This article will show you how to install Curiosity Stream Kodi Addon. Also, I’ll cover how to use the addon, how to sign-up on Curiosity Stream, etc. This article is suitable for all Kodi-compatible devices, including the Amazon FireStick, Nvidia Shield, Android TV boxes, macOS, Windows PC, smartphones, and tablets.
What Is Curiosity Stream Kodi Addon?
Curiosity Stream is one of the best documentary and non-fiction streaming services. It’s a subscription-based Kodi addon service that offers content on science, nature, and history, as well as biographies and autobiographies of some important figures.
The owner of the Discovery Channel founded Curiosity Stream. Hence, you’ll find a rich library of high-profile original shows on the service. You can expect Curiosity Streams to be one of the best Kodi addons for geeks.
With Curiosity Stream Kodi addon, you can enlighten, inspire and entertain yourself with all types of original non-fiction content.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Read: How to Install and Use the Best Kodi VPN
Curiosity Stream Plans & Pricing
Curiosity Stream is a subscription-based platform. This means that its content is not accessible for free. Here are the four plans offered by Curiosity Stream:
- Standard HD Monthly – $2.99/month
- Standard HD Annually – $1 per month and billed $11.99 yearly
- Premium 4K Monthly – $9.99/month
- Premium 4K Annually – $3.50 per month and billed $41.99 yearly
If you only intend to use Curiosity Stream on Kodi, I would recommend sticking with the standard HD plans for the time being. This is because Kodi does not natively support 4K streaming.
How to Sign Up for Curiosity Stream.
To subscribe to Curiosity Stream, follow these steps:
1. Visit the Curiosity Stream website and click Sign up now.
2. Select the Subscription that’s right for you.
3. Scroll down and enter your Email Address and a preferred Password for the account. Then click Continue To Last Step.
4. If you have a promo code, type it into the labeled bar. If not, proceed to payment and fill in your accurate card details.
Your account will be created, and you can log in to the Kodi addon using the email address and password you provided.
Features of Curiosity Stream Kodi Addon
- Separate sections based on topics like Science, history, children, nature, technology, society, and lifestyle.
- In-house originals like Man’s Best Friend, What Animals See, Mars: The Journey, Pyramid Builders: New Clues, and Space Probes.
- Documentaries are shot on location and feature stunning vistas, scenes, and landscapes.
- Quite affordable, starting from just $2.99 per month.
- Ad-free experience.
- Closed Captions are available in English.
- Amazing parental control features.
- Simultaneous streaming on multiple devices without any interruption.
How to Install Curiosity Stream Kodi Addon
Here’s a step-by-step guide to installing the Curiosity Stream addon on your Kodi:
1. Choose Cog Gear on the top left side.
2. Open Add-ons.
3. Select Install from repository.
4. Open the Kodi Add-on repository.
5. On the next screen, select Video Add-ons.
6. Scroll down the alphabetical list of options until you reach Curiosity Stream and click on it.
7. Click on Install when the addons overview appears.
8. The addon will now begin to download. You’ll see a notification in the top-right corner once it’s finished – Curiositystream Add-on installed.
Congratulations! You have installed the Curiosity Stream Kodi addon.
How to Set up Curiosity Stream Kodi Addon
You have to configure the Curiosity Stream Kodi addon before launching it. Failure to do so will result in an error.
Use the steps below to set up the Curiosity Stream Kodi addon:
1. Go to Add-ons, Hold & Select Curiosity Stream to open its menu. Then, click Settings.
2. Select Username (email) to enter your Curiosity Stream account Email Address. After that, choose Password to enter your account pass. Finally, click OK to save.
How to Use Curiosity Stream Kodi Addon
On Kodi’s home, open Add-ons. On Video add-ons, launch CuriosityStream.
There are nine sections available on CuriosityStream Kodi addon home:
- Browse Categories
- Trending Today
- Pick Up where you left off
- Newest Additions
- We Suggest for You
To explore documentaries category-wise, choose Browse Categories.
There are 10 sub-sections: Art & Society, Biography, Courses, Crime, Curiosity KIDS, History, Nature, Originals, Science, and Technology.
Choose one. I’m selecting Technology.
Inside, you’ll find more subfolders. For instance, inside Technology, we have Artificial Intelligence, Energy, Engineering, Future Tech, Nanotechnology, etc.
To see content that’s currently trending, open Trending Today.
I see a list of 21 documentaries like Frozen Secrets, When Shark Meets Croc, Ancient Yellowstone, etc.
To find a documentary, open Search.
Enter your search terms and click OK. For example, I’m searching for docs related to Tech.
Curiosity Stream Kodi addon gave me the list of titles matching my search term, Tech.
Explore other Curiosity Stream Kodi addon sections to make the most of them.
Is there a free version of Curiosity Stream?
No. Curiosity Stream is a subscription-based platform.
Does Curiosity Stream Offer Good Quality Documentaries?
To answer this question, think back to Discovery’s early days and consider the quality of their documentaries. This streaming service offers something similar, if not better.
How Much Does Curiosity Stream cost per month?
The HD Curiosity Stream costs $2.99 per month or $1 per month if purchased annually for $11.99. At the same time, the 4k subscription costs $9.99 per month or $3.50 per month if you opt for the $41.99 annual subscription.
Curiosity Stream is for all thinkers, dreamers, and explorers worldwide. Anyone interested in documentaries and discovering new information would undoubtedly find comfort in the platform’s selection of 3000+ videos. You can install the Curiosity Stream Kodi addon from the official Kodi repository.
- How to Install Base 19 Kodi Addon
- How to Install Fido K19 Kodi Addon
- How to Install THX 1138 Kodi Addon
- How to Install Kingpin Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More