In this article, I’ll cover how to install FANime Kodi addon. While I perform the steps below using an Amazon FireStick, you may follow these steps for any Kodi-supported device, like NVIDIA SHIELD, Mac, Windows PC, Mac, Linux, Android, and iPhone. The FANime Kodi addon is supported on Kodi 20 Lexus and on Kodi 19 Matrix. Before I show you how to install it, let me tell you why you should.
Want to watch popular anime content for free? Look no further—the FANime Kodi addon has your back. FANime is a Kodi addon that offers tons of anime content in various genres. From movies to TV series, from new releases to classics, you’ll find every type of anime in the FANime Kodi addon. It would be surprising if the addon didn’t have an anime movie or show you wanted to watch.
FANime extracts streaming links for anime available elsewhere on the internet and compiles them for you in an easy-to-navigate interface. The addon has a search function, allows you to add subtitles in various languages, and lets you set video quality. You can also integrate your paid Real-Debrid account to search for premium anime links and download linked streams. The content database is updated frequently as well.
If you are looking for a smooth, lightweight, and high-quality Kodi addon for watching anime, FANime is your best bet. It’s hosted by the renowned Stream Army Repository and has millions of happy users worldwide. Its massive collection of anime content and fantastic ad-free experience make it one of the best anime addons available on Kodi.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is FANime Kodi Addon Safe & Legal?
FANime is hosted in the Stream Army Repo, which has been known for years to provide some of the best and safest addons for Kodi. But I wanted to put it to the test myself, just to be sure.
Since we have to download the entire Stream Army Repo to get the FANime addon, I used a popular web analysis tool to check the safety of the Stream Army Repo. As expected, the result was comforting. Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal wasn’t able to identify any security threat within the Stream Army Repo files. Here’s the screenshot of the scan.
So FANime Kodi addon is safe to use. But is it legal to use? FANime isn’t hosted in the official Kodi repository, which raises red flags. Streaming content through the FANime Kodi addon exists in a legal gray area. Unfortunately, FireStickTricks.com can’t confirm whether the addon is legal or illegal to use.
As you already know, the FANime Kodi addon extracts streaming links for your favorite anime content. And in doing so, FANime could extract copyrighted, licensed, or regionally restricted content. But knowing which links are legally sourced and which are not requires understanding every legal factor for every piece of content—making it awfully easy to unknowingly access illegal content.
That doesn’t mean all content on the FANime Kodi addon is illegal. Some content exists in the public domain, so accessing that content by any means is legal. But since there isn’t a foolproof way to determine whether you’re breaking any laws or regulations, it would be wise to take precautions. FireStickTricks.com explicitly opposes illegal streaming—that said, I recommend using a high-quality VPN like ExpressVPN when streaming on FANime.
How to Install FANime Kodi Addon
Now I’m going to show you how to install FANime on your device. For you to easily follow these instructions, I’ve separated them into four parts. We’ll change a Kodi setting, add the source of a repository, install the repository, and finally install FANime addon from the repository.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources
The first step to install the FANime Kodi addon is to enable “Unknown sources” in your Kodi settings. This is because FANime is a third-party Kodi addon. Without turning on this setting, we wouldn’t be able to add the source of the repository containing the addon.
Without further ado, let’s change the setting.
1. Launch the Kodi application on your device. In my case, it’s the Amazon FireStick.
2. Then, click on the settings gear just below the Kodi logo in the top-left corner.
3. On the next screen, select System at the bottom right.
4. In the left panel, scroll down and go to the Add-ons tab. Then, in the right panel, scroll down to Unknown Sources and select it, turning it on.
5. You’ll see a warning message. Click on the Yes button to proceed.
Part 2: Add the Stream Army Repo Source
Now that we have allowed Kodi to access unknown sources, it’s time to add the Stream Army Repo source where the FANime addon is hosted.
1. Press the back button on your device until you’re at the Kodi home screen. Go to the settings gear again.
2. Select the first tile, File manager.
3. Scroll down and select Add source. It doesn’t matter which side of the screen you do this on.
4. Select the area labeled <None>.
5. An input box will appear, asking you to enter the URL of the media source. Carefully type http://streamarmy.co.uk/repo and click on the OK button.
6. Next, select the input box under the Enter a name for this media source to add a name for the repository.
7. Enter SA and click on the OK button.
8. Finally, click on the OK button to save the source.
Part 3: Install the Stream Army Repo From Zip File
So far, we have enabled unknown sources and added the Stream Army Repo source on Kodi. Now we’ll download the Stream Army Repo from that source.
1. Press the back button on your device until you’re at the Kodi home screen again. Click on the settings gear again.
2. Select Add-ons.
3. Scroll down and select Install from zip file.
4. You need to choose the repository to install. Find and select SA.
5. On the next screen, select the repository file at the very top. In the screenshot below, that file is repository.StreamArmy-13.0.003.zip.
Note: The number at the end of the file name may change as the repository is updated. Don’t worry about that.
6. You’ll be redirected to the Addons page, and after a few seconds, a notification will confirm that the Stream Army Repo has been installed. Don’t leave this screen.
Part 4: Install FANime Kodi Addon
We enabled unknown sources, added the repository source, and installed the repository. All we have to do now is install the FANime addon itself. Let’s use the Stream Army Repo to install FANime.
1. On the same screen as the last step, select Install from repository.
2. You’ll see all the repositories on your Kodi. Select the one that says Stream Army Repo.
3. Select Video add-ons at the bottom.
4. On the next screen, you’ll see all the video addons by Stream Army. Scroll down and select FANime.
5. Select the Install button in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
6. A window will tell you which other addons need to be installed for FANime to work correctly. Click OK.
7. FANime will begin downloading and installing.
8. Within a few seconds, the supporting addons will start being installed on your Kodi application, signified by the notifications in the top-right.
9. Finally, FANime will be installed on your Kodi app.
Fanime Kodi addon installation is now complete.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How To Set Up FANime Kodi Addon
Congratulations on successfully installing the FANime Kodi addon on your device. Now it’s time to set up the FANime Kodi addon before you start using it.
1. First, return to the home screen of your Kodi app using the back button on your device. Then, scroll down on the left side to the Add-ons tab.
2. Find and select FANime under the Video add-ons section on the right side of your screen.
3. On the first launch, the FANime Kodi addon will show you a popup for generating a code on the PIN System website. Select OK to continue.
4. On another device, such as your smartphone, open your web browser and go to https://pinsystem.co.uk. You’ll land on the PIN System home page.
5. Scroll down and click the Generate A Pin Code button.
6. You’ll be redirected to another page on the site. Once again, scroll down and click on the Click To View Pin button. Then, note the PIN generated by the website so you can enter on your Kodi app.
7. Now on your Kodi app, enter the PIN that was generated by the PIN System website. Then, click on the OK button to launch the FANime Kodi addon.
How To Use FANime Kodi Addon
Once you’ve successfully submitted your PIN, you’ll land on the home screen of the FANime Kodi addon. The home screen shows eight folders: Recent Releases, A to Z, Genres, New Seasons, Ongoing Series, Recently Added Series, Movies, and Popular. Beneath all the content folders is SEARCH.
You can browse each folder for a plethora of the corresponding content in good quality. For instance, you can click on the Recent Releases folder to check out all the latest and greatest anime TV shows and movies.
Clicking on the A to Z folder will show you another list of folders that alphabetize anime content from A to Z.
Similarly, choosing the Genres folder will open a list of folders, letting you browse anime TV shows and movies by genre.
To browse the anime movie links gathered by FANime, check out the Movies folder.
Lastly, you can use the SEARCH button at the bottom of the FANime home screen to search for your favorite anime TV shows or movies by title. Just enter your search in the input box and click on the OK button to search. After a few seconds, you’ll see all the results matching your search term.
When you install FANime addon on Kodi, you can easily watch and download your favorite anime TV shows and movies for free. I hope this detailed guide helped you to install FANime Kodi addon on FireStick or any other streaming device you have. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below.
- How to Install The Crew Addon on Kodi
- Install Patriot Kodi Addon
- How to Install ApeX Sports Kodi Addon
- Best Anime Apps for FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More