In this guide, I will show you how to install Gaia addon on Kodi. The method in this article works on all Kodi devices. The list includes Android mobiles, Amazon FireStick, Android TV boxes, Windows, Mac, and more.
Gaia Kodi addon is an extension of Bubbles, one of the most popular plugins. This addon provides access to an extensive library of movies and TV series. Gaia scrapes the internet and fetches high-quality content from several sources. It also supports services like Trakt.tv and Real Debrid.
Gaia’s simplistic style appealed to me. Run Gaia, select a category, and begin streaming what you like. Gaia’s latest version works well when you set it up with Real-Debrid.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Features of Gaia?
Here are some features of the Gaia Kodi addon:
- A simplified setup wizard for easy setup.
- Supports tons of premium link providers.
- It lets you install free external providers.
- Easy to access sections with minimal fuss.
Is Gaia Safe and Legal?
Gaia Kodi addon is a third-party addon. Although it comes from a reputable repository, it’s still unofficial. On record, Kodi provides no support for any third-party addons or repositories. Hence, at FireStickTricks.com, we can’t say whether Gaia is safe for your device.
I tested the Gaia Repository zip file on Virus Total. Turns out, there’s nothing wrong with the file on the surface level. Please check it out:
In terms of legality, the Gaia Kodi addon’s status is unknown. Given that it’s a third-party addon that relies on providers, there’s no way for us at www.FireStickTricks.com to see if the addon is legal. So, I’ll advise using a trusted VPN service like ExpressVPN to use Gaia.
How to Install Gaia Kodi Addon
Gaia is a third-party addon, so we must go through various steps to install it. For the ease of my readers, I have split this section into the following three parts:
- Part 1: Turn On Unknown Sources
- Part 2: Install Gaia Repository
- Part 3: Install Gaia Kodi Addon
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
Part 1: Turn On Unknown Sources
This part covers the most essential step: enabling unknown sources on Kodi. By default, Kodi doesn’t allow the installation of third-party repos and addons. So, here’s how to turn it on:
1. Launch Kodi, and from the home screen, click Settings.
2. Open System.
3. Now, click Add-ons (one of the options on the left sidebar).
4. You will see Unknown Sources on the right. This option has a switch. Move that switch to the ON position.
5. When you see the following prompt warning, ignore it and click Yes.
Now you have enabled Unknown Sources. Let’s get started with the installation process. Gaia addon for Kodi can be installed following the steps below:
Part 2: Install Gaia Repository
Every addon is part of one repository or another. Gaia comes bundled with the eponymous repository. As is evident, we need to deploy the repository on Kodi before installing the Gaia addon.
In this part, we will add & install the Gaia repository source to Kodi. Here is what you need to do:
1. Click Settings again.
2. On the next screen, select File manager.
3. Now, go ahead and click Add source.
4. Next, you want to click the option <None>, as you can see in the image below.
5. A new window will open where you must enter the source URL: https://repo.gaiakodi.com. Click OK to proceed.
Note: The URL mentioned above is purely for educational purposes. FireStickTricks.com is not affiliated with the developers of the repository.
6. Now, you should see Enter a name for this media source. In this field, you must type in a name for the source you just added.
You may add any name of your choice that you want to identify this source with. Name something you can remember as you are going to need it later. I am naming it Gaia. Hit the OK button when done.
7. Go one screen back and select Add-ons.
8. Next, click Install from zip file.
9. Now, click the name you chose for the source earlier. As you can see, I chose gaia.
10. You should now see the zip file repository.gaia.full.zip. Click it.
11. Now, wait for the Gaia Repository (Full) Add-on installed notification. You will see this notification on the top right.
This installs the Gaia repository on Kodi.
Part 3: Install Gaia Kodi Addon
This is the part where we finally install the Gaia addon on Kodi. We will use the Gaia Repository that we just installed. Follow the steps below:
1. Select Install from repository.
2. Next, click Gaia Repository (Full) from the list of installed repositories.
3. Click Video add-ons on the next window.
4. On the next screen, click Gaia.
5. Click Install. You will find this button on the bottom right.
6. An additional prompt with the list of the additional addons installed along with Gaia. Click OK.
7. All you need to do is wait for the Gaia add-on installed notification, as shown in the image below.
You have successfully installed the Gaia addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Set Up Gaia on Kodi
1. Go to the Kodi home screen and select Add-ons from the left tab. Then, open Gaia from the Video add-ons sub-tab.
2. Wait for Gaia to load up on your Kodi app.
3. The Gaia setup wizard will start. Click CONTINUE to go ahead.
4. By default, the Primary language is set to English. You can choose to change. Once done, click CONTINUE.
5. Next, click CONTINUE to set up Gaia with Standard Metadata.
Note: You can also pick basic or advanced Metadata.
6. Ensure the Preprocessed Metadata is enabled, then click CONTINUE.
7. Wait for Gaia to install Metadata.
8. Click CONTINUE on the UTILITY ACCOUNTS screen.
9. Click Continue, as we’ll set up Trakt later.
10. Once again, click CONTINUE on the DEBRID ACCOUNTS screen.
11. Hit Continue, as we’ll set up Real Debrid later.
12. Click CONTINUE to let Gaia analyze your hardware.
13. Wait for the diagnostic to end.
14. Select CONTINUE to complete the DIAGNOSTIC screen.
15. Now, choose Speed, Mixed, or Results as per your preference. Then, click CONTINUE.
16. Gaia will ask you to support information providers like TVDb, TMDb, etc. Press CONTINUE.
17. Select CONTINUE on the Gaia project support screen.
18. Finally, click FINISH to complete the Gaia wizard setup.
How to Use Gaia Kodi Addon
Welcome to Gaia! The home screen is split into nine sections. To watch films, open Movies.
Inside, you have nine sub-folders like Arrivals, Categories, Lists, Sets, etc. Feel free to explore them.
Next, open Shows.
This section shares sub-folders similar to Movies. Take your time and explore them all.
Next, we have Docus.
You can discover documentaries by Search People, Lists, Categories, and more here.
Next up, we have the Kids section.
You’ll find folders like Movies, Shows, Docus, Shorts, and Search.
Lastly, we have the Search function.
You can search Movies, Sets, Shows, Docus, Shorts, People, and more.
Setup External Providers with Gaia Kodi Addon
Gaia heavily relies on premium services. However, you can install free external providers to watch your favorite content without paying anything.
1. On the Gaia addon main screen, click Tools.
2. Open Settings.
3. Click Advanced next.
4. Select Providers on the left.
5. Choose Provider Configuration.
6. On the next window, scroll down and select External Providers.
7. Select Fenom Scrapers.
Note: You can choose to install any other scrapers you like.
8. Choose Install.
9. Click Install when prompted to install the scrapers.
10. Wait for the installation to finish.
11. A notification will appear on the top right, confirming the scraper has been installed.
12. Open Settings.
13. Now, click Enable All Providers.
14. Select OK to save the changes.
How to Connect Real Debrid with Gaia
Gaia supports multiple premium hosters, including Real Debrid. As I use Real Debrid due to its reliability, here’s a quick rundown on how you can integrate it with this addon:
1. Navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced. Then, select Premium.
2. Scroll down and enable Real Debrid.
3. Click Authentication.
4. A prompt will appear, close it.
5. A prompt with the URL and code will appear on the screen now. Go ahead and open the following link on a computer or mobile and enter the code to authenticate Real-Debrid: real-debrid.com/device.
Enter the code on the website and use the website’s instructions to complete the setup.
6. A notification will appear on the right side informing about RealDebrid Authentication.
That will be all! Return to the Gaia Kodi addon main screen and start enjoying your favorite content.
How to Connect Trakt with Gaia
Along with premium scrapers, Gaia also supports accounts like Trakt. Trakt is a fantastic service that lets you sync your watch history. Here’s how to connect it with Gaia:
1. Go to Tools > Settings > Advanced. Then, select Accounts.
2. Under Trakt, toggle on Enable.
3. Click Authentication.
4. A Gaia Trakt prompt will appear. Go to https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the code you see on Kodi. Then, use the site’s instructions to complete the setup.
5. On success, a Trakt Authentication notification will appear on the top right side of your screen.
This guide showed how to install the Gaia Kodi addon. In these times when so many popular addons are shutting down or losing quality streams, Gaia is a pleasant addition to my list. I have been using this addon for several days. And I am shocked to see the kinds of streams it has been able to fetch. I have never had difficulty playing the title I wanted to watch. Go ahead and give this addon a try.
- How to Install Homelander Kodi Addon
- Install Asgard Kodi Addon
- The Crew Kodi Addon
- How to Install Scrubs Kodi Addon
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More