In this guide, I will show you how to install Gaia addon on Kodi 18.9 and lower versions. Our method works on all the Kodi devices including Android Mobiles, Amazon FireStick, Android TV Boxes, Windows, Mac, and more.
Gaia Kodi addon is a fork of one of the very popular addons, Bubbles. This addon offers you access to a wide range of movies and TV shows. Gaia scrapes the internet and fetches the high-quality content from multiple sources. It is also compatible with third-party services like Trakt.tv and Real Debrid. I like the design simplicity the Gaia addon interface has to offer. Run Gaia, simply pick a category and start streaming your favorite content.
After being non-functional for a while, Gaia is back on the scene with the version Gaia 4. This version works really well when you set it up with Real-Debrid. In fact, without Real-Debrid, it may not work at all.
The addon setup process has also changed. I will first cover the installation and later provide the detailed instructions to set up Gaia Kodi addon. Keep reading!
How to Install Gaia Kodi Addon
Gaia is a third-party addon and we need to make Kodi ready to install such add-ons. Follow the steps below to allow Kodi to install add-ons from external sources:
1. Launch Kodi and from the home-screen click Settings.
2. Open System settings on the next screen or just System if you use Kodi 18 Leia.
3. Now, click Add-ons (one of the options on the left sidebar). You will see Unknown Sources on the right. This option has a switch. Move that switch to the ON position.
4. Now, when you see the following prompt, warning you about the consequences of turning this feature ON, ignore the warning and click Yes.
Gaia Kodi addon is popular and safe. This is why we have no reason to worry.
Now that you have enabled the Unknown Sources, let’s get started with the installation process. Gaia addon for Kodi can be installed following the steps below:
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Step 1: Add the source to Kodi
In this part, we will add the source to Kodi from where we will eventually install the Gaia addon. Here is what you need to do.
1. Open Kodi and from the home-screen click Settings again. You will find Settings just under the Kodi log on the top-left.
2. On the next screen click File manager.
3. Now, go ahead and click Add source.
4. Next, you want to click the option <None> as you can see in the image below.
5. A new window will pop-up where you need to enter the source URL https://repo.gaiakodi.com/
Enter the address carefully as a small typo will result in installation troubles. You want Kodi pointing in the right direction with the right URL. Click OK to proceed
6. Now, you should see Enter a name for this media source. In this field, you need to type in a name for the source you have just added.
You may add any name of your choice you want to identify this source with. Name it something you can remember and relevant as you are going to need it later. I am naming it gaia. Hit OK button when done.
That’s how we add the source. The next step covers the steps to install the Gaia repository.
Step 2: Install the Gaia Repository
Every addon is the part of one repository or another. Gaia comes bundled with the eponymous repository. As is evident, we need to deploy the repository on Kodi first before we can install Gaia addon.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to Kodi home-screen and then click Add-ons on the left of the screen.
2. Now, click the icon that looks like the open box. It is the Package Installer icon and is placed on the top-left (see the image below)
3. Next, click Install from zip file.
4. Now, click the name that you chose for the source earlier. As you can see, I chose gaia and that name is listed on the next window. I am going to click it.
5. You should now see the zip file repository.gaia.zip. Click this zip file to proceed.
6. Now, wait for the addon installation notification. You will see this notification on the top-right.
This installs the Gaia repository on Kodi.
Step 3: Install Gaia Kodi Addon
Now, this is the part where we finally install the Gaia addon on Kodi. We will use the Gaia Repository that we just installed. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Kodi home-screen, click Add-ons on the left and then click the Package Installer on the top-left.
2. Now, click Install from repository option.
3. Next, click Gaia Repository from the list of the installed repositories on your system.
4. Click Video add-ons on the next window.
5. On the next screen click Gaia.
6. Click Install. You will find this button on the bottom-right.
Kodi 18 users will see an additional prompt with the list of the additional addons that are installed along with Gaia. Click OK
You may also see a prompt asking to choose the addon version. Choose the latest version of the addon
7. Now, all you need to do is wait for the Gaia add-on installed notification as you can see in the image below.
You have successfully installed the Gaia Kodi addon on Kodi.
How to Set Up Gaia on Kodi
You can go to the Kodi home-screen and when you select ‘Add-ons’ you might see Gaia here depending upon the number of add-ons you have installed. If you don’t see it on home-screen, click Add-ons and then click Video add-ons.
You will see the Gaia addon for Kodi icon among the other video addons.
1. When you open Gaia Kodi addon for the first time, this is the first prompt you see. Click OK to continue.
2. Click Agree on the following Gaia – Disclaimer prompt.
3. Click OK on the Gaia- Configuration Wizard.
4. Click OK again.
5. Next, click Basic Settings Without Help Labels if you use Kodi 18 Leia
6. Click Reaper Setup on the next window.
7. Click OK next.
8. Click Yes.
9. Click Continue when the Gaia – Configuration Wizard appears.
10. Click Continue when you see this window.
11. Click Continue on the following prompt.
12. Click Continue on the top of the list again.
13. You can now choose between Automatic and Manual playback. I prefer Manual as it lets me select the best link from the list.
14. Click anywhere outside this prompt to get rid of it.
15. On the Gaia addon main-screen click Tools.
16. Open Settings.
17. Click Advanced next.
18. Select Providers 1 on the left
On the right, scroll down and click Installation under Civitas Providers.
Note: If you don’t see the Installation option, click Defaults button on the right.
19. Click Yes when prompted.
Wait for the installation to finish. Once that’s done, close Kodi and reopen it
You may now see an additional prompt, similar to the one below for OpenScrapers. Click Yes on that prompt as well
20. Go back to Tools > Settings > Advanced and click Providers 1 on the left. On the right, under Civitas Scrapers, click Providers.
21. Click Disable All.
22. Click Enable English.
23. Click Close.
24. Go back to Gaia add-on main-screen and open Tools > Verification.
25. Click Providers.
26. Wait for the verification to complete.
27. When the verification finishes, press the back button.
28. Click Yes to enable the working providers and disable the failed providers.
29. Go back to the Gaia addon main-screen and navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced
Click Accounts 1 on the left on the Gaia Settings window
Scroll down and enable Real Debrid
30. Click Authentication.
31. A Token/code will appear on the screen now. Go ahead and open the following link on a computer or mobile and enter the code to authenticate Real-Debrid: https://real-debrid.com/device
That will be all! Return to the Gaia Kodi addon main-screen and start enjoying your favorite content
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
In the times when so many popular addons are either shutting down or losing the quality streams, Gaia comes as a pleasant addition to my list. I have been using this addon for several days and I am really surprised to see the kind of streams it has been able to fetch. I have never had difficulty playing the title I wanted to watch. Well, so far so good and I hope it stays the same in the future. Go ahead and give this addon a try.
Related:Legal Disclaimer - FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality or security of any add-ons, apps or services mentioned on this site. Also, we do not promote, host or link to copyright-protected streams. We highly discourage piracy and strictly advise our readers to avoid it at all costs. Any mention of free streaming on our site is purely meant for copyright-free content that is available in the Public domain. Read our full disclaimer.
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More