In this walkthrough, I will demonstrate how to install BMC Build on FireStick and Kodi 19. The FireStick method is also applicable to Fire TV, Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube. The Kodi method works on all the devices compatible with Kodi, including Amazon FireStick.
Badazz Media Center, more popularly referred to as BMC, is a source for some cool new Kodi addons and builds. The BMC Build menu features a decent collection of builds for a range of Kodi supported platforms. BMC also offers a set of APKs allowing you to install the builds separately on Android devices, without having to install them on Kodi.
The APKs are basically the fork of Kodi but dedicated to the chosen BMC builds. They don’t come with the default Kodi Estuary skin interface. In other words, when you install a build APK, you install a variant of Kodi designed specifically for that build.
The biggest advantage of this arrangement is that you can continue using Kodi as is while enjoying your favorite BMC Build as a separate app altogether. On the flip side, this restricts the BMC builds only to the Android since APKs cannot be used on other platforms.
Thankfully, you can install BMC Builds directly on Kodi too. This makes the builds available on other platforms such as iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Sounds confusing? Don’t be. Let me simplify it for you. Here is what we are going to do today:
- Install a BMC Build as a separate app on FireStick (Not working anymore)
- Install BMC Build on Kodi
How to Install BMC Build on FireStick
Attention, FireStick Users!
Governments and ISPs constantly monitor your online activity, and accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick could lead to serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to mask your IP address and securely stream your favorites.
I personally use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure VPN available. Not only is it easy to install on any device, it comes with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Plus, if you're not 100% satisfied, you can always get a refund. ExpressVPN is currently also offering a whopping 3 extra months free on their annual plan!
BMC Build app isn’t working anymore with FireStick, kindly check out the second section to install BMC builds on Kodi.
Before installing the BMC Build app, the first thing you want to ascertain is that your FireStick setting allows sideloading the third-party apps. Here is what you need to do:
- From the home-screen of your FireStick or Fire TV device, go to the Settings (this option is on the top)
- Navigate to and click My Fire TV (it may also be listed as Device)
- Open Developer Options
- If the option Apps from Unknown Sources is OFF, click it and switch it ON
- Don’t worry about the following warning message. BMC FireStick is a safe app. Click Turn on to continue
Now you can install any third-party app on FireStick.
Install BMC Build APK on FireStick
You probably already know that FireStick still does not let you download the APK files directly from the web browsers. Therefore, you need an additional app to sideload apps on the device.
I recommend Downloader app. It is a straightforward, easy to use side-loading tool for FireStick. Here are the quick steps to download and install this app:
- Select search from the menu on the top of the home-screen of FireStick
- Type Downloader and click the Downloader app in the search results
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
Installing BMC Builds is a two-part process as follows:
- Part 1: Install Midian Builds Interface
- Part 2: Install the Desired Build
Part 1: Install Midian Builds Interface
You can think of Midian Builds Interface as the builds menu from where you can pick and install the desired build. Follow these steps to install Midian Builds interface:
- Open the Downloader app
- Click the URL field on the right part of the window (make sure the Home tab is selected on the left)
- An onscreen keyboard will pop up. Here is the URL you need to type in: http://bit.ly/bmcbuild
Press the Play key on your remote or click the Go button on the screen after entering the URL
- You should now be redirected to the Browser section of the Downloader app. You will see a bunch of builds listed on the page that loads up in the browser. You can choose any build you like for Kodi Krypton 17.6. I am going with Midian Builds – 17.4.apk (it works fine on 17.6 as well)
- Wait while the Downloader app downloads the chosen APK file. It may take a few minutes depending upon your internet speed
- When the file has been downloaded, the Downloader app will automatically run it. On the next screen, click Install
- Wait for the Midian Builds APK to install. Again, it may take a minute or two
- When the build app is installed, you will see the following window saying App installed. Click Done to return to the Downloader app home-screen to delete the APK file you downloaded earlier. Removing the file will save some space on the FireStick storage.
- Click Delete
- Click Delete again
Part 2: Install the Desired BMC Build on Fire TV Stick
Follow the steps below:
- Hold down the Home key on the remote of FireStick for nearly 5 seconds until you see the following window. Click Apps and open the Your Apps & Channels section
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of the apps and click Midian Builds
- Click the build you wish to install from the Midian Builds interface on the left. I am going forward with Simply Krypton for demonstration purposes. Moreover, except the Kids build, all other builds offer the same content with the only difference of graphics.
- Wait for the build to download and install
- When the build is installed, you will see the following prompt. Click OK to force close the Midian Builds interface
- You will be back to Your Apps & Channels. Scroll down if you must and click the Midian Builds again (as shown in the following image). It will open the Simply Krypton build interface.
That will be all! You have successfully installed the BMC Build on FireStick. We will explore this build a little later in this guide. For now, we will learn how to get a VPN on Fire Stick for safe streaming and then install BMC Build on Kodi.
Your FireStick / Fire TV is now all ready to stream your favorite content. However, before you start, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming free movies, TV shows, Sports might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and is very easy to install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on your Fire Stick / Fire TV, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV Stick and go to Find followed by Search option.
Step 3: Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results.
Step 4: Click Download to install the ExpressVPN app on Fire TV / Stick.
Step 5: Open the app and enter the login credentials that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click Sign in.
Step 6: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Install BMC Build on Kodi
What you just did was install the BMC Build on a Kodi fork on FireStick. This fork is dedicated to the BMC Build. However, if you don’t want to install a separate app (the Kodi fork), you can install BMC Build directly on Kodi.
The Kodi fork APK is only for the Android platform. On the other hand, with Kodi, you can use the build on several other devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Here are the steps:
1. Launch Kodi and click Settings (it is the gear/cog icon on the top-left of the home screen).
2. Click System.
3. Select Add-ons on the left tab. Then, click the Unknown Sources toggle/switch on the right to turn it ON (if it is OFF).
4. Ignore this warning message and click Yes. I have personally tested the BMC Build and it is safe.
5. Press the back button/backspace just once to return to the Settings menu on the previous screen. Click File manager.
6. Click Add source.
7. Click where you see the option <None>.
8. Carefully type in the following URL in the designated field on the top: http://tinyurl.com/bmcrepo1. Click OK.
9. Go ahead and type a name in the field that says Enter a name for this media source. You can pick any name you like. I am naming it bmcrepo1. Click OK when you are ready (make sure your screen looks like what you see below).
10. Go back to the Kodi Settings screen and click Add-ons.
11. Open Install from zip file.
12. A warning sign will pop-up, click Yes to continue.
13. Click bmcrepo1 or the source name you added earlier.
14. Click the zip file repository.Wherethemonsterslive.zip.
15. Wait until you see the notification Where the Monsters Live Repo Add-on installed. It will appear in the top-right corner.
16. Click Install from repository while staying on the same window.
17. Open Where the Monsters Live Repository.
18. Choose Program add-ons.
19. Click Badazz Media Center Wizard / Badazz Matrix Wizard.
20. Click Install on the following window.
21. Click OK to confirm the installation of the additional add-ons.
22. Wait for the Wizard to install. You will see the installation progress on the screen. Badazz Media Center Wizard Add-on installed pop-up will be displayed when the addon is installed.
23. A pop-up will appear. Select any settings you want to enable (or leave it as is) and click Continue.
24. Click Ignore when the following pop-up appears.
25. Go back to the Kodi home-screen and navigate to Add-ons > Program add-ons. Click Badazz Media Center Wizard or Badaaz Matrix Wizard.
26. Click (Badazz MatrixWizard) Builds on this screen.
27. You will find a bunch of builds such as Kryptic, The Fantasy Life, Simply Krypton, Kids Only, and The Basics Build (on Kodi 17 and 18). Click the one you wish to install.
As I’m using Kodi 19, there’s only one available – so I am going ahead with Simply Matrix.
28. Click (Badazz MatrixWizard) Install.
29. Click Yes, Install to download the required content for Simply Matrix. Build will start downloading.
30. Next, click Fresh Install to erase all your Kodi data before installing the build. I recommend this option but you can also cancel it by selecting No Thanks.
No matter what option you choose, the build will start installing after this step.
31. Click OK when prompted to close Kodi and finalize the installation.
This is exactly how you install the BMC Build on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
Exploring the BMC Build
Let me give you a quick overview of the BMC Build. Since I installed Simply Matrix Build in this guide, that’s the build we will explore.
Whether you installed Simply Matrix BMC Build on FireStick or directly on Kodi, you will a similar interface like the following:
Before you start using the build, wait for it to finish updating the addons. The build will be faster once all the add-ons have been updated.
The layout of the build is comparable to most other builds with menu bar around the bottom and across the width of the screen. Following are the menu items:
- TV Shows
- Live TV
- Kids Club
- Sports Zone
- Wolf Pack
Select an option and the relevant addons or options will line up above the menu bar. For instance, Cool Stuff option is selected in the image above and the related addons appear on top of it.
The submenu bar is aligned to the bottom of the menu bar. However, it remains hidden by default. You need to pull it down. Simply select an option in the menu bar and press the down key/button to display it.
For instance, I selected TV Shows and pulled down the submenu bar; the following options appeared:
If you want to see the list of all the video addons, select System in the menu bar, bring down the submenu and click Video Add-Ons. Simply Matrix has some popular addons like:
BMC Build app on FireStick isn’t working anymore.
If you intend to use the BMC Build app on FireStick regularly, you may want to move it up to the home-screen. A newly installed app may not appear on the home-screen. Here is what you can do:
- Press and hold the Home button on your Amazon FireStick remote for 5 seconds
- Click Apps on the window that appears
- Go to the bottom of the list of the apps and select Midian Builds
- Press the Menu key on the remote (3 horizontal lines)
- Click the option Move on the bottom right of your TV screen
- Drag the Midian Builds icon to the top row and drop it there by pressing the OK button on the remote
Badazz Media Center has come up with an impressive collection of builds for Kodi. I have tried all the builds and they work smoothly on all the platforms including my FireStick. I had been using the old builds as no new, good builds had been introduced lately. However, BMC Builds look promising and I think I will continue using them for a while.
Related:Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More