In this guide, I will walk you through the step-by-step process to install and use Zoom on FireStick. The same process will work for all Fire TV devices, including FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and FireStick Lite. But before I jump into the installation process, let’s take a brief look at Zoom.
Zoom is a popular cloud-based video conferencing software that allows you to communicate across nearly any device. Employers often use it to conduct online video meetings, training sessions, and webinars with other participants, while others may use it simply to communicate over video. It enables anyone to host unlimited video calls with up to 100 participants.
Not only that, but you can also share your screen with others and show them documents, images, or anything else on your screen. Plus, you can record your meetings as videos or audio clips to review them later.
Currently, Zoom offers four pricing tiers. You can compare the Zoom plans in detail on the official site or read the summaries below:
- Basic Version: The basic free version lets you hold an unlimited number of one-on-one meetings for unlimited durations. You can also host up to 100 participants in group calls limited to 40 minutes.
- Pro Version: This version costs $14.99 per month per license and is great for small teams. It allows you to conduct group meetings for up to 30 hours, stream over social media, store meeting recordings, and more.
- Business Version: This is suitable for small and medium businesses. It costs $19.99 per month per license and lets you brand Zoom meetings with your company branding. Other features include single sign-on, recording transcripts, and managed domains. You can host meetings with up to 300 participants on this plan.
- Enterprise Version: This plan is suitable for large enterprises. The price will vary depending on the size of the organization. You can host meetings with up to 500 participants. Plus, it offers unlimited cloud storage for recordings.
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
How to Install Zoom on FireStick
Now that you are aware of what exactly the Zoom app does, let’s take a look at the Zoom installation process. Since Zoom is a third-party app, you have to sideload it onto your Fire TV device.
Follow these steps to install the Zoom app on your Amazon FireStick.
Part 1: Install the Downloader App on FireStick
This is the most effective and common method to install Zoom on your FireStick. Downloader is a free app available in the Amazon App Store that makes the process of installing the Zoom app easy and smooth. It is a must-have app for all FireStick users who want to sideload any app onto their device.
Follow these steps to install Downloader:
1. Go to the FireStick home screen. In the menu bar, scroll to Find, followed by selecting Search.
2. Type in Downloader. Click it when it appears in the search suggestions.
3. Select Downloader in the search results, under APPS AND GAMES.
4. Click Download or Get and wait a moment for installation to complete.
Part 2: Allow Apps From Unknown Sources
Once you have installed the Downloader app, you need to prepare your FireStick for Zoom installation. You can easily do so by following these steps:
1. Press the home button on your remote to go back to the Fire TV home screen. Then select the settings icon on the far right.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. On the next window, click Developer Options.
4. Now, click Install unknown apps.
Note: If you see a setting called Apps from Unknown Sources instead, select it to turn it ON. You can skip the next step and continue to part 3.
5. Select Downloader and turn it ON.
You have successfully set up your FireStick to install any third-party app, including Zoom. Now that we’re done preparing for installation, we can finally start the installation process.
Part 3: Install Zoom on FireStick
In this step, I’ll show you how you can install Zoom on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
1. Open the Downloader app you just installed. If you’re having trouble finding the app in your interface, press and hold the home button on your remote and go to Apps. From there, you can locate and select Downloader to launch it.
2. Navigate to the Browser option on the left and select it.
2. Click the URL field.
3. Now, you will notice the following popup window. Erase the URL mentioned here and type zoom.us/download
4. Now, click Download from Zoom.
5. The Zoom app should start downloading now.
6. Once the download is complete, go ahead and click Install in the bottom right corner.
7. This is where FireStick will begin the installation of the Zoom app from the APK file. This will take a couple of minutes.
8. When the Zoom app is completely installed, you will be notified with the following window at the bottom right, saying Zoom – Ready to launch.
9. Click Done if you want to access the app later. Or you can select Open if you’re going to use the app now.
10. On the next screen, click Delete to remove the APK file of the Zoom app. This file is of no use after the installation is complete. Thus, it is better to remove it to save some space on the device storage.
11. Click Delete again to confirm the deletion.
Congratulations! You have finally installed the Zoom app on your Amazon FireStick.
Highly recommended if streaming with free or low-cost services 👇
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
As soon as you install the right apps, your FireStick is all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Use Zoom on FireStick
In this section, I will show how to start using the Zoom app on your FireStick. First, let’s make the app more accessible on your FireStick. Then we’ll take a quick peek inside.
1. Press and hold the home button on your Fire TV remote until the following screen shows up. Click Apps.
2. Scroll to your Zoom app, but don’t select it.
3. Press the options button on your remote, indicated by three horizontal lines. Select Move in the menu that appears on the right.
4. Use the directional buttons on your remote to move Zoom to the top row of apps, which are visible on the Fire TV home screen. Press the select button (in the center of the directional buttons) to confirm the new location.
5. After relocating the app, go ahead and select it to launch it.
On the main screen, you’ll find the option to Join a Meeting by providing a meeting ID. You don’t need to create an account to join a meeting someone else is hosting; you only need that meeting ID. However, if you want to host a meeting or webinar, then you’ll need a Zoom account. You can make an account or sign in to your account from the app’s home screen.
There you have it! Zoom is the perfect app for video calls, whether they’re casual or professional. With this guide, you should have learned how to install Zoom on FireStick. Were you able to install the Zoom app on your Amazon Fire TV? Let us know in the comments if you run into any trouble!
- How to Watch Pay Per View on FireStick
- How to Cast to FireStick from Android, iPhone, PC & Mac
- How to Install BeeTV on FireStick
- How to Install Nova TV APK on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More