I am going to show you how to install Hard Nox build on Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix. The images in this guide were captured on a computer, but the process works just as well on all the Kodi devices such as FireStick, Android mobile devices, Android TV, etc.
Kodi’s true potential is unleashed through add-ons that are abundantly available on the web. But, there are so many of them to choose from, I often get confused. Yes, I can handpick and install some popular addons, but I am always in need of more. There is so much to watch, and I can’t always pick the right addon. That’s the reason why I have started relying on Kodi builds like HardNox.
A build like HardNox makes my life easier and my Kodi experience a whole lot better. This build packages tons of top-quality add-ons for a wide range of streaming choices. Whether you want to watch movies, TV shows, news, sports content, adult stuff, or even live TV, HardNox Kodi build has it all for you. And, before I forget, let me tell you that most stuff here is free.
Let me guide you through the step-by-step process to install Hard Nox build on Kodi.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Steps to Install HardNox Kodi Build
You would probably already know that Kodi has a security setting that wouldn’t let you install the third-party builds and addons by default. So, before we start with the HardNox installation, there’s a setting we are going to change. Here is what you need to do:
1. Launch Kodi and stay on the home screen. From the home screen, click ‘Settings’, which you will find on the upper-left corner
2. Click ‘System’
3. Now go ahead and select ‘Add-ons’ on the list on the left sidebar. On the right of the window, you will see ‘Unknown Sources’ and a switch next to it. Click the switch to the ON position
4. A prompt will appear asking for your confirmation. Click Yes to proceed.
Hard Nox Kodi Build is 100% safe. So, do not hesitate while clicking Yes above.
Now, I am going to show you how to install a Hard build on Kodi. The process could get a little lengthy. Therefore, I will divide it into four easy steps. Here is how we will proceed:
- Add the source to install the Misfit Mods repository
- Install the Misfit Mods repository from the source
- Install Misfit Mods Wizard from the repository
- Install Hard Nox Kodi build from the Misfit Mods Wizard
Let us now go through each part one by one.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Add the source to install the Misfit Mods repository
Follow the steps below to add the source:
1. Return to the home screen of Kodi and click ‘Settings’ on the upper-left corner, just under the Kodi logo
2. Click File manager from the list of the available options on the next screen.
3. Now go ahead and click Add source.
4. Next, click the option <None> as you can see in the image below.
5. A new window will pop up with an onscreen keyboard. Enter the URL of the Misfit Mods source http://misfitmods.com/mmwiz/repo/
It is important to enter the URL exactly as shown here. Typos will lead to errors and installation problems. Click ‘OK’ when you are done typing.
6. Type in a name you want to identify this source with. I recommend choosing something relevant as you would need it later. I am choosing misfit, as you can see in the image below. The name goes in the Enter a name for this media source field. Click OK when you are ready.
This adds to the source. Now, let’s install the Misfit Mods repository.
Install the Misfit Mods Repository
Follow the easy steps below to install the repository on your Kodi app:
1. Go back to the Kodi home-screen and from there click Add-ons on the left panel.
2. On the top-right, click the Package Installer icon (which also looks like the Dropbox icon).
3. Next, select Install from zip file.
You will see an additional popup on Kodi 19 at this point. Click Yes to continue.
4. Now, scroll down a bit (if you have to), and you should see the source name you added earlier. In our case, we will click misfit.
5. You should now see a bunch of folders and zip files. Click the file named repository.misfitmods.zip.
6. This will start installing the Misfit Mods repository from which we will later install the Misfit Mods Wizard, and eventually HardNox builds on Kodi.
Just wait for the misfit mods: Repository Add-on installed notification, as you can see on the top-right of the image below.
That’s it! You have installed the repository. Now we install the Misfit Mods Wizard.
Install Misfit Mods Wizard from the Misfit Mods Repository
Here is what you need to do:
1. Continue from the last step in the previous section, where we waited for the repository installation notification. Or, If you are on the Kodi home-screen, just click Add-ons, then click the Package Installer icon again on the top-left.
2. Click Install from repository.
3. Click misfit mods: Repository.
4. Click Program Add-ons.
5. Now click Misfit Mods Wizard.
6. Click Install on the bottom left (as shown in the image below).
7. When you see the Misfit Mods Wizard Add-on installed notification (like in the image below), it means that the Wizard has been installed.
8. The moment the Wizard is installed, you will see this pop-up note from the developers. Select Remind Me Later if you want to see this pop-up again. I am going to click Dismiss
9. You will see another pop-up, this time asking whether you would like to enable any of the listed settings. I am clicking Continue as I have nothing to change. If you want to enable any settings, click them before hitting ‘Continue.
10. One more prompt will appear. To go to the build menu directly, click the Build Menu button. I am clicking ‘Ignore’ because I will show you how to get to the build menu from the home screen of Kodi.
11. If you see the above three prompts again, just click the Dismiss, Continue and Ignore buttons again
Now, we are going to install the Hard Nox Kodi build from the Misfit Mods Wizard.
Install HardNox build on Kodi using the Misfit Mods Wizard
This is the final part of the process and usually takes the longest. You will want to go to Kodi home-screen for it. This is how it goes:
1. From the Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons > Program Add-ons. In this section, you will find the Misfit Mods Wizard icon.
2. Click the icon to open the Wizard.
3. Next, the Builds tab in the top-left corner.
Or, click Builds in the menu on Kodi 19.
4. Click one of the HardNox builds on the list (HardNox Ultra, HardNox Smash, or HardNox Xtreme).
5. You are presented with two options: Install and Standard Install.
Fresh Install will wipe out all your Kodi data, remove all your addons, and clear all your existing Kodi settings. Install, on the other hand, will retain some of the data.
When I am installing an elaborate build like HardNox, I usually don’t need to retain any data. So, I am going with ‘Fresh Install’. Of course, you may choose to install if you like
6. Click Yes to confirm that you are ready to clear all the Kodi data and reset it to default
7. Wait for the Hard Nox Kodi build to install.
8. When the build is installed, a prompt appears. Click OK to Force Close Kodi.
9. You have successfully installed Hard Nox build on Kodi. Now, run Kodi again, and you will see that the loading/booting screen has changed.
10. This is how the home-screen of Kodi looks like with the HardNox Kodi build. By default, the ‘Movies’ option is selected in the menu. As expected, the build is packed with preinstalled addons.
If you would go to Add-ons > Video add-ons from the home screen, you will see the list of all the content-related add-ons (check the image below). As we see, there are some solid add-ons such as DeathStar, The Magic Dragon, 7 Of 9, Seren, and others.
HardNox builds for Kodi has addons for all types of content, including Movies, TV Shows, Sports, Live TV, and a lot more.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
The beauty of Kodi lies in the addons and the builds like Hard Nox make sure you don’t have to work hard to get them. As is evident, Hard Nox Kodi build packs some of the best Kodi addons. What I also like about Hard Nox Kodi build is that it does not slow down my device. It is lighter than a lot of other builds and works smoothly even on Firestick. Yes, I have used HardNox build on FireStick and other devices and barely experienced any performance differences. All in all, it is one solid Kodi build and certainly deserves a try.
- How to Install The Joker Kodi Builds on FireStick
- How to Install No Limits Magic Kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install The Grind Kodi Build on FireStick
- How to Install Duff Light Kodi Build on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More