In this guide, I will show you how to install Seren Addon on Kodi 19 Matrix, and Kodi 18.9. The detailed instructions laid out in this guide work on Android devices like FireStick, Mobiles, & Tablets, iOS devices like iPhone & iPad, Computers including Mac & Windows, and all other Kodi-supported platforms.
What is Seren Addon?
Seren is an on-demand addon that hosts a big line-up of movies and TV shows. As I write this guide, Seren only supports the premium links through Real-Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize hosters. This means you will need a premium subscription to one of these services. I personally recommend Real-Debrid after having used and tested both for a long time.
One of the biggest benefits of using only the premium links is that you are guaranteed high-quality streams. Real Debrid is also known to offer faster, buffer-free streaming. This is why I don’t mind paying a small fee for a dramatically better experience.
Seren has a simple interface and lets you get started instantly. But, you must authorize Real Debrid, All Debrid, or Premiumize to watch videos. This guide first covers the steps to install the Seren addon on Kodi. Later, you will find detailed instructions to authorize premium hosters and a package provider.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install Seren Kodi Addon
Seren is a third-party Kodi addon. If you haven’t installed any third-party addon before, a Kodi setting will need to be changed to allow the installation. Follow these steps:
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
1. Access the Kodi Settings from the home screen by clicking the cog icon on the top-left.
2. Open System settings on the next screen.
3. Go ahead and click Add-ons on the left menu bar and click the Unknown Sources switch on the right to turn it on.
4. Do not worry about this prompt warning you about the risks. Seren Kodi addon is safe. I have used it personally. However, you may disable Unknown Sources after installing this addon.
You are now ready to install any third-party addon. Let’s get started with the Seren Kodi addon installation instructions.
5. Open the Settings again from the home-screen of Kodi.
6. Now navigate to the File manager and open it.
7. Open the option Add source on the following window. It is on both sides of the screen and you can open either.
8. Click where it says <None> on the small window that appears.
9. Type in the following URL in the empty space provided on the next window: https://nixgates.github.io/packages
It is important to enter the URL correctly as it is pointing to the server from where you will eventually install the Seren addon.
10. Type the name of the source in the empty space when you are back on this window. You may choose any name you wish to identify this source with.
I am choosing Nix.
11. Go back to the Kodi home-screen one more time and click Add-ons on the left side.
12. Click the icon that looks like an open-box. It is in the top-left corner and is called Package Installer.
13. Open the option Install from zip file on the following window.
14. Click the name that you added in Step 6 earlier. I am clicking Nix because that’s what I named it.
15. Click the zip file nixgates.repository.zip on the next screen.
16. Now wait for the acknowledgment Nixgates Rep Add-on installed. It will appear on the top-right of your display.
17. Click Install from repository while staying on the same window.
18. Click Nixgates Repo next.
19. Open Video add-ons.
20. Click Seren to continue.
21. Click the Install button on the next screen.
22. Wait for the Seren addon to install and the notification Seren Add-on installed to appear on the right-top of the display.
You have successfully installed the Seren addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Set Up Seren Kodi Addon with Real Debrid
As I have already said, Seren only fetches the premium links through Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All Debrid. I recommend Real Debrid over Premiurize as it is faster and sources better quality links.
To use Seren, you will first need to sign in with Real Debrid. And for that, you would need a Real Debrid account. Follow our guide on How to Install & Use Real-Debrid on Kodi.
For Seren, follow the Real Debrid account sign-up part only in the above-linked guide. Real Debrid authorization part of Seren is covered here.
Note: Real Debrid offers a free subscription with limited capabilities. For high-quality and buffer-free playback, choose the paid subscription. You can use Real Debrid not just with Seren but with most Kodi addons and many FireStick streaming apps.
Once you have created a Real Debrid account, follow the instructions below to set it up on the Seren Kodi addon:
1. From the Kodi home-screen, go to Add-ons followed by Video add-ons and open the Seren addon.
2. Click Tools on the main screen of Seren.
3. Click Open Settings Menu on the following window.
4. Select the option Scraping on the left and on the right, under Auto Add Caching Assistant to Debrid choose Real Debrid as the Preferred Cloud Location
5. Now click the Accounts tab on the left and on the right, enable the option Enable Real Debrid
6. Scroll down on the same window and click Authorize Real Debrid…
7. You must now see a prompt with a code
8. As the prompt above instructs, use a mobile or computer browser and go to https://real-debrid.com/device
Enter the code on the prompt and click Continue (code is NOT case sensitive)
9. Device authorization acknowledgment will be displayed on the next page of your browser. If you are not logged in to your Real Debrid account already, the webpage will ask you to log in with your credentials before authorizing the Seren Kodi addon.
Back on Kodi, you will see the following prompt upon successful authorization:
How to Install Provider Package on Seren Addon
Seren Kodi addon does not come preinstalled with default providers. That’s because it uses Real Debrid, All Debrid, or Premiumize premium providers to fetch the streams. However, if Seren isn’t finding any playable streams, even after authorizing the premium providers, you may want to try installing the Provider Packages.
This solution is known to work, though there are no guarantees. Nevertheless, there is no harm in trying. It takes all of two minutes. Here is what you need to do:
1. Open Seren Kodi addon from Kodi Home-screen > Add-ons > Video addons
2. Click Tools
3. Click Provider Tools next
4. Click Manage Provider Packages followed by Install Provider Package on the right
5. Click Web Location…
6. Enter the URL http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers and click OK
DO NOT use the URL
https://tinyurl.com/a4kscrapers in the image below
7. Click Install
8. Click OK when you see the ‘Successfully Installed’ prompt
That will be all!
How to Use Seren Addon on Kodi
Now that you have authorized Real Debrid and installed the package provider, you can start watching your favorite movies and shows.
This is the main screen of the addon. Click Discover Movies or Discover TV Shows to get started
When you click the video you want to watch, Seren will use Real Debrid (or All Debrid or Premiumize) to fetch the streams. This is what the work in progress will look like. Seren is usually fast and takes only a few seconds to pull the links.
Click one of the streams and start watching.
This is how you install, set up, and use the Seren addon on Kodi. For now, you can only watch videos with Real Debrid, All Debrid or Premiumize. However, this may change in the future with new add-on updates. Please feel free to share your experience with this addon in the comments section below.
- How to Install Kodi on FireStick
- How to Update Kodi on FireStick
- How to Install Exodus Redux
- How to install the Magic Dragon Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More