In this guide, I will cover the process to install the ReleaseBB addon on Kodi. This addon is available on FireStick, Fire TV, FireStick 4K, FireStick Lite, Android Mobiles, and all other Kodi-supported platforms.
ReleaseBB is an on-demand add-on to watch movies and TV shows. It has a decent library of video content. The new movies and shows are added regularly. The addon is premium-hoster supported. Meaning, it works only with Debrid sign-in. You can use the premium hosters like Real Debrid, Premiumize, and All-Debrid. Real Debrid is the most popular and reliable multihoster. Hence, I have covered the Real Debrid ReleaseBB sign-in process later in this guide.
How to Install ReleaseBB Kodi Addon
There is a prerequisite to installing the ReleaseBB addon on Kodi. Therefore, let us divide this installation process into two important parts as follows:
– Part 1: Allow the Unknown Sources
– Part 2: Install Steps
Each part is elaborated as follows.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Part 1: Allow the Unknown Sources
Third-party addons could be potentially harmful. Therefore, Kodi’s default security mechanism does not allow you to install them. For the safe add-ons like ReleaseBB, you need to allow the Unknown Sources within the Kodi Settings.
Follow these steps:
1. When you are on the home/main screen of Kodi, go to the top-left and click Settings.
2. Now navigate to System and click it
3. You must see a bunch of options on the left. Choose Add-ons.
4. To the left, see whether Unknown Sources is enabled. If it is disabled/OFF, turn it ON.
5. Click Yes when prompted. ReleaseBB is a safe Kodi addon. You may confidently ignore this warning prompt.
You can now install the ReleaseBB addon (covered in the next part). For safety purposes, after installing Release BB, disable Unknown Sources again.
Part 2: ReleaseBB Installation Steps
This is the part where we install the addon. Here we go:
1. Click Kodi Settings again (from the main screen of Kodi)
2. Open the File manager option.
3. Go ahead and click Add source.
4. You will now find this window. Go ahead and click where you see <None>.
5. You must now see this window with the keypad. Type in the following URL carefully (avoid any typos): https://bugatsinho.github.io/repo
6. Now enter the source name. You might choose any name you want. I am going to give it the name bb.
Click OK again when your screen also looks like mine
7. Navigate back to the main screen of the Kodi application. Click Settings
8. Click Add-ons
9. Go ahead and click Install from zip file.
10. Click the source name that you added earlier (like I chose bb).
11. Open the zip file on the following screen: repository.bugatsinho-x.x.zip.
Note: x.x is the current version number of the zip file
12. Now wait. It may take a minute to install the Bugatsinho repository. Installation notification is displayed on the screen.
13. On the same window, click Install from repository.
14. Open the Bugatsinho repository.
15. Click Video add-ons.
16. Click ReleaseBB.
17. Go ahead and click the Install button.
18. Click OK.
19. ReleaseBB Kodi addon will now install. Wait for the installation notification. It may take more than a minute.
So, this is how you install the ReleaseBB addon on Kodi.
How to Access Release BB Kodi Addon
There are two ways to access ReleaseBB addon on Kodi (or any other video addon)
1. From the home screen of Kodi click Add-ons menu option. Next, highlight Video add-ons where you will find the ReleaseBB addon.
2. The other option is to simply highlight (without clicking) Add-ons menu option on the home screen. You will find the ReleaseBB Kodi addon on the right in the Video add-ons row.
How to Set up and use ReleaseBB Kodi Addon
ReleaseBB works only with the premium hosters like Real Debrid, Premiumize, and All Debrid. I recommend using Real Debrid as it is the best premium hoster in my opinion.
We have a comprehensive guide on how to set up Real Debrid on Kodi. Let me also quickly show you how to set up Real Debrid with ReleaseBB.
Here are the steps:
1. Open the ReleaseBB addon and click Settings-Tools from the main screen.
2. Click the Resolver tab on the left. On the right side, click Real-Debrid Auth.
3. You should now see the following prompt with a code.
4. As instructed in the prompt, go to https://real-debrid.com/device on your mobile device or computer and enter the code.
5. If you are not signed in to your Real Debrid account, you will be prompted to sign in. If you are already, the following confirmation appears on the webpage after successful authorization of Real Debrid.
6. Back on Kodi, you will see the authorization confirmation notification in the top-right.
That will be all. You can now start streaming.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
ReleaseBB is a decent Kodi addon that servers you on-demand content including your favorite movies and shows. The good thing about this addon is that it works only with the premium hosters. Hence, you are more likely to find high-quality streams here than with free addons. However, you must have a paid premium hoster account. There are no free streams.
Honestly, I don’t mind paying a little bit if I could have a better streaming experience. I like ReleaseBB and have added it to our library of Best Kodi Addons.
- How to Install Exodus Redux Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Magic Dragon Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install The Oath Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Asgard Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More