In this guide, you will learn to install the Shadow addon on Kodi. You can stream with this addon on FireStick, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and all other Kodi devices.
What is Shadow Addon?
Shadow is an on-demand addon for Kodi that lets you watch Movies and TV Shows. This addon works only with premium-hoster services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All-Debrid.
The addon displays tons of high-quality links through premium hosting services. It also seems faster than many other Kodi addons I have used. Shadow Kodi addon also features an extensive collection of movies and shows. For these reasons, Shadow has been added to our Best Addons for Kodi collection.
Additionally, Shadow addon offers one-click playback as well. You need to enable the one-click option manually. I have provided the steps later in the guide.
Attention, Kodi Users!
Kodi Addons and builds offer unlimited streaming content, but could also get you into legal trouble if caught streaming free movies, TV shows, or sports. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. Kodi users are strongly advised to always connect to a VPN while streaming online. A good Kodi VPN hides your identity, bypasses government surveillance, geo-blocked content, and ISP throttling (which also helps in buffer-free streaming).
I personally use ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon FireStick. You get 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied, you can always ask for a refund.
Is Shadow Safe & Legal?
I have this addon on multiple devices. It hasn’t posed any safety problems. I have also scanned the zip file of the addon repository (Magnetic Repo). The scan result does not show anything to be worried about. Here is the proof:
I am not so sure about the legality of the Shadow Kodi addon. This addon gets streaming links from dozens of online sources. Many of these sources are unverified. FireStickTricks.com does not have the resources to verify each source.
I recommend you watch only the content in the public domain. However, if you are unsure and want to avoid the consequences of accidentally watching videos from an unverified source, always use ExpressVPN with the Shadow addon.
How to install Shadow addon on Kodi
Addons installed from the Kodi Add-ons Repository are the official addons. Add-ons downloaded from third-party sources are called third-party addons.
Shadow is a third-party Kodi addon. For such an add-on, you need to change one Kodi setting before installation.
Follow these steps:
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. FireStickTricks.com doesn’t own, host, operate, resell, or distribute any streaming apps, addons, websites, IPTV or services. The page contains some unverified services, and we are not certain whether they hold legal licenses to distribute the content. FireStickTricks.com does not verify the legality of each app/service in all regions. Do your due diligence if you use any of the unverified apps/services, and stream only content that is available in the public domain. The end-user shall be solely responsible for the media accessed.
1. Go to the home screen of Kodi. Navigate to the top-right corner. Click the cog/gear icon to open Kodi Settings.
2. Now, select and open the System tile.
3. On the left part, go ahead and highlight Add-ons in the menu bar.
4. In the right area, check the status of the option Unknown Sources. If it is switched off, click the switch and enable it.
5. When prompted, click Yes to confirm your action.
Shadow Kodi addon installation steps
You may now install this addon on Kodi. Follow the detailed yet simple steps below:
1. Go to the Settings window one more time. Choose the option File manager.
2. Here, you can see the Add source option on both sides. You can click either of them (on a computer, you need to double-click it).
3. Kodi now displays the following window. Go ahead and click where you see the option <None>.
4. Now we need to type the source URL in the text field on this window http://magnetic.website/repo. Type this URL carefully to avoid any mistakes. Click OK.
Note: FireStickTricks.com is not associated with the developers of the Magnetic Repo, the Shadow addon, or this URL.
5. To continue, you need to provide the source name in the marked text field. You are free to choose any name you like. Let’s go with magnetic. Click OK when you are ready.
6. Press the back button once and go back to the Kodi Settings window again (or navigate to this window from the home screen). Open the Add-ons tile.
7. Go ahead and open Install from zip file.
8. On this window, you will see the media source name you picked earlier. Click the source name here. I will click magnetic – the name I chose for this guide.
9. When you see the zip file repository.Magnetic-x.x.x.zip, click it to install the repository.
Note: The version number of the file in the image below may have changed at the time when you install the Shadow Kodi addon.
10. After about 30 seconds, a notification appears in the top-right corner saying Magnetic Repo Add-on installed.
11. Now, we click Install from repository.
12. Open the Magnetic Repo you installed just now.
13. Go ahead and click Video add-ons.
14. You will find the Shadow Kodi addon on this window after scrolling down a little bit. Click this addon.
15. Click the Install button in the bottom-right section of this window.
16. The addon usually takes 1-2 minutes to install. Shadow Add-on installed notification will confirm it.
That’s it. This is how you install the Shadow addon on Kodi.
Before you start streaming with Kodi Addons or Builds, I would like to warn you that everything you stream on Kodi is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies, TV shows, live TV, and Sports) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, there is a foolproof way to keep all your streaming activities hidden from your ISP and the Government. All you need is a good VPN for Kodi. A VPN will mask your original IP which is and will help you bypass Online Surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
I personally use and recommend ExpressVPN, which is the fastest and most secure VPN. It is compatible with all kinds of streaming apps and devices.
NOTE: We do not encourage the violation of copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
So, before you start streaming on Kodi, here's how to get VPN protection in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Get the ExpressVPN subscription HERE. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Meaning, you can use it free for the first 30-days and if you are not satisfied with the performance (which is highly unlikely), you can ask for a full refund.
Step 2: Click HERE to download and install the ExpressVPN app on your streaming device. If you are using a FireStick, I have given the exact steps starting with Step 4 below.
Step 3: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That's all. Your connection is now secure with the fastest and best VPN for Kodi.
The following are the steps to install Kodi VPN on your Fire TV devices. If you have other streaming devices, follow Step 1-3 above.
Step 4: Subscribe to ExpressVPN HERE (if not subscribed already).
Step 5: Go to Fire TV Stick home screen. Click Find followed by Search option (see image below).
Step 6: Type Expressvpn in the search bar and select when it shows up.
Step 7: Click Download.
Step 8: Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign in using the email ID and password that you created while buying the ExpressVPN subscription.
Step 9: Click the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. That’s all. Your FireStick is now secured with the fastest VPN.
How to Use the Shadow Addon on Kodi
First, we learn how to access the Shadow addon on Kodi. If you know how to do it, you may skip this part.
Go to the Kodi home screen and highlight Add-ons on the left. You can access the addon from the Video add-ons heading on the right.
Alternately, click the Add-ons option on the home screen. Now, select Video add-ons on the next window. Shadow Kodi addon appears on the right. You can click the addon tile to open it. However, before you open it, check the next part.
Real Debrid Sign In
Shadow is a Real-Debrid-based add-on. Therefore, before using it, we need to set up Real Debrid.
Note: You can also use Premiumize or All-Debrid with Shadow Kodi addon. However, Real Debrid is the best, hands down.
On a computer, right-click the addon. On FireStick, select the addon and either long-press it or press the menu key on the remote. Again, long-press will do if you are using Kodi on an Android TV. Long-press also works on touch devices (mobiles & tablets).
The following popup menu appears. Click Settings.
Click Debrid on the left. Choose the service you want to sign in with the choose debrid service menu. I am choosing RD as I am signing in with Real Debrid. Click Re-auth Real-Debrid.
The following popup is displayed. It contains the Real Debrid authorization code.
Visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the code (login to the Real Debrid account if required).
Once you are signed in, you can start using the addon. This is what the main window looks like.
The interface is simple. Just choose the category and start browsing the content.
How to enable one-click play
Shadow Kodi addon supports one-click playback. However, one click is disabled by default; you need to enable it manually.
One-click playback automatically plays the title or episode without displaying multiple links to choose from. The addon picks what it considers the best streaming link for you on its own. If that’s what you want, here is how you can enable this option:
Open the addon and click Options in the bottom-left corner.
Click Add-on settings on this menu.
Select One-click play on this dialog box and enable one-click for movies and TV shows.
Shadow is one of the best Kodi addons I have come across recently. It is a premium hoster-only addon. Therefore, you must sign in with either Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All-Debrid. That’s precisely the reason why it offers high-quality streaming. If you have one of the premium services, try the Shadow Kodi addon.
- How to Install ApeX Sports Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install The Crew Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Asgard Kodi Addon on FireStick
- How to Install Fen Kodi Addon on FireStick
Disclosure - FireStickTricks.com is reader-supported blog. When you buy a product through links on our site, we may earn commission. Learn More