This post will demonstrate how to install The Boys Wizard Kodi Builds. I have taken the images on Windows 11. However, Kodi has an identical interface across all devices. Therefore, the steps apply to FireStick, Android TV, iOS, Android Mobiles, Mac, and other Kodi-compatible devices.
What Is the Boys Wizard?
The Boys Wizard is a source that hosts a wide range of builds for Kodi. You can get this addon from the popular The Crew Repo. This repo is home to many popular addons, such as The Crew, Homelander, Chains Reaction Lite, and more.
The Boys Wizard offers feature-rich builds for spec-loaded devices, such as computers. In addition, it has lightweight builds for devices like FireStick that run on low-spec and low storage.
The builds come with several pre-installed Kodi addons.
We are adding The Boys Wizard builds to our library of featured and popular builds for Kodi.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is The Boys Wizard Safe & Legal?
The Boys Wizard is a third-party addon from an unofficial source. Hence, we cannot claim that it is 100% safe. However, this wizard has caused no security threats on my devices.
Moreover, I ran the repository zip file with Total Virus. It is a web-based antivirus tool. The results did not show anything alarming. Therefore, one may suppose that it is safe. I am enclosing the proof:
At FireStickTricks.com, we are not equipped to determine whether The Boys Wizard is legal or not. While the builds may be legal, streaming from third-party addons may not be legal.
I do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. However, I advocate your right to privacy and recommend using ExpressVPN with Kodi to avoid legal trouble.
How to Install Boys Wizard Builds on Kodi
The Boys Wizard Build is part of what is called a third-party repository. The installation of such builds involves a bunch of additional steps. Therefore, to simplify everything, I have divided this process into four relevant parts as follows:
- Part 1: Allow Unknown Sources
- Part 2: Install The Crew Repository
- Part 3: Install The Boys Wizard from the Crew repository
- Part 4: Install the Builds from the Boys Wizard
Let’s get started.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Allow or Enable Unknown Sources
The builds you want to install come from an unknown source. Kodi has a security setting that blocks unknown sources for security reasons. However, Kodi allows you to change this setting and unblock unofficial addons. Here is how you do it:
1. Go to Settings. You can do that by clicking the gear symbol in the upper-left corner of the home screen.
2. Open System on the following window.
3. Highlight or hover over Add-ons in the left section of the window. Navigate to Unknown Sources on the right and switch it ON.
4. A prompt appears. Click Yes to confirm and proceed.
This is how you allow unknown sources on Kodi.
Part 2: Get The Crew Repository
The Boys Wizard, which hosts the Kodi builds, is part of the Crew repository. Therefore, we are getting The Crew Repo first. Here are the steps:
1. Go to the home screen of Kodi again and open Settings.
2. Open File manager on this window.
3. Next, Click Add-source on the left or right (you may need to double-click on some devices).
4. When this window pops, click <None>.
5. On this popup window, type https://team-crew.github.io and click OK. You want to ensure the URL is typed correctly to avoid troubles later on.
Note: This URL points to an external source for the repository. FireStickTricks is not associated with those who host this URL or the repository.
6. When you return to this screen, highlight the section Enter a name for this media source. Type the source name of your choice. I am choosing Crew. Click OK.
7. You have added the source. Now, return to the Kodi Settings window and choose Add-ons.
8. Choose Install from zip file.
9. When prompted, click Yes to continue.
10. You should see the name Crew or any other source name you provided earlier. Go ahead and click it.
11. Open the zip file repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip. The x.x.x represents the version number of the zip file. Yours may be different from what the image below displays.
12. The Crew repository is installed in the background. It takes less than a minute. You should shortly see the installation confirmation message in the upper-right corner.
You have installed the repository.
Part 3: Install the Boys Wizard
We will use the Crew Repo to install this wizard. Here are the steps:
1. Click Install from repository.
Note: If you are not on this window, you may navigate to it by going to Settings > Add-ons.
2. Open The Crew Repo on this window.
3. Choose Program add-ons.
4. Click The Boys Wizard on the next screen.
5. Click Install (lower-right).
6. The wizard installation progress is displayed on the screen (check the image below).
7. You see the notification or confirmation of installation in the upper-right area shortly.
8. If this prompt appears, click Continue or press the back button to dismiss it.
9. Click Dismiss or press the back button again.
10. Another popup appears. On this one, if you click Build Menu, you are directly taken to the list of the builds the Boys Wizard offers. However, I am choosing Ignore to show you how to access the Wizard from the home screen in the next section.
Part 4: Install The Boys Wizard Kodi Builds
We will now use the Boys Wizard to install a build. Here is how it is done:
1. Go to the home screen of the Kodi app. Highlight or hover over Add-ons on the left (but do not click). You will find The Boys Wizard in Program add-ons.
2. You must now see the following interface. Click Builds in the top-left section of this screen.
3. You will find the list of the Kodi builds in the menu on the left. Pick one of the builds you want to install. You can see the preview of the build on the right.
I am picking the FunTech build.
4. On the right, click Fresh Install. This option will reset Kodi to the factory settings before the build is installed.
Note: You may choose Install and retain some of your settings and addons. However, I have noticed that the builds work best when installed fresh.
5. Click Yes to confirm.
6. Wait while Kodi downloads the build on your device. It may take a few minutes.
7. Once the download is finished, Kodi will install the build. This may also take a minute.
8. You may need to Force Close Kodi to finalize the installation. Click OK when prompted.
This is how you install the Boys Wizard Kodi Builds.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use The Boys Wizard Builds on Kodi
The Boys Wizard offers multiple builds. The builds may be similar but not identical. I am using the FunTech build for demonstration. This is the build I installed. However, if you picked any other build, it will likely be more or less the same.
Start the Kodi app to load the build you just installed. Please give it a few minutes to update addons, settings, and everything else. When the build is ready, this is what the home screen will look like:
The Funtech build I installed has categories: Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Kids, Varia, System, Power, and Favs. These categories are common across Kodi builds.
As you see in the image below, the recommended videos appear on the screen depending on your chosen category. At the bottom is the list of the Kodi addons that provide the videos.
The Boys Wizard builds offer various preinstalled Kodi addons, including Kodiverse, The Crew, Homelander, Genocide, Chains Reaction Lite, Fetch, Loop, Odds ‘n’ Ends, and more. You can use these addons to watch your favorite content.
This is pretty much about the Boys Wizard builds.
This article showed how to install the Boys Wizard Kodi builds. This Wizard is home to several good-looking builds. In addition, the builds come with many preinstalled addons to get you started with streaming straightaway. How was your experience? Please let us know through the comments section below.
- How to Install CMan Wizard Kodi Build
- How to Install Fallout Kodi Build
- How to Install Plutonium Kodi Build
- How to Install Hard Nox Kodi Build
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More