This tutorial will guide you through the process to get DaButcher Builds on Kodi. The installation method I am using works on any platform you use Kodi on. This includes Amazon FireStick, Nvidia Shield, Android TV boxes, Apple TV, smartphones, tablets, and computers.
DaButcher has one impressive collection of quality builds for Kodi, from lightweight to feature-loaded builds. This makes it a great choice for low-spec as well as spec-rich Kodi devices. DaButcher is now also included in our list of Best Kodi Builds.
In this guide, I will install the Chameleon build from the DaButcher inventory. However, you are free to install any other build you like. I like the Chameleon Kodi build because it has a simple and incredibly easy to use interface with completely fresh visuals.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Read: How to Install and Use the Best Kodi VPN
How to Install DaButcher Kodi Builds
The installation process will take 5-10 minutes depending upon your internet speed and device.
The first part of the installation will be about enabling the security setting Unknown Sources to permit the installation of the build. In the second part, we will add the source, install the repository, install the DaOnly Wizard, and finally install the build.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Follow these steps to complete the whole process:
1. Access the settings on Kodi from the home screen by clicking the gear icon.
2. Open System.
3. Select Add-ons from the menu items on the left sidebar.
4. If Unknown Sources is switched off, select it to turn it on.
5. DaButcher builds are safe; I have tested them. Go ahead and click Yes to the warning.
You have enabled the Unknown Sources setting, as we talked about earlier. Now, we will follow the core installation process and get the DaButcher builds on Kodi.
6. Press the back button on your device to go back to the settings window. Alternatively, return to the Kodi home screen and click the settings gear again. Then, click File manager.
7. Click Add source on the following screen.
8. This is the window that you see next. Go ahead and click the area labeled <None>.
9. You will now be prompted to enter the source path. Enter the URL http://dabutcher.org/repo exactly as it’s shown here. Click OK.
Note: FireStickTricks don’t host nor distribute these files. I have just provided the official URL of the DaButcher Repo.
10. Click on the input box under Enter a name for this media source.
11. Type the name dabutcher and click OK.
12. Click OK to complete the source adding process.
We have added the source. Now we will install the repository.
13. Press your back button multiple times until you reach the settings window again. When you are there, click Add-ons.
14. Click Install from zip file.
15. Click Yes on the warning prompt.
16. Click on dabutcher.
17. Now access the zip file named repository.dab-x.x.zip. The zip file version will change as the repository is updated, so choose the zip file with the highest number.
18. Now, wait a minute for the DaButcher Repository to install. You’ll see an Add-on installed notification in the upper-right corner of the window.
We have successfully installed the repository. We will now install the wizard.
19. Click Install from repository.
20. Open DaButcher Repository.
21. Open Program add-ons.
22. Click DaB 19 Wizard (on older versions of Kodi, you may see DaOnlyWizard instead).
23. Click Install.
24. Now wait for the wizard addon to install. You will see a confirmation notification in a minute or two.
25. Next, you will see the following prompt. Press the Cancel button to continue.
26. On the next prompt, click on the CLOSE button to continue.
27. Press your device’s back button until you see the Kodi home screen. Scroll to Add-ons without clicking it. Now, you will find the DaB 19 Wizard (or DaOnlyWizard) in the right portion of the screen, under Program add-ons. Click the wizard.
28. Click Build Menu.
29. The available DaButcher Kodi builds will show up. Pick your build. I will use the Chameleon build for demonstration in this guide.
30. After choosing the build, click Continue on the prompt.
31. I recommend clicking Fresh Start to clear existing Kodi data that you no longer need. If you’re experienced with Kodi and you understand the implications of clicking No, feel free to click that instead.
32. Wait for the build to download and install on Kodi.
33. You will be prompted to force-close Kodi after the installation. Go ahead and click OK.
You may now reopen Kodi and use the build.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use DaButcher Kodi Builds: Overview
DaButcher builds are easy to use. You can get the hang of these builds in no time. We have installed Chameleon build in this guide. So, let’s take a quick look at it.
Open the Kodi app after installing the build. You will see the following new home screen. Wait for a few minutes until the build configures the add-ons and settings.
If you have used any Kodi builds before, you will notice that Chameleon build has a completely different user interface. Instead of laying out the home menu in the form of a strip, all the menu items are placed together on the home screen.
Almost everything you could possibly need is available on the home screen of this build. However, it does not have options like Movies or TV Shows that let you start streaming directly off the main screen. You must choose one of the options related to addons (such as Preferred Addons or All Video Addons) to view the list of the addons. You can then choose an addon and start streaming.
The Chameleon Kodi build comes with just a bunch of preinstalled addons. This keeps the build lightweight. These add-ons carry enough options to let you stream just about anything you like.
This build, however, also comes preinstalled with a bunch of popular Kodi repositories in case you want to install more addons.
DaButcher offers a decent inventory of various Kodi builds. These builds are suited for a wide range of Kodi device platforms including mobile devices, smart TVs, Amazon FireStick, computers, etc. I liked all the DaButcher builds, but the Chameleon build clearly stood out. It is extremely lightweight but offers a unique way to experience Kodi.
Its interface is refreshing with a new layout as compared to a lot of other Kodi builds. To maintain the small size and smooth performance, Chameleon offers only a handful of preinstalled addons. However, it has a whole set of preinstalled repositories that allow you to install more addons. It is a good build to have. Try it!
- How to Install Fallout Kodi Build
- How to Install No Limits Magic Kodi Build
- How to Install Neuromancer Kodi Build
- How to Install Maze Kodi Build
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More