In this guide, I will take you through how to install the M.E.T.V Kodi addon. This method works on all Amazon Fire TV products, including FireStick Lite, FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and other Kodi-supported devices. It is compatible with both Kodi 20 Nexus and Kodi 19 Matrix. Before diving into the guide, here’s a quick overview of the M.E.T.V Kodi addon.
What is M.E.T.V?
M.E.T.V offers a great selection of content, including:
M.E.T.V offers everything for free. The neatly categorized content is updated regularly with high-quality links.
Notably, the M.E.T.V Kodi addon is powered by NAN scrapers. The chances of finding high-quality content are high, even without Debrid services.
For those of you who want a premium experience, all major Debrid services are supported by M.E.T.V, including Real-Debrid and AllDebrid. You can access The M.E.T.V Kodi addon in a third-party repository called the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Features of M.E.T.V
- Multiple sections serve content from various genres
- Real Debrid and Trakt support
- Folders are neatly categorized
- Works with Kodi 20
Is M.E.T.V Kodi Addon Safe and Legal?
M.E.T.V is available on a third-party repo, the Ezzer Macs Wizard Repository. When checked on The Virus Total online antivirus, its zip file is not flagged as malicious by any security vendors. However, at FireStickTricks.com, we cannot categorize M.E.T.V as safe or unsafe.
M.E.T.V isn’t available in the official Kodi repository. M-E-T-V is perfectly legal to download, like other third-party Kodi addons. However, you enter a legal gray area by streaming content unavailable in the public domain.
The content links for M.E.T.V. are taken from other sites on the internet, and those sites may or may not be holders of legitimate licenses. So, you could be breaking the law depending on the content you’re watching, its source, and your location.
It’s impossible to know every legal factor for every video you stream on the M.E.T.V Kodi addon. So, FireStickTricks.com cannot conclude whether using the addon is legal or illegal.
While you must use your discretion when streaming content on M.E.T.V., it may not be easy to know whether you’re breaking the law. I highly recommend ExpressVPN is highly recommended to maintain privacy while using third-party addons.
How to Install M.E.T.V Kodi Addon
I have split the steps into three parts so you can easily follow along.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources in Kodi
Since M.E.T.V is a third-party addon, we first need to allow Kodi to install addons from Unknown Sources. Here’s how to enable the option:
1. Launch Kodi. After that, select the Settings Gear icon in the top left.
2. Scroll to System on the bottom right.
3. Scroll to the Add-ons tab. Now select Unknown sources on the right side of the screen to turn it on.
4. Click Yes on the following warning notification.
The Unknown sources toggle is now enabled. That’s it for the first part.
Part 2: Install the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
Let’s install the repository:
1. Press the Back button on your FireStick remote (or whatever device you’re using) until you reach the screen, with System written in the top-left corner. On the same screen, select File manager.
2. Select Add source. You can select it on either side of the screen.
3. Click on <None>.
4. A window with a virtual keyboard will pop up, asking you to enter a URL. Type http://ezzer-mac.com/repo/ and click OK. Make sure you typed the URL correctly.
Note: FireStickTricks.com has no affiliation with the developers of the addon. We do not own this URL. It points to an external source hosted by the Ezzer Man’s repository.
5. Select the Enter a name for this media source box. Here, the default name repo needs to be removed. After that, type ezzer, and click OK.
When you’re back on the window shown below, click OK again to confirm the source.
6. Press your back button and open Add-ons.
7. Click on Install from zip file.
8. Click ezzer.
9. Select the repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip file and click OK.
10. Wait for a few seconds until you get a confirmation in the top-right corner that the installation was successful. Remain on this screen for the next step.
Part 3: Install the M.E.T.V Kodi Addon
The repository with the M.E.T.V addon is installed, so we can finally install it! Follow these steps:
1. On the screen from the last step, choose Install from repository.
2. Select EzzerMacs Wizard Repository.
3. Choose Video add-ons.
4. Find and select M.E.T.V.
5. Click on Install on the bottom right.
6. Click OK to install the additional addons shown on a popup. You need them for M.E.T.V to work.
7. Wait until you get a notification confirming that M.E.T.V was installed.
This is how you install the METV Kodi addon.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
M.E.T.V Kodi Addon Overview
Return to the home screen of Kodi. Then, scroll to Add-ons in the tab menu on the left. M.E.T.V should appear on the right side of the screen, under Video add-ons. Select it to launch it.
When you launch the M.E.T.V Kodi addon, a prompt will appear. Close it by clicking OK.
Then, you’ll reach directly to the home screen. The app has a simple layout and is easy to navigate. Here’s what it looks like:
Let’s see what some of these folders do. Open the first section, M.E.T.V – MOVIE SECTION.
You’ll see multiple sub-folders like A to Z Movies, BOX SETS, CHRISTMAS MOVIES, etc.
Jump into the M.E.T.V – SPORTS SECTION if you want to catch up on sports
Multiple folders let you watch live and replays of sports like football, racing, boxing, and more.
Next, open the M.E.T.V – KIDS SECTION.
Inside are 10 sections like KIDS MOVIES, KIDS BOXSETS, FAMILY MOVIES, etc.
If you feel overwhelmed, there is a SEARCH ALL option at the bottom of the home screen.
You can search for Movies and TV shows separately.
You can access the options for the M.E.T.V Kodi addon by pressing the left navigation button on your FireStick remote.
You can customize how content is displayed using Viewtype (list or tiles) and Order (ascending or descending).
You can also Search and Filter from the options menu. At the very bottom, you can access Add-on settings.
Customization, Cache, Scrapers, Resolvers, Enter Own APIs, and Dev Mode are inside Add-on settings.
How to Connect Real Debrid with M.E.T.V
M.E.T.V supports Real Debrid along with other premium link providers. Use the following steps to link your RD account with the addon,
1. Click your device’s left button when you are on M.E.T.V’s home. Then, open the Add-ons settings.
2. Go to Debrid.
3. Click Re-auth Real-Debrid.
4. Open https://real-debrid.com/device on your mobile/PC. Then, enter the code. After that, follow Real Debrid on-site instructions to complete the setup.
5. On the top right side of the screen, a notification will appear – M.E.T.V OK when you are done.
How to Connect Trakt with M.E.T.V
To sync your M.E.T.V watch history, integrate Trakt with the addon by using the steps below:
1. Go to M.E.T.V’s addon settings and open the Trakt tab.
2. Select ***Sync track to DB***.
3. Click Yes to override local DB.
4. Select Yes to authenticate Trakt.
5. On your PC/phone, visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the code you see on Kodi. Then, use Trakt’s instructions to finish the website setup.
6. On Kodi, the following screen will appear. Click Sync.
I hope this article taught you how to install the M.E.T.V Kodi addon. Don’t get overwhelmed by the content the addon has. What is discussed here is just the tip of the iceberg! You can find a lot more if you explore every folder. If you have thoughts or couldn’t install M.E.T.V on Kodi, please let us know in the comments.
- How to Uninstall Kodi from FireStick
- How to Delete Addons from Kodi
- How to Install TVOne111 Kodi Addon
- How to Install Seren Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More