it.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Chain Reaction Kodi Addon on FireStick
Using the Chain Kodi addon on FireStick or another Kodi-compatible device is a no-brainer. And you don’t need to be a pro to get the most from Chain—its developers made the addon easy to understand and browse through. The folders are organized well, and the fonts and colors are easy to read and not too distracting.
But if you want a brief tour of the Chain Kodi addon, you’re in luck. Follow along with me to gain a better understanding of how Chain works.
Let’s start on the Kodi home page. Go to Kodi home screen > Add-ons and click the Chain Reaction addon on the right. After a few seconds, you’ll land on the home screen of the Chain addon. You’ll see all the available folders and their names.
You may now select Trakt and Debrid on this popup.
This post demonstrated how to install the Chain Reaction Lite Kodi addon. You can use this addon to watch on-demand movies and shows. If you have any queries, then let me know in the comments, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- How to Install Fetch Kodi Addon
- How to Install Shadow Kodi Addon
- How to Install Three Now Kodi Addon
- How to Install Moria Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More