Tired of your current Kodi interface? In this article, I’ll take you through how to install the Atomic Matrix build on Kodi. These instructions work for all devices that can run Kodi, like Amazon FireStick, Nvidia Shield, Android TV boxes, tablets, smartphones, and computers. Before the instructions, I’ll briefly discuss what the build has to offer. Atomic Matrix only works on Kodi 19.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
What Is Atomic Matrix?
If you’re a pro Kodi user, you probably already know about Kodi builds and how they work. Builds have been around for just about as long as the Kodi community has. They’re functional and aesthetic upgrades that let you experience the extensive streaming capabilities that Kodi has to offer. For those who don’t want to go through the hassle of installing individual addons, builds offer a great alternative, getting you everything you need in one go.
Like most other builds, Atomic Matrix isn’t just a new look. It comes bundled with many video addons, and these will automatically get downloaded when you boot up Kodi for the first time after installing the build.
Before we get started, let’s have a word about some potential concerns.
Is Atomic Matrix Build Safe and Legal?
As you may have guessed, you can’t download Atomic Matrix from the official Kodi repository, which causes some users hesitation. Indeed, you’ll need to manually add a third-party repository. In this case, you don’t have to worry about the safety aspects, as we’ll be using the reputable Misfit Mods Repository to get the Atomic Matric build.
That said, FireStickTricks.com can’t verify whether it’s legal to use Atomic Matrix. This build is free, and the addons that come bundled with it pull their streams from a variety of sources. FireStickTricks.com can’t verify the validity or legality of these sources, so it’s better to tread carefully. I always recommend using a VPN when streaming on third-party addons.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
How to Install Atomic Matrix on Kodi
Now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about installing the build. I separated the installation steps into several different parts to make them easier to follow.
First, we’ll need to enable a setting called unknown sources. Then, we’ll add the Misfit Mods Repository, which hosts the Atomic Matrix build. We need the Misfit Mods Wizard in order to install the build, so that will be the third part. Finally, we’ll use the wizard to install the Atomic Matrix build.
Let’s start the first part, which is tweaking that Kodi setting.
Part 1: Enabling Unknown Sources
1. Start Kodi and click on button for Settings.
2. Select System from the grid.
3. Select Add-ons on the left side.
4. Select Unknown Sources to switch the toggle to the right, which means the setting is enabled.
5. Select Yes on the warning in order to proceed.
The setting is enabled, so we can add third-party sources now. Let’s add the repository.
Part 2: Installing the Misfit Mods Repository
1. Press your back button to return to the settings menu and click File manager.
2. Select Add source.
3. Click where it says <None>.
4. Enter http://misfitmods.com/mmwiz/repo exactly as I show it here. Click OK to move on.
Note: FireStickTricks.com doesn’t distribute or host the Misfit Mods Repository. It’s supplied by the developers of the repository.
5. Click the field where you can Enter a name. Enter and confirm the name misfits.
6. Select OK to finalize the new source.
7. Press your back button again to go to Settings and click on Add-ons.
8. Click on Install from zip file.
9. You’ll see a popup warning. Click Yes to continue.
10. Click the misfits source we just added.
11. Select repository.misfitmods.zip. On some devices, you’ll have to press OK as well.
12. You’ll see an Add-on installed notification appear in the top-right corner of your screen when the repository installation is complete. Remain on this screen.
To install Atomic Matrix from the repository, we need to get the Misfit Mods Wizard, so that’s what we’ll do next.
Part 3: Installing the Misfit Mods Wizard
1. This time, select Install from repository.
2. Click on misfit mods: Repository.
3. Click on Program add-ons.
4. Click Misfit Mods Wizard 19.
5. Click on Install.
6. When you’re told that additional add-ons need to be installed, select OK to proceed.
7. Wait a minute while the wizard downloads.
8. You’ll get a similar Add-on installed notification to let you know the wizard has been installed. You’ll also see a Misfit Mods Wizard popup.
Now that we have the Misfit Mods Wizard, we can finally get the Atomic Matrix build. Let’s do it!
Part 4: Installing the Atomic Matrix Build
1. Select whatever preferences you’d like and press Continue.
2. This will lead you to another popup that allows you to start up the wizard. Select Build Menu to do just that.
3. When the wizard opens, select ATOMIC MATRIX 19 (v1.9).
Note: 1.9 is the latest version as of the writing of this article. If you see a newer version, select it just the same.
4. Scroll down the following menu and select (Misfit Mods Wizard) Install at the bottom.
5. Select Yes, Install to confirm that you’d like to proceed.
6. You’ll now be shown a progress bar for the installation.
7. After the installation process finishes, you’ll be shown a prompt that tells you Kodi needs to be shut down before changes can be applied. Select OK to continue with the forced shutdown.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
When you reboot Kodi, you’ll immediately see a new custom loading screen. Your Kodi will be using the Atomic Matrix interface, which means the installation was successful.
You’ll need to wait a bit to start watching though, as the build will now proceed to download addons it depends on for its streaming capabilities and other functionalities.
When the build has installed every component, it will load the home screen, and you’ll be ready to start browsing and streaming.
In this guide, I showed you how to install the Atomic Matrix build on Kodi. Let me know whether you enjoy your experience with Atomic Matrix.
If the neon-green theme isn’t quite your cup of tea, you can always try out one of the other builds available through the Misfit Mods Wizard. Or you can check out my list of the best Kodi builds for even more options. Just remember to use a VPN. Happy streaming!
- How to Install Element Reborn Kodi Build
- How to Install Misfit Mods Lite Kodi Build
- How to Install Titanium Kodi Build
- How to Install No Limits Magic Kodi Build
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More