This tutorial demonstrates how to install the Grindhouse Builds on Kodi 19. This build can be installed on Fire TV devices (such as FireStick and FireStick 4K), Android Tablets & Mobiles, iPhone and iPads, Computers and all other Kodi devices.
Grindhouse Wizard brings to you a solid collection of builds for Kodi. As I write this guide, this wizard hosts over three dozen Kodi builds. There are plenty of options for both Kodi 18 Leia and Kodi 19 Matrix. The Grindhouse builds are available in varying sizes for all kinds of devices. Grindhouse is now also part of our list of top Kodi Builds.
Grindhouse Kodi Builds
We will cover the following during the installation process:
– Switch on the security option Unknown Sources
– Install a Grindhouse Build on Kodi
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Switch on the Unknown Sources
This part is required because it will enable the installation of the build. You cannot install the Grindhouse builds without taking care of this first. Here are the steps:
1. Go to the Kodi Settings. You can access Settings from the home screen as you see in the image below. Click the cog icon.
2. From these options, click System.
3. Now navigate to Add-ons item on the menu on the left side of the screen.
4. Go to the right side and make sure that the option Unknown Sources toggle is in the ON position. If it is disabled or OFF, turn it ON.
5. Grindhouse Kodi builds are safe. So, click Yes when prompted.
Kodi has now been configured to install the builds. Let’s go to the next part.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Install Grindhouse Kodi Builds
Following are the complete set of steps to install the desired Grindhouse build on Kodi:
1. Open the File manager option by going to the Kodi Settings one more time (gear icon on the Kodi home screen).
2. Now click Add source.
3. You must now see the following dialogue box. Click in the box where it says <None>.
4. We will now enter the source URL from where we will install the build. Here is the path: http://grindhousekodi.tk/repo. Click OK once done.
Note: Type the path exactly as provided without any typos. At FST, we don’t host or own the repo, we have just provided you with the official link of the Grindhouse Repository.
5. Click the input box under Enter a name for this media source.
6. Type the source name of your choice. Let’s say we name it grindhouse. After that, click OK.
7. Click OK to save the changes.
8. Now press the back button one time to return to the Settings page. There, click Add-ons (check the image below).
9. Open the option Install from zip file.
10. A warning pop-up will appear on Kodi 19, click Yes to continue.
11. Click the source name you provided earlier.
It’s grindhouse in this case.
12. Now access the zip file named repository.grindhousekodi-x.x.zip
Note: Here x.x replaces the version number. Click the zip file even if the version number you see in the image below is different from what you see on your screen.
13. Grindhouse Repository will take about a minute to install. So wait for the notification that is displayed in the top-right corner.
14. Next, go to Install from repository.
15. Open the Grindhouse Repository.
16. Click Program add-ons.
17. Click Grindhouse Wiz or MF’in Grindhouse 19 Wizard (on Kodi 19) next.
18. Click Install on the following window.
19. Click OK to install additional dependent add-ons.
20. Grindhouse Wiz or MF’in Grindhouse Wizard 19 addon may take a couple of minutes to install. Wait for the notification.
21. Once the Wiz has installed, the following prompt is displayed. Click Continue or simply press the back button.
22. You must now see this prompt. Click on the Ignore button.
23. Keep pressing the back button to go back to the home screen of Kodi. Highlight Add-ons on the left and click Grindhouse Wiz or MF’in Grindhouse Wizard 19.
24. You must now see the following screen. Click Builds.
25. The list of the available builds appears on the screen. Go ahead and click the build you wish to install for your version of Kodi.
I am installing Blue Lite for the demonstration purposes from the MF’in Grindhouse Wizard 19, Kodi 19 builds.
26. Now go ahead and click Install.
Note: You may even click Install instead of Fresh Install. I prefer the latter because it wipes Kodi clean and gives me a fresh start (Kodi 18).
27. Wizard would ask you to download and install the Blue Lite build, click Yes, Install to continue.
28. The build will now begin to download. It usually takes just a few minutes. However, it also depends on your location and network speed.
Wait for the process to complete. After that, the build will automatically start installing.
29. Click OK to force close Kodi application and to finalize the installation of the Blue Lite build.
This is exactly how you install the Grindhouse Builds on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use Grindhouse Kodi Build: A Quick Look
Grindhouse has a big collection of Kodi builds. You can pick any build you like from the list. Since we installed Blue Lite build for demonstration, let’s take a quick look at it.
Blue Lite Kodi build has the following home screen:
The wallpapers are dynamic and change every few seconds. It has the following set of home menu items you can use for streaming purposes:
– Favs (only if you have added items to favorites)
When you hover on a home menu item, the related options are displayed below as sub-menus.
Here is the list of popular addons you will find here:
The build keeps things lightweight and minimal by stripping down to basics. If you are interested in more options, you can try one of the other, more feature-rich Grindhouse Kodi builds. Also, you can explore and install more addons from our list of Best Kodi Addons. Here is our guide on how to install any addon over a build.
Grindhouse is a decent repository of Kodi builds. You will find a diverse range of builds for all sorts of devices. Try a few builds and you will find one you would want to stick with.
Blue Lite is one of my favorite Grindhouse Kodi builds. It is extremely lightweight and does not exceed 150 MB of installation data. It has just a bunch of addons but they are the most popular ones and hence do a fine job of streaming movies and shows. This build does not have any Live TV option on the home menu. However, it has some multipurpose addons that let you stream live satellite TV from around the world. The build’s font is not very legible but it can be changed in the Skin settings.
- How to Install FANime Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Misfit Mods Lite
- How to Install Fen Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install 7 Of 9 Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More