If you’re bored of the regular old Kodi interface and you’re in the market for something new, then this is the guide for you! This guide will help you install the Neuromancer build on Kodi for your Amazon FireStick, Android TV box, NVIDIA SHIELD, tablet, smartphone, or PC.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
What Is Neuromancer?
Neuromancer is a dystopian-themed build for Kodi that comes bundled with several popular video addons that make streaming a breeze. For those who may not know, builds are one-stop upgrades to Kodi that allow you to download a bunch of addons as well as custom themes, all in one go. Applying a build is a great alternative to manually picking and installing addons, especially for people who might not be aware of the best ones out there.
And Neuromancer is no different. It’s one of the latest offerings from longtime Kodi Build developer Shawn Young, also known as Ghetto Astronaut and famdamnlyman, and you’ll be happy to know that the build wizard you’ll be using to install the Neuromancer build also gives you access to over 30 other builds, so there’s plenty of room to experiment if need be.
But before we talk about the wizard, let’s first cover another important aspect.
Is Neuromancer Safe and Legal to Use?
Like most other addons from indie developers, you won’t find the Ghetto Astronaut Wizard in the official Kodi repository. To download it, you’ll first need to connect to the repository it’s housed in.
Of course, that means you’ll have to allow for the installation of Apps from Unknown Sources. In our time going through the build for the purposes of making this guide, we didn’t find any evidence that Neuromancer downloads malicious or harmful addons to your device. The build is also copyright-free in and of itself. However, I can’t guarantee that all the content it gives you access to is legal. Be wary ontent when browsing through any of the build’s many addons.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install Neuromancer on Kodi
On to the build itself. Before you can install it, you’ll first need to allow Apps from Unknown Sources. The steps for doing so are outlined below.
Part 1: Enabling Unknown Sources
1. From the starting screen, click on the Settings icon to bring up a grid.
2. Click System.
3. Click on Add-ons.
4. Click on Unknown Sources.
5. A warning will be displayed. Select Yes to continue.
Part 2: Installing the Misfit Mods Repository
1. Return to Settings and click on the File manager.
2. Click on Add source.
3. Click <None>.
4. Type in http://famdamnlyman.one/Matrix/Repo exactly as it is displayed here. Once you’re done, select OK to continue.
Note: FireStickTricks.com does not endorse the use of this repository and is in no way affiliated with it or the individuals responsible for hosting it.
5. The default name Repo may appear, but you can select it to choose a more identifiable name. I recommend using the name ghetto matrix.
6. Click on OK once you’re done.
7. Return to the Settings screen and select Add-ons.
8. Select Install from zip file.
9. You’ll get a warning popup. Select Yes to proceed.
10. Select the media source you named previously, whether it’s the default Repo or the recommended ghetto astronaut.
11. Select repository.ghettomatrix-1.1.1.zip.
Note: the final three digits represent the version of the repository and may change over time.
12. You’ll receive an Add-on installed notification once the repository has been installed and is ready for use.
Part 3: Installing the Wizard from the cMaN’s Wizard Repository
1. Click on Install from repository.
2. Select Ghetto Astronaut Matrix Repo.
3. Select Program add-ons.
4. Click on Ghetto Astronaut Wizard.
5. Click Install.
6. You might be asked to download additional addons. Select OK to proceed.
7. This will start your download.
Eventually you’ll see another notification pop up at the top of your screen telling you that the installation was successful.
Note: if you instead see an error message saying that the install failed due to a dependency, don’t worry. Just try installing it one or two more times and it should work.
Part 4: Activating the Neuromancer Build
1. You’ll be asked to select which of your preferences and other data you’d like to preserve. Select the appropriate options as you see fit, then click Continue.
2. The next popup will ask you if you’d like to get started with a build. Select Build Menu to continue with the wizard.
3. You’ll be shown a News and Notifications screen which will give you the latest on the state of the wizard and the builds available. Select Dismiss if you don’t want to see this screen next time.
4. You’ll see a list of all of the builds available in alphabetical order. Scroll down and select Neuromancer (v1.5).
5. Select Install.
6. Select Yes, Install on the confirmation screen.
7. You’ll see a progress bar that shows how the download is proceeding.
8. Once it’s been downloaded, you’ll be asked if you’d like to erase all of your data before proceeding with installation. Select Fresh Install if you’re okay with erasing everything, or select No Thanks if you’d like to keep your data. I recommend doing a fresh install unless you have a very good reason not to.
9. You’ll see another progress bar, this time denoting the progress on your installation.
10. Once Installation has completed, you’ll be told you need to shut down Kodi for changes to take effect. Select OK to force shut down.
The next time you boot up Kodi, you’ll be greeted by your brand new interface. If you’re taken aback by how different it is, don’t worry; it’s still running the same Kodi in the background. The build will begin to download the requisite addons that it uses to provide streaming and viewing options.
Once the updates are done, you’ll be able to browse through the content at your leisure.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
This guide covered how you can get started with the Neuromancer build on Kodi for your FireStick or Fire TV. Let me know how you like the addon and which of the streaming options are your favorite. If you find that the theme isn’t to your liking, you can always try out one of the many other themes available on the Ghetto Astronaut Wizard. There are 39 other builds as of writing this article, so you’ll probably find what you’re looking for. Happy streaming!
- How to Install Dabutcher Kodi Builds
- How to Install Luxray Kodi Build
- How to Install Silvo Kodi Build
- How to Install Fallout Kodi Build on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More