In this walkthrough, I will demonstrate how to install BMC Build on FireStick and Kodi. The FireStick method is also applicable to Fire TV, Fire TV Stick 4K and Fire TV Cube. The Kodi method works on all the devices compatible with Kodi, including Amazon FireStick.
Badazz Media Center, more popularly referred to as BMC, is a source for some cool new Kodi addons and builds. The BMC Build menu features a decent collection of builds for a range of Kodi supported platforms. BMC also offers a set of APKs allowing you to install the builds separately on Android devices, without having to install them on Kodi.
The APKs are basically the fork of Kodi but dedicated to the chosen BMC builds. They don’t come with the default Kodi Estuary skin interface. In other words, when you install a build APK, you install a variant of Kodi designed specifically for that build.
The biggest advantage of this arrangement is that you can continue using Kodi as is while enjoying your favorite BMC Build as a separate app altogether. On the flip side, this restricts the BMC builds only to the Android since APKs cannot be used on other platforms.
Thankfully, you can install BMC Builds directly on Kodi too. This makes the builds available on other platforms such as iOS, Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Sounds confusing? Don’t be. Let me simplify it for you. Here is what we are going to do today:
- Install a BMC Build as a separate app on FireStick
- Install BMC Build on Kodi
How to Install BMC Build on FireStick
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users' online activities. If found streaming copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick, you could get into serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend you to get the best FireStick VPN and hide your identity so that your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
I use ExpressVPN which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don't like their service, you can always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you can get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
Before installing the BMC Build app, the first thing you want to ascertain is that your FireStick setting allows sideloading the third-party apps. Here is what you need to do:
- From the home-screen of your FireStick or Fire TV device, go to the Settings (this option is on the top)
- Navigate to and click My Fire TV (it may also be listed as Device)
- Open Developer Options
- If the option Apps from Unknown Sources is OFF, click it and switch it ON
- Don’t worry about the following warning message. BMC FireStick is a safe app. Click Turn on to continue
Now you can install any third-party app on FireStick.
Install BMC Build APK on FireStick
You probably already know that FireStick still does not let you download the APK files directly from the web browsers. Therefore, you need an additional app to sideload apps on the device.
I recommend Downloader app. It is a straightforward, easy to use side-loading tool for FireStick. Here are the quick steps to download and install this app:
- Select search from the menu on the top of the home-screen of FireStick
- Type Downloader and click the Downloader app in the search results
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install the app
Installing BMC Builds is a two-part process as follows:
- Part 1: Install Midian Builds Interface
- Part 2: Install the Desired Build
Part 1: Install Midian Builds Interface
You can think of Midian Builds Interface as the builds menu from where you can pick and install the desired build. Follow these steps to install Midian Builds interface:
- Open the Downloader app
- Click the URL field on the right part of the window (make sure the Home tab is selected on the left)
- An onscreen keyboard will pop up. Here is the URL you need to type in: http://bit.ly/bmcbuild
Press the Play key on your remote or click the Go button on the screen after entering the URL
- You should now be redirected to the Browser section of the Downloader app. You will see a bunch of builds listed on the page that loads up in the browser. You can choose any build you like for Kodi Krypton 17.6. I am going with Midian Builds – 17.4.apk (it works fine on 17.6 as well)
- Wait while the Downloader app downloads the chosen APK file. It may take a few minutes depending upon your internet speed
- When the file has been downloaded, the Downloader app will automatically run it. On the next screen, click Install
- Wait for the Midian Builds APK to install. Again, it may take a minute or two
- When the build app is installed, you will see the following window saying App installed. Click Done to return to the Downloader app home-screen to delete the APK file you downloaded earlier. Removing the file will save some space on the FireStick storage.
- Click Delete
- Click Delete again
Part 2: Install the Desired BMC Build on Fire TV Stick
Follow the steps below:
- Hold down the Home key on the remote of FireStick for nearly 5 seconds until you see the following window. Click Apps and open the Your Apps & Channels section
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list of the apps and click Midian Builds
- Click the build you wish to install from the Midian Builds interface on the left. I am going forward with Simply Krypton for demonstration purposes. Moreover, except the Kids build, all other builds offer the same content with the only difference of graphics.
- Wait for the build to download and install
- When the build is installed, you will see the following prompt. Click OK to force close the Midian Builds interface
- You will be back to Your Apps & Channels. Scroll down if you must and click the Midian Builds again (as shown in the following image). It will open the Simply Krypton build interface.
That will be all! You have successfully installed the BMC Build on FireStick. We will explore this build a little later in this guide. For now, we will learn how to get a VPN on Fire Stick for safe streaming and then install BMC Build on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with BMC build on your Fire Stick, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Fire Stick. A VPN helps you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is also very easy-to-install on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start using BMC build, let’s see how to use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities hidden from prying eyes.
Step 1: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
Step 2: Power ON your Fire TV / Stick and go to “Search” option on the extreme left. Now type “Expressvpn” (without quotes) in the search bar and select ExpressVPN when it shows up in the search results
Step 3: Click “Download” to install the ExpressVPN app for Fire TV / Stick.
Step 4: Open the app and enter your login credentials which you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription. Click “Sign in”
Step 5: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for FireStick.
You can also read more detailed info on using ExpressVPN with Fire TV / Stick.
How to Install BMC Build on Kodi
What you just did was install the BMC Build on a Kodi fork on FireStick. This fork is dedicated to the BMC Build. However, if you don’t want to install a separate app (the Kodi fork), you can install BMC Build directly on Kodi.
The Kodi fork APK is only for Android platform. On the other hand, with Kodi, you can use the build on several other devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
Here are the steps:
- Launch Kodi and click Settings (it is the gear/cog icon on the top-left of the home screen)
- Click System settings
- Select Add-ons on the left
- Click the Unknown Sources toggle/switch on the right to turn it ON (if it is OFF)
- Ignore this warning message and click Yes. I have personally tested the BMC Build and it is safe
- Press the back button/backspace just once to return to the Settings menu on the previous screen. Click File manager
- Click Add source
- Click where you see the option <None>
- Carefully type in the following URL in the designated field on the top: http://tinyurl.com/bmcrepo1
- Go ahead and type a name in the field that says Enter a name for this media source. You can pick any name you like. I am naming it BMC
Click OK when you are ready (make sure your screen looks like what you see below)
- Go back to the Kodi home-screen
- Click Add-ons
- Click the Box icon in the top-left corner (it is called Package Installer)
- Open Install from zip file
- Click BMC or the source name you added earlier
- Click the zip file Wherethemonsterslive.zip
- Wait until you see the notification Where the Monsters Live Repo Add-on installed. It will appear in the top-right corner
- Click Install from repository while staying on the same window
- Open Where the Monsters Live Repository
- Choose Program add-ons
- Click Badazz Media Center Wizard
- Click Install on the following window
- Wait for the Wizard to install. You will see the installation progress on the screen
- Badazz Media Center Wizard Add-on installed pop-up will be displayed when the addon is installed
- Click Dismiss when you see the greetings and notes from the developers
- Select any settings you want to enable (or leave it as is) and click Continue
- Click Midian Builds when the following pop-up appears
- In case you didn’t click Midian Builds in the previous step, go back to the Kodi home-screen and navigate to Add-ons > Program add-ons. Click Badazz Media Center Wizard
- Click (BMC) Midian Builds on this screen
- You will find a bunch of builds such as Kryptic, The Fantasy Life, Simply Krypton, Kids Only, and The Basics Build. Click the one you wish to install. I am going ahead with Simply Krypton
- Since you are installing the build for the first time, click First Time Installs
- Click Yes, Install
- Wait for the build to download and install. It may take 4-5 minutes
- Click Force Close when prompted to close Kodi and finalize the installation
This is exactly how you install the BMC Build on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons / Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Kodi users are strongly advised to connect a VPN while streaming. A VPN for Kodi will bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and geo-restriction on popular Add-ons. I always connect ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices and I suggest you do the same.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it freely for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for the full refund.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your device.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
Exploring the BMC Build
Let me give you a quick overview of the BMC Build. Since I installed Simply Krypton Build in this guide, that’s the build we will explore.
Whether you installed Simply Krypton BMC Build on FireStick or directly on Kodi, you will see the same interface:
Before you start using the build, wait for it to finish updating the addons. The build will be faster once all the add-ons have been updated.
The layout of the build is comparable to most other builds with menu bar around the bottom and across the width of the screen. Following are the menu items:
- TV Shows
- Cool Stuff
- Kids Club
- Sports Zone
- The Sounds
- TV Guide
Select an option and the relevant addons or options will line up above the menu bar. For instance, Cool Stuff option is selected in the image above and the related addons appear on top of it.
The submenu bar is aligned to the bottom of the menu bar. However, it remains hidden by default. You need to pull it down. Simply select an option in the menu bar and press the down key/button to display it.
For instance, I selected TV Shows and pulled down the submenu bar; the following options appeared:
If you want to see the list of all the video addons, select System in the menu bar, bring down the submenu and click Video Add-Ons. Simply Krypton has some popular addons like:
If you intend to use the BMC Build app on FireStick regularly, you may want to move it up to the home-screen. A newly installed app may not appear on the home-screen. Here is what you can do:
- Press and hold the Home button on your Amazon FireStick remote for 5 seconds
- Click Apps on the window that appears
- Go to the bottom of the list of the apps and select Midian Builds
- Press the Menu key on the remote (3 horizontal lines)
- Click the option Move on the bottom right of your TV screen
- Drag the Midian Builds icon to the top row and drop it there by pressing the OK button on the remote
Badazz Media Center has come up with an impressive collection of builds for Kodi. I have tried all the builds and they work smoothly on all the platforms including my FireStick. I had been using the old builds as no new, good builds had been introduced lately. However, BMC Builds look promising and I think I will continue using them for a while.
Related:Liked the Guide? Don't Forget to Share with your Family & Friends
Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.