In this guide, you will learn to install the Asgard Kodi addon. You can stream with this addon on any device you use Kodi, including FireStick, Fire TV, Android TV boxes, Mobiles, Computers, and more.
What is Asgard?
Asgard is an all-in-one Kodi addon with options for watching on-demand movies, shows, and live TV. In addition, it has other sections like kids, documentaries, and more.
The addon is a decent option to explore your favorite content. Moreover, it fetches plenty of free links. However, for a superior streaming experience, you can always set it up with Real Debrid.
Asgard Kodi addon also allows Trakt integration.
Asgard looks like a promising Kodi addon and has been added to our list of best Addons for Kodi.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is Asgard Safe and Legal?
According to Virus Total, the Narcacist Repository from where you download the Asgard addon is safe. Virus Total is a reputable online antivirus service. Here is the scan result of the repository zip file:
The legality of a third-party addon like Asgard is a different domain. FireStickTricks.com cannot say for sure if this addon is entirely legal. Asgard may fetch you video links from unofficial sources. Unfortunately, there is no way to find out if all the sources have copyright permission from the content creators.
I advise you to stream only the videos that are available in the public domain. It would also be a great idea to use ExpressVPN with Asgard to maintain your privacy and avoid legal trouble.
How to install Asgard addon on Kodi
The addon we are going to install comes from a third-party source. Meaning it is not included in the official repository of Kodi. To install any third-party addon, there is one quick change we need to make to the security settings of the Kodi app, no matter which device you are using it on.
Here, follow these steps:
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
1. Go to the Kodi Settings. You need to click the cog or the gear icon in the top-left area of the home screen of the Kodi app (check the image below).
2. When this window is displayed, highlight and click the tile System.
3. The following window shows a menu column on the left. Go ahead and click Add-ons.
4. Now, go to the right and enable the option named Unknown Sources. If it is already enabled, leave it as it is.
5. When you enable this option, the following prompt is triggered. Click Yes here.
This will configure the Kodi app and let you install the Asgard addon.
Asgard Kodi addon installation steps
Following are the steps to install this addon on Kodi on any device:
1. Go to the Settings window one more time by clicking the gear icon in the top-left section of the home screen of Kodi.
2. Now, go ahead and open the File manager.
3. You can see the Add source option on both sides of the next window. So you may click on either of them.
Note: On a PC, you need to double-click this option.
4. The following dialog box is now displayed. Click where you see <None>.
5. We are now going to carefully type in the following source link in the designated section on this window:
Type it exactly the way you see it here and avoid any typos. Click OK.
Note: The URL above downloads the Narcacist Repository from its original source. FireStickTricks.com has no association with the developers of the repository or those who host this URL.
6. You are now taken back to this screen. We must name the source path we provided in the previous step. You may keep the default name ‘repo’ or give it a custom, more identifiable name like I am doing (asgard). Click OK.
7. Now, press the back button on time and get back to this window again or navigate to it from the home screen of Kodi. Click Add-ons.
8. Click the item Install from zip file on the following window.
9. Select Yes when you see a popup notifying addons installed from zip (excluding official Kodi repositories) must be manually updated.
10. Now, go ahead and click the media source name you added in one of the previous steps. It is going to be asgard for this guide.
11. The following zip file is displayed on the following window: repository.NarcasistWizard.zip. Click the file.
12. Give it a few seconds. You will see the repository installation notification in the top-right corner.
13. Now, click the option Install from repository.
14. Click the repository you just installed: Narcasist’s Wizard Repository.
15. Choose Video add-ons next.
16. Here, you find the Asgard addon, among other addons. Go ahead and click it.
17. Now, choose the Install button located in the bottom-right corner.
18. Click OK on the following prompt.
19. Wait for a couple of minutes. You see the Asgard Add-ons installed notification in the top-right corner.
Well, that’s how you install the Asgard addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to use Asgard Kodi Addon
Asgard seems like a straightforward Kodi addon. Therefore, it won’t take too long to get the hang of it.
I will give you a quick overview of the addon in this section. I will also show you how to configure Real Debrid with Asgard.
Go to the home screen to access Asgard or any other Kodi addon. You may now select or highlight (not click) the Add-ons option in the left column. The installed addons will appear on the right.
Or, you may instead click Add-ons in the left column, and on the next screen, highlight/select Video add-ons. You may now click the Asgard addon in the right section.
This is the main screen of the Asgard Kodi addon. Here, you find several categories: One-Click Section, Non-Debrid Section, and sections for Movies, TV Shows, Kids, Sports, Documentaries, Anime, Live TV, and more.
Let me show you how to configure Real Debrid with the Asgard Kodi addon. Even though this addon gets many free links, it is always better to use Real Debrid for a more satisfying streaming experience. So first, scroll to the bottom of the main screen and click Settings.
Click Asgard Debrid on the left. Select Real-Debrid in the Asgard Choose debrid service menu. Click Asgard Re-auth Real-Debrid.
You should now see a popup window with the RD authorization code. The prompt also mentions a URL. Access the URL real-debrid.com/device in any web browser on a mobile or computer. If needed, sign in with your RD account and enter the code on your screen.
Once Real Debrid is successfully authorized, you will see the notification in the top-right corner that says Real Debrid Resolver Authorized. It’s done.
This post outlined how to install the Asgard Kodi addon. This addon seems like a decent option to watch movies, shows, and much more. This addon features many free links and also supports Real Debrid. In addition, you can sign in with Trakt to sync your streaming data across devices and apps. Give it a try.
- How to Install Add That Source Kodi Addon
- How to Install Magic Dragon Kodi Addon
- How to Install The Promise Kodi Addon
- How to Install Odin Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More