You will find the detailed instructions to install DejaVu addon on Kodi. These instructions can be worked on all the devices that support Kodi. I have used Deja Vu on FireStick 4K, Fire TV Cube, Windows, Mac, etc.
DejaVu Kodi addon seems like a happy discovery at the time when so many popular Kodi addons have gone offline. This addon has a wide range of streaming categories for movies, shows, and other types of video content. I have been hearing good things about DejaVu on various forums. After having used in various devices, I was sure I was going to write this guide. And, I have also included Deja Vu in our list of best addons for Kodi.
It takes only a few minutes to install DejaVu. The user interface of this addon is straightforward and easy to use. You can browse content easily through the categories and nested subcategories. All in all, it is one incredible add-on to give a shot.
Steps to Install DejaVu Kodi addon
The third-party addons like Deja Vu can be easily installed on Kodi. However, you must first go into the Kodi settings and allow such installations. It is easy. Here is how you can do it:
Allow third-party installations
1. Once you run the Kodi app, the home window will appear. On this window, you will find the gear/cog icon somewhere around the upper-left corner. Click this icon and open the Kodi Settings
2. After opening the Settings, click System if you are using Kodi 18 Leia or any newer Leia version
Note: On Kodi 17.6, we need to click System Settings
3. On the window that opens next, go ahead and click Add-ons. It is on the left menu
4. We now go to the right section of the same window (with Add-ons on the left clicked)
Here, we check whether Unknown Sources is ON or OFF
If it is OFF, we move the toggle to turn it ON
5. There is a brief warning that says keeping Unknown Sources could potentially harm your device. However, we are going to install DejaVu, which is a completely safe addon
Click Yes and dismiss this warning message
You have set up Kodi and it is now ready to install DejaVu addon. Let’s get started.
DejaVu Kodi addon installation
The following set of steps will tell you how to install Deja Vu on Kodi. These steps are for Kodi 18 Leia. But I have pointed out the difference just in case you are still using Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
Here are the steps:
1. We go to the home window of Kodi again. On the home window, we click Settings again, like before
2. Within the Settings, we click File manager this time
3. Next, we will click Add source (if you are using Kodi on a computer, double-click instead)
You may click Add Source on either side
4. This is the dialog box that shows up next. Here, we are going to click <None>
5. This window lets you enter the source path from where we would be installing the DejaVu Kodi addon
Here is what we will type in: https://dejavurepo.github.io
Check the path once to make sure you entered it correctly
6. Now we are required to name the path/source we provided in the previous step
I have decided to name it DV
You may choose any other name you like
7. We again go back to the home window of Kodi
If you have Kodi 18 Leia, go ahead and click Settings
If you use Kodi 17.6, click Add-ons
8. Now we click Add-ons on the next screen on Kodi Leia
On Kodi 17.6 you will see a different screen. In the upper-left corner, click the icon with the open-box image
9. Open Install from zip file
10. You must now find the source name you added in Step 6 on this window. Click it
I named it DV so that’s what I am going to click
11. You may see a couple of zip file here
Here, x.x.x denotes the version number of this file, which may vary from what you see on your Kodi if there has been an update
12. Now we wait
The DejaVu Repo installed notification is displayed shortly
13. We now click Install from repository
14. You will find the DejaVu Repo that you installed. Click it!
15. Go ahead and open Video add-ons
16. Now click DejaVu addon
17. Click Install on the window that appears next
18. On Kodi 18, this window displays the list of the additional addons which will also be installed along with DejaVu. This window does not appear on Kodi 17.6
19. While DejaVu addon is being installed, you might see this prompt from the YouTube addon asking if you would like to Execute setup-wizard?
YouTube is one of the supporting addons for Deja Vu. But you don’t need to set it up for DejaVu to work.
20. It will take about 2-3 minutes for DejaVu Kodi addon to install. The confirmation of installation is displayed in the top-right corner
Great. You have successfully installed DejaVu addon on Kodi.
How to Use DejaVu addon on Kodi
DejaVu appears to be a straightforward addon to me. You don’t need to do anything special to get started with it. In fact, unlike many other Kodi addons, it does not even have any settings to configure.
Go to Add-ons > Video add-ons to access DejaVu:
Here is the main window of the DejaVu Kodi addon:
There are a variety of categories for movies and shows including 4K UHD Movies, Debrid Latest Movies, Debrid Classic Movies, Latest Movies One-Click, 24/7 content and more. In addition, DejaVu also offers content for Kids, Documentaries, YouTube videos, Jukebox collection, Online Radio, and more.
DejaVu uses both scraping and torrenting technology to fetch the quality content for you.
I recommend pairing your premium Real-Debrid account with this addon for a better streaming experience.
You can click Authorise Debrid option on the bottom of the main screen to set up Real Debrid and other premium services.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
When the popular Kodi addons started getting shut down, I started looking for more options. I would say DejaVu has been a lucky discovery for me. This addon is fairly new as I write this article and it looks very promising. It has a superb collection of movies and shows and a variety of other types of video content.
You will find many free streams on DejaVu. However, if you are looking to unleash the true potential of this Kodi addon, I would suggest you pair it with Real Debrid. It will work wonders with RD.
Deja Vu is as easy to install as it is to use. The content library sees regular updates. Therefore, you will always have something new to watch. I am also adding DejaVu to our collection of top Addons for Kodi.
Related:Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More