In this tutorial, you will get detailed instructions to install the Plutonium Build on Kodi 18.9 Leia and lower versions. You can use these instructions on any device on which Kodi is supported. It works on Android Devices, Amazon FireStick, Android TV Boxes, Windows, Mac, iOS and more.
The biggest draw of getting a Kodi build is to save yourself time and effort which goes into installing video add-ons separately. But, builds like Plutonium give you more than just the addons. They give you a whole new way to experience Kodi. They are a big departure from the bland and boring, default interface of Kodi.
While there are a bunch of Kodi builds out there, Plutonium Kodi build is certainly worth a try. It works almost effortlessly on all devices, even the one with low specs like Amazon FireStick. This build has an enormous inventory of add-ons for movies, shows, live TV, sports and a lot more. I say, give it a try. I am confident you will like it.
How to Install Plutonium Kodi Build
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
To install any third-party plugin (addon or build) on Kodi, you must make sure that the security option Unknown Sources is enabled. Kodi, by default, keeps it disabled to prevent any malicious addon from installing automatically.
For safe addons or builds like Plutonium Kodi Build, turn on this option by following the steps below:
1. Open the main Settings menu of Kodi. To do that, you need to click the cog icon present on the Kodi home-screen (look at the top-left).
2. From the options in the Settings, click System.
3. Select or highlight the Add-ons menu on the left part of the next screen.
You should now see a few options on the right along with the Unknown Sources. This is the option you need to enable if it is OFF. Click the switch next to it.
4. Next, click Yes.
Do not concern yourself with this warning message. As I already told you, Plutonium Kodi build is hundred percent safe.
By enabling the Unknown Sources, you allow Kodi to accept the third-party build.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Now we can get started with the Plutonium Kodi Build installation. Here is how it goes.
1. You want to open the Kodi Settings again. As before, click the cog icon on the Kodi home-screen.
2. Open the option File manager on the following window.
3. Click and open the Add source option that you see on the next window.
4. A new window should appear. Click <None>.
5. On this window, there is a keyboard on the bottom and the empty field to enter the source URL on the top.
Type in the following URL carefully: http://ezzer-mac.com/repo.
Recheck the URL to make sure it has been entered correctly.
6. Now highlight the field Enter a name for this media source and select it.
7. Type in any name you wish to identify the media source with. Let’s go with ezzer Click OK.
8. Click OK to save changes.
Till this point in the process, you have added the source link and pointed Kodi to fetch the required files from it. We will see how in the next steps.
9. Go one step back and click Add-ons.
10. Choose Install from zip file on the next window.
11. Locate and click ezzer (or any other source name you might have added earlier).
12. You must now see a zip file on the next window with the name repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip.
Click this file.
13. In about 20-30 seconds, you should see the notification saying EzzerMacs Wizard Repository Add-on installed.
This is another part of the process taken care of. The repository you have just installed will be used to get the EzzerMacs Wizard.
14. Stay on the same screen on which the above notification appeared. Click Install from repository.
15. Open EzzerMacs Wizard Repository.
16. Click Program add-ons.
17. Click EzzerMacs Wizard.
18. Click Install.
19. Wait for the notification EzzerMacs Wizard Add-on installed.
You have successfully installed the wizard from which we will fetch the Plutonium Kodi Build.
20. You will now see three successive prompts on your Kodi screen. These prompts often pop up when you install a wizard addon like EzzerMacs Wizard.
Click Dismiss on the first prompt.
21. Click Continue on the next prompt.
Note: If you want to make any changes to any of the listed settings, click those settings before clicking Continue.
22. Click CLICK HERE on the third prompt.
Note: This prompt lets you directly go to the list of the builds upon clicking Not Used. But, I am clicking CLICK HERE so that I can tell you how to go the list from the home-screen of Kodi, in case you decide to install the build sometime later.
Note: These prompts may reappear. Again, click the same options.
23. Go to the home-screen of Kodi again. Now open Add-ons and Program Add-ons. In the Program Add-ons section, click the EzzerMacs Wizard.
24. Click the Builds tab on the top-left and the list of the builds will appear on the left side of the Ezzermacs Wizard interface.
25. Select the Ezzer-Mac’s Plutonium Build for your Kodi version (18 Leia or 17.6 Krypton).
26. Navigate to the right side of the window and click Click Fresh Install.
I always choose Fresh Install over Standard Install because it is best to install a build on Kodi from the scratch. If you like, you may choose Standard Install. But, it is likely to pose problems later.
27. Click Yes when prompted.
28. Now, all you got to do is wait for the build to install. The download and installation process usually take several minutes, depending upon the device and internet connection.
29. When the build is installed, click OK to force close Kodi. However, you’ll not receive any prompt in the new Kodi 18 update – the app would automatically force close.
You have successfully installed the Plutonium Build on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
A Quick Overview of Plutonium Kodi Build
Just like any other build, Plutonium Kodi Build is unpacked with a bunch of preloaded addons. There are plenty of addons to watch a variety of media content.
As you would expect, this build features a collection of on-demand addons to stream free movies and shows. But, it also has an impressive inventory of addons for live TV and sports. In fact, there is a special section for Kids content too.
When you launch the Plutonium Build on Kodi for the first time, it may appear slow. Don’t worry, there is no problem with the build. The first thing any build does after installation is to update its existing addons. Most likely, there are multiple addons with the new updates.
The update installation slows things down a bit. But, it is best to wait and allow the update to finish. The up to date addons perform faster and offer better content.
Plutonium Kodi Build’s theme is a little flashy with bright visuals. This is the kind of theme that appeals to many users. I also sometimes like such colors and contrast.
The interface and layout of the build look familiar as the layout is standard and quite like many other builds I have seen. It has the menu bar right across the width of the screen somewhere around the middle. The submenu bar is snapped to the main menu bar.
The main menu bar also has familiar options like Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Live TV, etc. Whether or not you have used any Kodi build in the past, you should get the hang of Plutonium Kodi Build in no time.
Just go ahead and start exploring the build. Plenty of exciting options are waiting to be unraveled.
Plutonium Kodi build may not necessarily be the most popular name in the world of Kodi builds, but it merits attention. I discovered this build while I was looking for new Kodi builds that could be useful for my readers. I used it for a while and it kind of grew on me. With many addons for all types of video content I like to watch and several utility tools, it made perfect sense. So, I also decided it would be a good idea to introduce this build to you. Here, I am with this guide. Let me know how you feel about this build through the comments section below.
- Best Kodi Addons
- How to Install Venom Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to install No Limits Magic Build
- How to Install GAIA Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More