In this guide, you will learn to install the Asgard Kodi addon. You can stream with this addon on any device on which you use Kodi, including FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV boxes, Mobiles, Computers, and more.
Asgard is an all-in-one Kodi addon with options to watch on-demand movies and shows as well as IPTV. In addition, it has other sections like kids, documentaries, and more.
The addon looks like a decent option to watch your favorite content. It is fetching plenty of free links. However, for a superior streaming experience, you can always set it up with Real Debrid.
Asgard Kodi addon also allows Trakt integration.
Asgard looks like a promising Kodi addon and it has been added to our list of best Addons for Kodi.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to install Asgard addon on Kodi
The addon we are going to install comes from a third-party source. Meaning, it is not included in the official repository of Kodi. To install any third-party addon, there is one quick change we need to make in the security settings of the Kodi app no matter which device you are using it on.
Here, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings. You need to click the cog or the gear icon in the top-left area of the home screen of the Kodi app (check the image below)
2. When this window is displayed, highlight and then click the tile System
3. On the following window, you see a menu column on the left
Go ahead and click Add-ons
4. Now, go to the right and enable the option named Unknown Sources
If it is already enabled, just leave it as it is
5. When you enable this option, the following prompt is triggered
Click Yes here
This will configure the Kodi app and let you install the Asgard addon.
Asgard Kodi addon installation steps
Following are the steps to install this addon on Kodi on any device:
1. Go to the Settings window one more time by clicking the gear icon in the top-left section of the home screen of Kodi
2. Now, go ahead and open the File manager
3. You could see the Add source option on both sides of the next window. You may click either of them.
Note: On a PC, you need to double-click this option
4. The following dialog box is now displayed. Click where you see <None>
5. We are now going to carefully type in the following source link in the designated section on this window:
Type it exactly the way you see it here and avoid any typos
6. You are now taken back to this screen. We must name the source path we provided in the previous step
You may keep the default name ‘repo’ or give it a custom, a more identifiable name like I am doing (asgard)
7. Now, press the back button on time and get back to this window again or navigate to it from the home screen of Kodi
8. Click the item Install from zip file on the following window
9. Select Yes when you see a pop-up notifying addons installed from zip (excluding official Kodi repositories) must be manually updated.
10. Now, go ahead and click the media source name that you added in one of the previous steps
It is going to be asgard for this guide
11. The following zip file is displayed on the next window: repository.NarcasistWizard.zip
Click the file
12. Give it a few seconds. You will see the repository installation notification in the top-right corner
13. Now, click the option Install from repository
14. Click the repository you just installed: Narcasist’s Wizard Repository
15. Choose Video add-ons next
16. Here you find the Asgard addon among other addons
Go ahead and click it
17. Now, choose the Install button located in the bottom-right corner
18. Click OK when the following prompt appears containing the list of all the additional addons that will be installed along with Asgard
19. Wait for a couple of minutes. You see the Asgard Add-ons installed notification in the top-right corner.
Well, that’s how you install Asgard addon on Kodi.
How to use Asgard Kodi Addon
Asgard seems like a straightforward Kodi addon. Therefore, it won’t take too long to get a hang of it.
I will give you a quick overview of the addon in this section. I will also show you how to configure Real Debrid with Asgard.
To access Asgard or any other Kodi addon, go to the home screen. You may now simply select or highlight (not click) the Add-ons option in the left column. The installed addons will appear on the right.
Or, you may instead click Add-ons in the left column and on the next screen highlight/select Video add-ons. You may now click Asgard addon which appears in the right section.
This is the main screen of the Asgard Kodi addon.
Here, you find several categories including One-Click Section, Non-Debrid Section, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, Sports, Documentaries, Anime, IPTV, Trakt Section, and Settings.
Asgard is pretty much an all-in-one addon. However, the IPTV section is not the most reliable at this time. There are other live TV addons you could try instead.
Let me show you how to configure Real Debrid with Asgard Kodi addon. Even though this addon gets many free links, it is always better to use Real Debrid for a more satisfying streaming experience.
On the main screen, scroll to the bottom and click Settings
Click Authorize Debrid Services on the next window
On this popup screen, click Authorize with Realdebrid
Note: If you use any other Debrid service, click that instead
You should now see a popup window with the RD authorization code
The prompt also mentions a URL. Access the URL https://real-debrid.com/device in any web browser of your choice on a mobile or computer
If needed, sign in with your RD account and enter the code displayed on your screen.
Once Real Debrid is successfully authorized, you see the notification in the top-right corner that says Real Debrid Resolver Authorized
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
Asgard Kodi addon seems like a decent option to watch movies, shows, and a lot more. This addon features many free links and also supports Real Debrid. In addition, you can sign in with Trakt to sync your streaming data across devices and apps. Give it a try.
- How to Install Add That Source Kodi Addon
- How to Install Morpheus Kodi Addon
- How to Install The Oath Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More