This tutorial will guide you through the process to get the DaButcher Builds on Kodi. The installation method I am using works on any platform you use Kodi on. This includes, but is not limited to, Amazon FireStick, Computers, and Mobiles.
The DaButcher is one impressive collection of quality builds for Kodi. From lightweight to feature-loaded, it has all sorts of Kodi builds. This makes it a great choice for low-spec as well as spec-rich Kodi devices. The DaButcher is now also included in our list of Best Kodi Builds.
In this guide, I will install the DaLight build from the DaButcher inventory. However, you are free to install any other build you like. I like DaLight Kodi build because it has a simple and incredibly easy to use interface with a completely fresh visual appeal.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install the DaButcher Kodi Builds
The installation process will take nearly 6-7 minutes depending upon the internet speed and device platform.
The first part of the installation will be about tweaking the security setting and enabling Unknown Sources to permit the installation of the build. In the second part, we will add the source, install the repository, install the DaOnly Wizard and finally install the build.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Here is how it goes:
1. Access the Settings on Kodi from the home screen by clicking the cog icon.
2. Open System
3. Select Add-ons from the menu items on the left sidebar.
4. If Unknown Sources is disabled or switched OFF, enable or turn it ON.
5. DaButcher builds are safe. I have tested them. Go ahead and click Yes.
So, now you have enabled the Unknown Sources as we talked about earlier. We now follow the core installation process and get the DaButcher builds on Kodi
6. Press the back button on the remote and go back to the Settings window again
Click File manager
7. Click Add source on the following screen.
8. This is the window that you see next. Go ahead and click <None>.
9. You will now be prompted to enter the source path. Enter the following URL exactly as you see here: http://dabutcher.org/repo
10. Now select the name field on the bottom of this window and type a name for this URL you provided in the previous step.
I am choosing the name dabutcher. You may choose the same or any other name you like.
You have added the source. Now we install the repository.
11. Press the back button multiple times until you reach the Settings window again. When you are there, click Add-ons
12. Click Install from zip file.
13. Click the source name you provided earlier. I am clicking dabutcher.
14. Now access the zip file repository.dab-x.x.zip
Note: The zip file version is subject to change
15. We now wait for the DaButcher Repository to install. It takes a minute. Installation confirmation/notification is displayed in the upper-right of the window.
You have successfully installed the repository. We now install the Wizard.
16. Click Install from repository.
17. Open DaButcher Repository.
18. Open Program add-ons.
19. Click DaOnlyWizard.
20. Click Install.
21. Now wait for the DaOnlyWizard addon to install. You will see the installation notification in a minute or two.
22. You must now see the following prompt. Press the back button or click Continue.
23. If you want to go to the build menu right away, click Build Menu. For now, I am clicking Ignore so that I can show you how to access the build menu from the home screen.
24. Press the back button until you see the home screen of Kodi. Select (don’t click) Add-ons. Now, you will find the DaOnlyWizard in the Program add-ons section. Click it.
25 You must now see the following interface. Go ahead and click Builds tab in the top-left corner.
26. The available DaButcher Kodi builds will line up in the left section. Pick your build. Like I said before, I will use the DaLight build for demonstration in this guide.
Update: The DaLight build is currently unavailable. You may try any other build available in the menu.
27. After choosing the build, click Install or Fresh Install in the right section of the Wizard interface.
If you have a lot of existing Kodi data, which you don’t need, I recommend choosing Fresh Install. This will wipe out anything you already have and give a fresh start to Kodi with your chosen build.
28. Go ahead and click Yes when prompted (this prompt is displayed only if you chose Fresh Install previously)
29. Now simply wait until your chosen DaButcher Kodi build is downloaded and installed. It may take 2-3 minutes.
30. You will be prompted to force close Kodi after the installation. Go ahead and click OK.
You may now reopen Kodi and use the build.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use DaButcher Kodi Builds: Overview
DaButcher builds are easy to use. You can get the hang of these builds in no time. We have installed DaLight build in this guide. So, let’s take a quick look at it.
Open the Kodi app after installing the build. You will see the following new home screen. Wait for a few minutes until the build configures the add-ons and settings.
If you have used any Kodi builds before, you will notice that DaLight build has a completely different user interface. Instead of laying out the home menu in the form of a strip, all the menu items are placed together on the home screen.
Almost everything you could possibly need is available from the home screen of this build. However, it does not have options like Movies or TV Shows that let you start streaming directly off the main screen. You must choose one of the options related to addons (such as Preferred Addons or All Video Addons) to view the list of the add-ons. You can then choose an addon and start streaming.
DaLight Kodi build comes with just a bunch of preinstalled addons including Exodus Redux, SportsDevil, etc. This keeps the build lightweight. These add-ons carry enough options to let you stream just about anything you like.
This build, however, also comes preinstalled with a bunch of popular Kodi repositories in case you want to install more addons.
DaButcher offers a decent inventory of various Kodi builds. These builds are suited for a wide range of Kodi device platforms including Mobiles, TV Devices, Amazon FireStick, Computers, etc. I liked all the DaButcher builds but DaLight build clearly stood out. It is extremely lightweight but offers a unique way to experience Kodi.
Its interface is refreshing with a new layout as compared to a lot of other Kodi builds. To maintain the small size and smooth performance, DaLight offers only a handful of preinstalled addons. However, it has a whole set of preinstalled repositories that allow you to install more addons. It is a good build to have. Try it!
- How to Install The Magic Dragon Kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install No Limits Magic Build on Kodi
- How to Install The Joker Kodi Builds on FireStick
- How to Install Maze Kodi Build on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More