In this article, I will show you how to install the Black Lightning addon on Kodi. The Black Lightning addon is compatible with both Kodi 18.9 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix. The same installation method applies to all Kodi compatible devices such as the Amazon FireStick, Nvidia Shield, Android TV Boxes, PC, and Smartphones. Let’s quickly see what is Black Lightning addon is about before we install it.
Entertainments are for relaxation, not to toil or stress you up! And hey, it should not cost arm and leg either, especially for watching movies or TV shows. Meet Black Lightning, a Kodi addon that lets you watch movies and TV shows with debrid links, for free.
The Black Lightning Kodi addon brings all available media within your reach. It is one of the best alternatives to subscription-based video streaming addons. It has no logins, no hassles, just steady free streams.
The Black Lightning Kodi addon is officially from the cMaN’s Wizard Repository but, if it doesn’t work, you can install it from Narcacist’s Wizard repository and EzzerMac Wizard repository as well.
Black Lightning is now included on our list of best Addons for Kodi.
Below is the guide for installing the Black Lightning Kodi addon and integrating it with the Real Debrid service.
Let’s get started.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install Black Lightning Kodi addon
1. From your Firestick home screen, navigate to the Kodi app. Launch it.
2. Straight up, hit the Settings (cog icon) from the Kodi home screen.
3. Choose System.
4. Select the Add-ons tab. Choose Unknown sources and turn on the toggle.
5. If a small window of warning notification pops up, click Yes.
6. Unkown source toggle is now turned on.
7. Select the File Manager on the top right of the System page.
8. Click Add Source either on the left or right.
9. Select <None> from the Add file source pop-up window.
10. Carefully type http://narcacist.com/repo/ on the media location box and click OK.
If you come across any error like “Couldn’t retrieve directory information” from cMaN’s Wizard Repository, try it from Narcacist or EzzerMacs Wizard Repository: https://ezzer-mac.com/repo/. In this case, name the media source according to the repository so that it will be easier to locate.
11. Select the media source bar and type in a name according to your preference. We gave narcacist. Click OK.
12. Return to the main menu and click on Add-ons.
13. Select Install from Zip file from the top right.
If you see this prompt, click Yes (appears only on Kodi 19)
14. Click the narcacist file, which you have added a few seconds ago.
15. Choose repository.NarcacistWizard.zip. Wait till you receive an Add-on installed message on the top right.
16. Jump to the previous folder, which is Install from repository.
17. Find Narcacist’s Wizard Repository and click it.
18. Select Video add-ons.
19. Now scroll down till you locate Black Lightning and select it.
20. Click Install.
21. Wait for few seconds till you see a stamp on the top right corner with a successfully installed stamp.
22. Done! Now you can find the Black Lightning addon under the Video-addons section.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with Black Lightning Kodi addonRequired with Black Lightning Addon
However, to play the content, you need to integrate the Black Lightning addon with Real Debrid. Authenticating the Real Debrid through the Black Lighting Kodi addon is a simple process, but one must remember to sign up for a Real Debrid account, before getting on with the process.
1. Select Settings from the Black Lightning addon home screen.
2. On the left tab, choose Debrid.
3. Select the Enable debrid service on the right side and turn on the toggle.
4. Make sure to choose Real Debrid under the Choose debrid service.
5. Select Re-auth Real Debrid.
6. You will get an authorization code on the screen as you can see below. Make a note of it.
7. Go to https://real-debrid.com/device on another device, preferably laptop or desktop.
8. Enter the code and click Continue.
9. Type in a name of your preference.
10. Congratulations! You are now logged in.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Enable One-Click Play
As I mentioned above, the Black Lightning Kodi addon supports One-click play, but to make it work, you need to enable the options in the Settings.
1. From the addon’s home screen, navigate down to Settings using your FireStick remote.
2. On the left pane, select the One Click Play option.
3. Turn on the toggle for One Click Play under both Movies and TV shows section.
4. Select the resolution of the content you’d like to stream. You get three options – HD (720p), FHD (1080p), and 4K (2160p).
5. Click OK.
Black Lightning Kodi addon overview
Launch the Black Lightning Kodi addon, you will find the user interface with no bells and whistles. Just plain, simple, and easy to understand. The UI is on point and easily navigable for beginners. It consists of sections including
- One Click
- TV Shows
- Search history
- Last Played
- RD History
- RD Torrents
Under the One Click section, you can access both Debrid and Non-Debrid links. The movies are categorized neatly in terms of years, resolutions, genre, and box sets. If it feels too overwhelming, you can use the Search option at the bottom.
In addition to that, you have a separate section for movies too. Here, you can search based on Actor, Studio, and Keywords. Tons and tons of content.
If you are more of a TV show person, you get thousands of content too. You can find shows based on Genre, Years, Networks, Popularity, and Episodes. Search option is available too.
Then there is Advanced Content. It lets you search shows based on year and genre. This works much like getting a financial statement from our banks. As you can see from the screenshots below, you need to fill in the years (From and To) and select the genre of your preference.
For example, I have filled out the year and selected the comedy genre. Click the Search option at the bottom, the results are on point.
Further, the Black Lightning Kodi addon supports Trakt integration, which means you can track what you watch and when. You also get Search History, Last Played, RD History, and RD Torrents sections for obvious reasons.
The Black Light Kodi addon provides a simple user interface, tons of content from various genres, and high-quality links for streaming. Plus, it offers integrations with Trakt and Real-Debrid. In my opinion, the Black Lightning Kodi addon is impressive. Have you installed it? Feel free to comment on your experience below.
- How to Install 4K Kodi Addon
- How to Install Exodus Redux Addon
- How to Install Shadow Kodi Addon
- How to Delete Addons from Kodi
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More